Thread: I need tools!!

RC Qualifier

I need tools!!

I just got into the hobby. Bought a set of dynamite "traxxas starter tool set". After about 5 minutes of using them I realized that they suck!! Well maybe not that bad but I do want to get a better set. Not the best but something that will last and are better than average. Any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by Tashco View Post
    I just got into the hobby. Bought a set of dynamite "traxxas starter tool set". After about 5 minutes of using them I realized that they suck!! Well maybe not that bad but I do want to get a better set. Not the best but something that will last and are better than average. Any suggestions??
    MIP makes a good tool. I use the Dynamite one's also and have no problems. What exactly is the problem?
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

http://www.rcplanet.com/MIP_MIP_Metr...Lh-Uex9SQaApBi Some one else told me about them but they look realy good
    I am better than you!!

RC Racer
    Curious to why you dislike the Dynamite tools as well, I just bought a set today and they seem ok.

RC Champion
    I have been using the same Dynamite set for 3 years now and not 1 complaint
    just a basher

This is my favorite set. It's for building the giant Align helicopters, so they're as tough as you can get. We have a set at my lhs that's used every single day all day long, and they're three years old and they don't show any wear.

https://vortexhobbies.com/align-hexa...4-p-13431.html
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    I bought the traxxas starter set. It has 1 handle and all the drivers slide into it. The 8mm nut driver is almost round from taking off my tires a few times. Seems like everyone likes them. Maybe I just got a bad batch.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm gonna go with mip. I've hear a few good things about them. Gonna give them a shot

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This is the set of dynamite drivers I've been using for years now and I love them. Never had a problem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dynamite...item51cc234e59
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I dont endorse ANY of their other products, but IMO you can't get a better tool set than the Integy TiNI set. I have 2 complete sets of their hexs, nut drivers and regular screw drivers and they are simply awesome. They are also color coded which is amazing when your working on something as you don't have to check the size when you grab a new driver. You just look for the color. The green one, which is the most common size, has been used for going on 5 years, at least 30 builds (probably more) and COUNTLESS hours of maintenance and upgrading. I broke ONE tip on that driver but was using it to pry something... it didnt break from normal use. I rounded another off but was cranking hard on about a dozen rusted screws (with vice grips on the other end) so i don't blame the driver for that either and that tip still works, its just not as sharp as id like. So I spend $7 on a new tip and the driver is like new.

You can spend ALOT more on other tools from fancier name companies...and as I said, I don't endorse integy for anything else. Their bad reputation when it comes to car parts is well deserved. But their tools are amazing.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    This is the set of dynamite drivers I've been using for years now and I love them. Never had a problem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dynamite...item51cc234e59
    I've been using the above named dynamite red anodized 3 piece hex driver set, always have worked for me, $20 well spent. Of course I have a lot of other tools that make working on my trucks possible. Butane soldering iron, pliers, side cutters, vise grips, the list goes on.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    I've been using the above named dynamite red anodized 3 piece hex driver set, always have worked for me, $20 well spent. Of course I have a lot of other tools that make working on my trucks possible. Butane soldering iron, pliers, side cutters, vise grips, the list goes on.
    I recently picked up this same set after taking the advice of pro mod steve in another thread a number of months ago. They're fantastic quality tools and I'm very happy with them. They are a bit short in length, but you can really feel the quality and hardness of the tips when you're using them. I assume the OP may be referring to the Dynamite set that come in the black case, which I've heard not so good things about.

I use the Integy Ti Nitrate hex drivers and an ofna Glow plug wrench, curved hemostats, needle nose pliers and small side cutting wire cutters... Works for me.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    My dynomite tool set looks nothing like the one on your link!! They look like a quality set. Maybe I just bought a cheaper set? I'm gonna spend a few more bucks and see how it goes. Looks like if I spend around $25-$40 for a set of drivers I should be good!! Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by ant12hony View Post
    http://www.rcplanet.com/MIP_MIP_Metr...Lh-Uex9SQaApBi Some one else told me about them but they look realy good
    I bought these. Recommended by many people on multiple forums. Nice quality with replaceable tips. So far so good!

RC Racer
    So far the Dynamite hex drivers I picked up for $11 seem decent.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashco View Post
    My dynomite tool set looks nothing like the one on your link!! They look like a quality set. Maybe I just bought a cheaper set? I'm gonna spend a few more bucks and see how it goes. Looks like if I spend around $25-$40 for a set of drivers I should be good!! Thanks guys
    Yea the ones in the link I posted are very nice my friend. Don't know if any other dynamite set.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Competitor
    Go to thrift stores and flea markets for tools. I got just about every tool your everyday hobbyist would need for less than $100.

RC Qualifier
    Never thought of going to flew markets. I'm gonna try that. Thanks

Take a look here for some good info:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ted-equal.html

It's pretty much a no-brainer that MIP/Thorpe are hands-down THE BEST hex drivers on the planet.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info