Thread: Gaming PC

Gaming PC

hi guys.
    planing on making a gaming pc after several years thinking of it. im on a budget of 680$. would like to know what you guys think is better for me in term of processor, grafic card....
    list:
    http://gyazo.com/e9e0db921295b46b71e37cc4b341c2d5
    http://gyazo.com/585c3d15dea2982bae89d2769759af00

so? what do you guys think? should i change something or am i good seted up? as for OS i already have windows 7 64bits.
    | Slash 4x4 | Stampede 4x4 | E-Revo BL | RPM |

RC Racer
    The power supply will not support that graphics card as it requires a 500w power supply Specs on newegg.
    The rest looks ok just verify that the cpu comes with a acceptable cooling unit.

RC Racer
    That would work. But if you ever want to run dual video cards you should stick with ati video cards as the motherboard you have chosen doesn't support "sli" which is for nvidia but does support "crossfire" which is for ati.

Quote Originally Posted by Wansfall View Post
    That would work. But if you ever want to run dual video cards you should stick with ati video cards as the motherboard you have chosen doesn't support "sli" which is for nvidia but does support "crossfire" which is for ati.
    Some games work better with Crossfire than SLI, other games may work better with SLI over Xfire.

I suggest looking at your games you want to play first.... Then decide your build.

I'm using an Asus AC97 PRo Mboard, Antec 1000 watt PSU, Dual Nvidea Gevorce GTX 760'sSLI's on a Liquid cooled I7 4790 processor, 32 gigs ram, qty 4 250 gig Samsung Evo's Raid 10 qty 2 samsung Evo's 500 gig Raid1. In an Antec 900 Case and a Blue Ray Burner.

It runs basically anything I want it to.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

A good reference site is

http://techbuyersguru.com/DIYPCs.php

They have multiple budget recommendations that they update frequently. I took parts from their $1000 to $2000 guides and built what I wanted on my budget, reusing the PSU and DVD burner from my old rig so I could spend more on other components. Worth checking out at least.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    If I were you I would spend a decent amount of money and get a good system that will run games in a few years not one that will hardley run current games. It will be cheaper in the long run too!
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Check out overclock.net forums. Not saying the guys here don't give good suggestions, but over there... that's their thing.

RC Racer
    One other thing you may want to consider for a super fast rig is adding a solid state drive. They have come down alot in price and are well worth it. If the size is too small, just use it for your OS and install everything else on a larger magnetic drive. I just put one in an old laptop I gave to my wife, and from a powered-off state, it is booted and running in 20 seconds!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I agree. I have slowly built mine up. I have a quad core... 8 gigs of DDR3 ram... etc. etc. But nothing has made such a HUGE difference as my SSD. My buddy threw an SSD into a cheap older laptop for an experiment and now that thing works like it's got a turbo AND nitrous on it.

From a cold boot, I can be online in 8 seconds. Unbelievable but true. I timed it.

Gaming PC

Well so i finally ended up with a much powerful pc. I totally forgot about the thread i have. I firstly got my pc in September 2015 with the following specs:

-NZXT H440 case
    -MSI 970 Gaming MoBo
    -AMD 8350 8 core CPU
    -Corsair H100i liquid cooler
    -Gigabyte 960 4GB
    -Samsung 850evo 250gb SSD
    -Sharkoon 700w 80Bronce PSU
    -Hyper X 8gb DDR3 RAM (4x2)

SET-UP BEFORE

After some time i ended up selling the MoBo,CPU,RAM and Video card to upgrade since it wasnt enought for me with what i had. So i ended up buying:

-Intel 6700k CPU
    -Asus Z170-A MoBo
    -Hyper X 8GB DDR4 RAM (bought an extra 8gb stick after a month to get 16gb total)
    -EVGA 980 Ti Video card

SET-UP AFTER (also moved house same time)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by traxxasvxlbasher; 07-26-2016 at 07:17 AM.

Love that Lego set! I remember when I was a total nerd with computers. Now all you guys say looks like a foreign language to me LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderMelon View Post
    Love that Lego set! I remember when I was a total nerd with computers. Now all you guys say looks like a foreign language to me LOL.
    Haha, one year ago, i didnt know anything but with help of my fathers partner and youtube, i managed to get very good at this

Gaming PC

UPDATE: New extion for the 8pin gpu connector, silverstone white extension to match the rest. Samsung 500gb 850evo SSD. Throwed in the stock fans for the radiator since the ones from the case i put on wasnt good enoght to push air through the rad, abit noiser but more cool the cpu. Gonna get sooner or later some new fans. Thinking of the corsair sp120 quiet edition but any ither recomendation will be appreciated. They do need to be white and not noisy or with PWN so i can control the speed

That's a very clean build. Nice work. Love that case
    "Drive it like you stole it"

I have the corsair sp120 fans in my pc. Not the quiet edition but they are quiet.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it