Thread: pede4 springs

RC Competitor

pede4 springs

I'm running castle 2200 and sidewinder 8th/5000 mah 3s, I installed tmaxx springs but just not stiff enough, i did a search and seems people like VG racing springs, are the stampede heavy duty set enough for a heavy pede4? I generally run 50 weight in all four shocks and still use ultras with alluminum caps? What are others running for springs? Maybe the ultras with stock springs and one hole pistons?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    what tmaxx springs do you have? I have a set of tmaxx springs on my big bore shocks, and they are not the stock red springs, they are a lot thicker, and more heavy duty

they are black as opposed to red if that makes a difference, have no idea what they were from, got them off my tmaxx... I put them on my tmaxx 15 years ago....

also, have you tried adding pre-load spacers?

RC Competitor
    I tried the red stock t-maxx springs, figured its just collecting dust anyhow. Yeah I use the pre-load spacers to adjust the ride height, think I was running one wide rear, one narrow front. I like to run my truck at local box track and with all new weight truck did lots/extreme bottoming out today, way heavier than when I was running castle 3800/2s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yeah, the black springs i run were from my tmaxx, and they are way thicker/heavier duty than the stock red ones