Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy42 View Post
    I am sure it will fit - or at least I hope so since I have two on order myself. I haven't decided on what paint treatment I want, but I really like the weathered look of the above picture. Since this is my first body, that may be a little ambitious, but that's why I bought two - I'll invariably screw up at least one... I'll experiment with some scrap plastic to see what I can come up with.
    agreed. i really like the weathered as well, but i know i can't pull it off. saw this holographic paint a had to check it out. can't wait to see what you do with yours.

RC Qualifier
    christmas in april. everything came today. that is crazy.... i hope my liquid mask is still good.

You are an RC god! (lol)
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    I hope this thing lays better then my last body.

Enjoying monster jam with the son. Go grave digger! He is the local hero here. Would post a sweet pic, but not sure if it is against rules or not....

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words and banned websites or brands to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-17-2015 at 10:07 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Selluminis View Post
    I hope this thing lays better then my last body.

Enjoying monster jam with the son. Go grave digger! He is the local hero here. Would post a sweet pic, but not sure if it is against rules or not....
    I look forward to seeing how you apocalypse body comes out.

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words and banned websites or brands to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out, even if contained in a quote.
    ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-17-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    Proud member of the red card club.

RC Qualifier
    update. Finished with the last 2 coats of clear coat. Letting the body cure.

This stuff is hard to see at first. I suggest putting it on in an area with a lot of light.

First coat. Really hard to see anything.

Finished Product. 3 coats of the color change and then 3 coats of high gloss backer. 2 coats of ultra clear coat....

Well, mostly done. Have to apply decals, roll cage, and fender flares. Going to be sweet. The body has all places where the holes need to be for the roll cage marked. That should help a lot.

And............................... of course, I forgot to mark and drill where my body mounts will go through before painting. That is NOT going to be fun.

This is Spazsticks holographic color change paint. One thing, they recommend their surface prep spray. I suggest getting it. I did not and there are all kinds of marks and swirls in my paint.

Got the extended proline body posts on too.
    The holes in the body posts did not line up with the holes in the RPM shock towers, but I made it work.

Just enough room for the shocks...

I am really concerned at how well these posts will hold up to me landing on my hood and sliding 20 feat, for 12 or 18 cart wheels. But we will see. I am really excited to see how the sure lock system work over standard body clips. More to come once I get the roll cage installed.........
    Last edited by Selluminis; 04-19-2015 at 06:52 PM.

You only need tiny holes for the body post threads. And you could use the threads to mark out the holes. Maybe you could put some water based paint on the tips of the post threads, then slowly lower the body until it touches the paint. Then wipe off the water based paint, from the treads, And there should be some paint marks on the inside of the body, for you to ream out.
    Remember that the holes wont be big holes like for the normal post.
    Nice paint job.
    My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

RC Qualifier
    That make sense. I will give it a try sometime this week.

RC Qualifier
    It is finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish Traxxas made something like this.

RC Qualifier
    Thread has gone kind of dead. Here is a small update. Got the body mounted. It looks really cool in low light. Almost like a gray color.

Tonight, I will get the roll cage on and the fender flares. Also, picking up a wheelie bar from LHS. That should help with the flip overs.

Also, my Dusty Motors cover came with shock covers. Anyone use them or recommend them? I might throw them on just to see what they look like....

Another question. Is it possible for something other than the chassis to be twisted? I had a really hard time lining up my body and it seems that no matter what, the body has to be forced on. This is hard to explain. It is like the truck is slightly twisted. I thought it was that other body I was using, but noticed on this new body as well....
    Last edited by Selluminis; 04-25-2015 at 10:50 AM.

RC Qualifier
    well, seems like this thread might be on it's last legs, but here is the finished project.... until it breaks that is.

Last edited by Selluminis; 04-26-2015 at 10:41 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Muy Bueno...... Glad to see you got it done....Until it breaks LoL

That's a TANK!
    My RC Cycle:

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug85603 View Post
    Muy Bueno...... Glad to see you got it done....Until it breaks LoL
    Quote Originally Posted by ausprime View Post
    That's a TANK!
    thanks. that body with the cage is heavy.

RC Qualifier
    thanks. that body with the cage is heavy.
    OH OH... Gonna need a bigger motor now to handle the weight LoL

RC Qualifier
    I weighed the body. 1lb 2oz. Someone give me a 4cc gas motor!

RC Qualifier

RC Champion
    Lol or just a xo-1 motor and a xl2. That'll be plenty to rip tires off the rims!
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    Holy crap! That can is massive!

Took it out for a gambit of speed runs, ramp jumping, and some crawling.

Broke a front body post, screws ripped out of the tranny case, and the steering was acting funny.

If the batteries are getting low, will the steering start to be flaky first?

Body held up amazingly!

Proline summit body + traxxas roll cage for the win!

Now, to email proline and beg for a body post.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    Lol or just a xo-1 motor and a xl2. That'll be plenty to rip tires off the rims!
    Isn't the xo-1 motor the 2000kv mm2? That is what I am running.

starting to regret this thing, but will still plug on.

Isn't the xo-1 motor the 2000kv mm2? That is what I am running.
    No it's not the 1515 @ 2200kV. It's a variant of the discontinued 1717 @ 1650kV.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    Yeah buddy!
    My RC Cycle:

RC Qualifier
    Yeah buddy!
    Sweet. I will take it. Lol.

