RC poster

Diff Pro's step inside

So I replaced the rear diff in my sons Teton with the traxxas spool. Didn't take long and we shredded the plastic ring gear. Front diffs started the latrax clickiddy click. So we replaced it with the 18t associated rebuild kit and aluminum gear. Well, I think I over tightened and stripped it.

Long story short. I'm burnt out on the diff issue. I have a brushless combo on the way and I don't want to mess with the diffs again!

Who wants to build me a pair of diffs I can drop in and be done with it? I don't want to mess with them anymore!!!!

Thanks,
    C

RC Racer
    What part did you strip?
    Teton-The Mini Monstrosity
    Slash-Project "SR-71"

RC poster
    Stripped the plastic ring gear on the spool I put in the rear. I'm sure I should have shimmed it better.

For the front, I'm pretty sure I stripped the plastic over tightening the diff build. I backed it off, but it felt off.

While I have it apart this time I want to drop in some diffs that have the best chance of holding up to a brushless set up that is as low maintenance as possible.

If nothing else I'm going back stock with proper shimming and grease.

Come on Traxxas...step up with some diff upgrades already jeeeeeez, I think enough people have asked.

RC Racer
    You should invest in the rc18 steel ball Diff. There's not plastic to strip on it. Lol
    Teton-The Mini Monstrosity
    Slash-Project "SR-71"

RC Enthusiast
    Go to thetoyz.com and buy their steel rc18t differential gears. $18.99 for one set. Finally was able to drive mine longer than 2 minute before stripping out the diffs.

RC poster
    The piece I stripped by over tightening was the plastic diff tube. On the other end it was the plastic diff gear on the latrax spool I put in. I re ordered the associated 21024 diffs and will do those front and rear. Trying again!