RC Competitor

Another 1/8 motor conversion

She's alive!

already have basic upgrades, now a motor to test the limits. Once i strip all the spare 12mm rims or tires wear out i have, I have 17mm setup ready to go.

Went with the popular WPSC8 and Leopard 2700kv. ESC plate dremeled a bit and screwed down. ESC is taped and zip tied to the plate.

RC Competitor

Another 1/8 motor conversion

maiden voyage today on 3s geared 18t pinion 54t spur

I know it's geared too high, but wow! bashing around for 15 minutes and motor is just lukewarm(forgot my temp gun). I'll gear down to 14t after i get some speed runs on asphalt. I can't imagine needing any more than this. I'm sure the castle 8th system is equivalent.

Also already had the programming card form some 1/16 esc/motor combos i bought years ago. Maybe not as customizable as Castle link, but enough for most users.

Watch the language.
    ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-28-2015 at 11:38 PM.

RC Competitor
    This awesome I now want to do the same. Im just going to have to find the money...

Dude if it's only warm it maybe worth sticking with that setup dudeand that's the motor I want to get my hands on when my tenshock gives up the ghost lol.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Dude if it's only warm it maybe worth sticking with that setup dudeand that's the motor I want to get my hands on when my tenshock gives up the ghost lol.....peace
    I'll play with it a bit more at it's current gearing, but I had about a football field worth of dirt and the equivalent length of asphalt and could not get WOT longer than 1-2 seconds before i ran out of territory, and even then that 1-2 seconds involved wheelies.

Quote Originally Posted by almach1 View Post
    I'll play with it a bit more at it's current gearing, but I had about a football field worth of dirt and the equivalent length of asphalt and could not get WOT longer than 1-2 seconds before i ran out of territory, and even then that 1-2 seconds involved wheelies.
    That's because that setup is a monster for the stampedehappy bashing....peace

RC Qualifier
    running the same motor in my Slash MT, it's a beast . I might get another for my Stampede but the 3800KV Castle on 3s is doing just fine for now.

RC Competitor
    The only thing I'd do differently next time is put some shorter bullet connectors. The leopard ones are skinny but long. I'd prefer shorter and thicker. Makes it hard to bend and route cables

RC Qualifier
    maiden voyage today on 3s geared 18t pinion 54t spur

I know it's geared too high, but wow! bashing around for 15 minutes and motor is just lukewarm(forgot my temp gun). I'll gear down to 14t after i get some speed runs on asphalt. I can't imagine needing any more than this. I'm sure the castle 8th system is equivalent.

Also already had the programming card form some 1/16 esc/motor combos i bought years ago. Maybe not as customizable as Castle link, but enough for most users.

Watch the language.
    ksb51rl
    If your motor is just lukewarm, why would you change the gearing? I would get a temp with a temp gun first to be sure but if you are running the 2700kv, you could probably even gear it higher!

My 2400kv is geared 22/50 with no heat issues- 130F

RC Competitor
    Its pribably now a 3s only truck and eventually I'm looking for more throttle control. I can barely touch the last 1/4 of the throttle.

I'm enjoying the speed for now though. Maybe I'll figure out how use all that juice.

RC Racer
    Thats where im geared too 18/54 and i have the same setup with 3s 6500 batt.
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

RC Competitor
    Its pribably now a 3s only truck and eventually I'm looking for more throttle control. I can barely touch the last 1/4 of the throttle.

I'm enjoying the speed for now though. Maybe I'll figure out how use all that juice.
    I also recently put an 8th setup in my pede4, I know what your saying about more power than you need, I think it made it more challenging to drive it than just pinning throttle to max and going, its entertaining to have to actually drive it.

My setup is powerful for it size and can be a handful so you guy's loving yours lol....peace

RC Racer
    Loving mine, so much fun! No more heat issues, no lack of power just a monster!
    Hey kid that's not a toy!!

After a 3s pack running on grass my motor gets to around 150-160f geared 15t in the winter and 13t in the summer but it's fast and has plenty of torque...peace