RC Qualifier
    Oh yah!! I got a 1717 xo-1 coming in the mail tmrw and should work fine with my mm2 so once I get the gearing figured out I'll have a thread update on the process.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah buddy!
    You throwing that into the new magneto chassis you bought? If I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by BuGgYbAsHeR.28 View Post
    Oh yah!! I got a 1717 xo-1 coming in the mail tmrw and should work fine with my mm2 so once I get the gearing figured out I'll have a thread update on the process.
    Are you adding a CapPack from Castle or somebody else?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

You throwing that into the new magneto chassis you bought? If I'm not mistaken.
    Yep! Sure em.
    My RC Cycle:

RC Competitor
    That looks great!

until it breaks that is.
    That's half the fun.
    Today I saw my first carnage - I annihilated the rear stock shocks after a pretty cool series of end-over-end flips. I had RPM shock towers and big bores on standby so all is good.

I weighed the body. 1lb 2oz. Someone give me a 4cc gas motor!
    With this body, my FLM/RPM build is looking to be a real porker. I am still looking for a suitable powerplant
    Broke a front body post
    Hmmmm... I would've thought the long rear posts would be the first to go. Did you consider some cross braces (especially for the rear posts) similar to what the summit uses.
    If the batteries are getting low, will the steering start to be flaky first?
    What do you mean by flaky? I doubt that it is due to a low battery.

Proline summit body + traxxas roll cage for the win!
    I concur!
    Last edited by grumpy42; 04-27-2015 at 12:12 AM.

RC Competitor
    Yeah buddy!
    Are you going to try and water proof the ESC, or are you just going to keep it away from water?

Are you going to try and water proof the ESC, or are you just going to keep it away from water?
    Keep it away from water.
    My Savox servo isn't waterproof ether.
    And it never snows here.
    My RC Cycle:

RC Qualifier
    That looks great!

That's half the fun.
    Today I saw my first carnage - I annihilated the rear stock shocks after a pretty cool series of end-over-end flips. I had RPM shock towers and big bores on standby so all is good.

With this body, my FLM/RPM build is looking to be a real porker. I am still looking for a suitable powerplant

Hmmmm... I would've thought the long rear posts would be the first to go. Did you consider some cross braces (especially for the rear posts) similar to what the summit uses.

What do you mean by flaky? I doubt that it is due to a low battery.

I concur!

- One of the fender flares partially came off too. Going to get bigger longer screws for them.

- As for the body posts, I agree, was more worried about the rear ones. They did come with cross supports. The front did not. The body post came in a kit. Trying to get another cross support and a new body post. Will see if proline comes through on warranty since it was first run.

- The steering after a little bit would not turn to the left. I checked everything and the left servo has the horn screw loose. I put that back in and all seem fine for a little. When I lift the truck up the wheels turn fine. I wonder if the spline on the plastic stock servo horn is not stripped out. I hope that is all it is.

- As for power on this thing, the mm2 and mxl- 6s are still kicking butt. Plenty of power. I even still flip over with the wheelie bar on. lol. I bet this truck weighs every bit of 15 lbs at this point. Of course, I am not running full aluminum like a lot of people.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Are you adding a CapPack from Castle or somebody else?
    I have read about that. Figured I'd try it before adding one? I will eventually throw that mm2 into the slash and just buy the xo-1 so I don't have to add it and not have to alter mm2 before it goes into the slash. Is it recommended to have those caps for the 1717? Only looking 4s or 5s.

Edit: I suppose if needed I could add those caps to the mm2, as they are rather cheap from castle. What is best to do here?
    Last edited by BuGgYbAsHeR.28; 04-27-2015 at 06:09 AM.

RC Qualifier
    - One of the fender flares partially came off too. Going to get bigger longer screws for them.

- As for the body posts, I agree, was more worried about the rear ones. They did come with cross supports. The front did not. The body post came in a kit. Trying to get another cross support and a new body post. Will see if proline comes through on warranty since it was first run.

- The steering after a little bit would not turn to the left. I checked everything and the left servo has the horn screw loose. I put that back in and all seem fine for a little. When I lift the truck up the wheels turn fine. I wonder if the spline on the plastic stock servo horn is not stripped out. I hope that is all it is.

- As for power on this thing, the mm2 and mxl- 6s are still kicking butt. Plenty of power. I even still flip over with the wheelie bar on. lol. I bet this truck weighs every bit of 15 lbs at this point. Of course, I am not running full aluminum like a lot of people.
    Rpm has a great warranty, I flipped my truck over once without a lid and grinded down my posts......how ever that is a wear item just like the rpm skids......is not cover under warr. I'm not sure about pro line but hopefully they do it for ya!

As for your horns, if the stock one is stripped, let me know I have two aluminum horns from integy still in the package. They replicate the stock horn as well.
    Last edited by BuGgYbAsHeR.28; 04-27-2015 at 06:10 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Rpm has a great warranty, I flipped my truck over once without a lid and grinded down my posts......how ever that is a wear item just like the rpm skids......is not cover under warr. I'm not sure about pro line but hopefully they do it for ya!

As for your horns, if the stock one is stripped, let me know I have two aluminum horns from integy still in the package. They replicate the stock horn as well.
    I have a couple of aluminum ones, but they are only single layer ones. Not like the stock at all. It seens that I would be putting a lot of faith on the small part of the screw head that is into the horn....

PM me with a price on those integys.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567