RC poster

Angry burning up spur gears

This is the 4th spur gear i have put in it. Ive been running stock 48 pitch with a 19 tooth pinion on castle sidewinder with 3s lipo and 2s lipo. I know the motor is seated right i do the paper trick and it comes out right everytime.its just burning up spurs

I would suggest installing the slipper clutch and 32 pitch gears for brushless operation. Part 6878 is a drop-in slipper clutch / 32p gear assembly. Then just find the pinion you want to use and you should be good to go.

RC Champion
    +1 32p gears from the stampede 4x4 are, in my opinion, a required upgrade when using brushless on the telluride.

If by "burning up" you mean you are stripping the teeth then I would have to suggest your mesh is not set properly or is not staying set properly. The paper trick is good but the kind of paper you use makes a difference. If I use printer paper the mesh is too loose, I like using a receipt from a cash register, the paper is much thinner and gives me better results
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    with a 19 tooth pinion
    Silly question, but 19 tooth, 48 pitch, right?

I'd go 32 pitch (0.8 mod) and a Slash 4x4/Stampede 4x4 slipper and be done with it.

If you really wanted something EXTRA beefy, you could even go mod 1.

And then the Mod 1 pinion of your choice, which will need an adapter because they are 5mm.

RC poster
    I would like thank you guys all of this as helped greatly it is not operational and 100% i am new to the rc world and im trying to get a feel on what and how everything operates. Also what do i need as far as converting to the slash 4x4 A arms to give it a wider stance?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Arms. Drive shafts. Camber links. Steering links.