RC Competitor

Stampede 4x4 sidewinder 8th

I have a stampede 4x4 and I'm thinking of getting a castle sidewinder 8th scale. Any input? A good combo? What upgrades are nessoray? I have mip splined cvd's all the way around, rpm shock towers, bigbore shocks, 17mm hubs, proline trenchers on 3.2 rpm revolvers. I have 2s lipos and I'm planning on running 2 and 4s. I might buy a 3s if the 2s is not enough and 4s is too much.

I have a sidewinder 8th with a 3800kv motor. I love it.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Competitor
    My truck is about like yours with upgrades, just installedd sidewinder 8/2200 and ran first two 3s packs thru it today, awesome, spent some time trying to fine tune the new revo slipper but its ridiculous fun/fast, I set it up with 18/50, never got over 130 motor temp, I've never had a low kV motor before and seems to cog some but has power to spare for sure. I'd recommend for sure

RC Racer
    I have the Sidewinder 8th w/2200kv combo and it's a blast to drive... if you go for this combo you will have to modify the chassis to fit the larger motor and esc but once you do that you will have a smile on your face 100% of the time... here is my setup and how I mounted the combo that way you have an option to look at to help you make up your mind...

RC Qualifier
    A search would show you that many people run this setup and love it... I am one of them. Just remember you will want a 3s battery or a 4s to get some good speeds going.
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

RC Competitor
    So I'm thinking this and a series connector and a 3s lipo so I have the 3s and the 4s to run

RC Competitor
    Is there anymore upgrades I should get? Tekno center drive shaft? Right now mines shattered to in thinking that. Kind headz motor mount? Strc motor mount maybe? Different slipper? Help me out please

RC Racer
    Definitely go with the kings head motor mount and aluminium revo slipper pads maybe the i bar for your diffs.
    Hey kid that's not a toy!!

Quote Originally Posted by _jake_rc View Post
    Is there anymore upgrades I should get? Tekno center drive shaft? Right now mines shattered to in thinking that. Kind headz motor mount? Strc motor mount maybe? Different slipper? Help me out please
    With the mods you have already done I would I bar both diffs,traxxas aluminium motor mount or kingshead,traxxas aluminium motor plate for strength and heat dissipation,aluminium bearing adaptor if you don't already have one.with the center shaft see if you break the stock one first and if so tekno big bone will fit the bill
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxmaxxoregon View Post
    My truck is about like yours with upgrades, just installedd sidewinder 8/2200 and ran first two 3s packs thru it today, awesome, spent some time trying to fine tune the new revo slipper but its ridiculous fun/fast, I set it up with 18/50, never got over 130 motor temp, I've never had a low kV motor before and seems to cog some but has power to spare for sure. I'd recommend for sure
    Have you messed with timing and punch control. Mine didn't cog running same batteries as you and I was running a taller gear 21/50.

RC Competitor
    As of now my center shaft adapter things are shattered to I'm thinking it costs a little more as of now but I will just get the tekno big bore center shaft

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Have you messed with timing and punch control. Mine didn't cog running same batteries as you and I was running a taller gear 21/50.
    I use link but started out with ESC defaulted, I'll need to mess with the torqe control when I get it back together, tore it down to a pile parts yesterday afternoon. Thought perhaps I had an other issue, didn't see anything that stood out though

RC Competitor
    I ordered the tekno bigbore chanter shaft last night.

Wait, what does it mean to I bar the diff? Where can I get those? And how much?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-25-2015 at 10:15 AM. Reason: merge

There is a bar inside the xo -1 differential that substantially improves the strength of the diff. You can see it in this photo in between the gears. The metal tabs on the outside of the gears are another durability upgrade. They come with the e maxx diff rebuild kit.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

I been running just I bars for about 3 ish years now and have had no problems since with spider gears or warped diff cases...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!