Thread: Sidewinder 8

RC Qualifier

Sidewinder 8

I have a sl4sh and p4de and would more likely run it mostly in the pede as my pede is my off road basher would this be a great upgrade I like the mmp but as that system cost 190 and the sidewinder 175 and waterproof so the sidewinder seems to be the better deal basher wise just wondering how do yall like yours?

RC Racer
    Love it man!!! Plenty of torque and speed,just have to get the truck ready to handle all that power/fun.
    Hey kid that's not a toy!!

RC Qualifier
    Every part on it is upgraded with Strc and rpm the only stock parts are the drive shafts and bumpers and chassis as drive shafts I'll replace with stock bc mip im not a fan of bc the rub the carriers and limited to their 17 hex I've had a set and sold them to a friend

RC Qualifier
    What would be a good start for the gear ration pinion and spur and the spur is stock from old slash 4x4 so would it be good for a revo slipper

RC Racer
    I run a20/50 in mine with the revo slipper pads and the i bars in the diffs. You should have a 54 tooth spur. Im running 4s so if you are going any higher than tht you might want to gear down a bit. My setup is crazy quick but not that much top end due to having 2200kv motor,ugive up some speed for all that power.
    Hey kid that's not a toy!!

RC Qualifier
    So would a 13 54 be good

With the drive train to stand up what would I need for that 2200 combo as I already have the i bars
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-25-2015 at 10:16 AM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell72 View Post
    So would a 13 54 be good
    I would say more in the 15-18 pinion range of mainly off roading. What size battery do you plan on running with the sw8 system

RC Qualifier
    3s spc lipo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell72 View Post
    3s spc lipo
    If speed isn't what your after. Just something that will run cool. I would start in the range I mentioned above. I use to run on 3s 20/50 then 19/54 mainly on streets though.

RC Qualifier
    Part number for pinon gear