RC Qualifier

.32....slayer....!!!!!

I'm going to do it ! I just ordered the New Era mount.I'm going to find a RR steel gear set.It will have a new force .32 with a JP-3 side dump.I got the sway bars to get in next couple days maybe.Does anyone know if the short chassis tmax bodies fit the short slayer?Oh yah My ofna 1/8 street foams should show up today..and those go on after work late tonight.......
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

RC Competitor
    Froggy where did you get that mount? What are you...a magician?
    Follow My Slayer Pro Build!

RC Qualifier
    It looks like I bought it from New Era....Frank Sr at New Era it says on my reciept....The bay same place I sent you. the next day it came up with 2 more when I checked on the one you bought.....So I told the wife another came up...She said just buy it ....So I did...lol...

RC Competitor
    hmmm hey are there instructions for this big block kit or a link where we can follow a build. Mine just came in and didnt come with instructions. I'm sure worse comes to worse I can figure it out, but it would be handy if there were instructions or visuals.
    Last edited by NizzleMaShizzle; 03-01-2015 at 02:54 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Not that I know of,I saw a few pics on yahoo photos.Should be enough pics to figure it out.You might find something in the revo forum on this,I might check there myself.

RC Qualifier
    Found some pics in thread on the revo forum couldn't get the link to work .
    Last edited by froggymaxx; 03-01-2015 at 03:50 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Just got the sways in and the ofna foams on.Feels so much more stable on the bench.Cant get out to run tank 2 of the 3.3 break in too cold.kinda don't want to pull the 3.3 till its broke in.It's going to be tough if the New Era mount comes in and the break in isn't finished.That .32 is going to be an animal...lol...we'll see how long the drives last.......

RC Competitor
    Make sure you do a build thread of your slayer i'm pretty curious to see how it all pans out for you. It's always nice to so the excitement of a fellow enthusiast when they have goodies ready to install!

I'll be ordering my rear drives pretty soon. I need to get some stuff to finish my engine....m2c 3 shoe, pullstart/owb, motosaver filter and I should be good. I also want to upgrade my electronics, i'll probably just get a cheap HPI TF40 Tx and RF30 Rx coz I'm not feeling the adjustments on the TQi. I love how precise the endpoint adjustments are on the TF40, not to mention the price point ($30-$40). Also need better servos i'm gonna get me some tower servos, but I have to wait coz the TS-170 is on back order till April. TS-170 for steering and TS-160 for throttle. Once I got those I'll slap on the picco. I'll probably work on the suspension first, since I have almost everything to do that. I'm hoping my build will be fully complete in the next couple months. Then I can figure what to do with that New Era Mount.......

RC Qualifier
    You should look at the Savox servos I like them alot .I can't see me getting them till the traxxas ones fail.I had them on a 1/8 GTP II street car.And on 2 other revos I built some time back.Hey do they make the traxxas CVD'S for the slayer?And centers also?....Gotta run back to work so cutting this short....

RC Qualifier
    Well the link won't work....It was awsome 3 engines on a maxx.....all big blocks....
    Last edited by froggymaxx; 03-02-2015 at 04:04 PM.

RC Competitor
    Yes mip makes cvds for the slayer. But it depends on which slayer you have. If you have the older model #5908 all their slayer pro specific parts will fit.

But if you have the newer #59076 Slayer pro (with revo extended chassis/arms) then your gonna have to get the revo kit for the center drives. As for the wheel drives, your gonna have to piece some MIP parts together. If you're planning on getting all fours, then you'll need these MIP parts: (4) spline drive sets from an ax10 scorpion, (4) 6mm drive hubs for revo/tmaxx, (4) Revo or Tmaxx CVD axles. That's like $200 bux for complete set of CVD's LOLOLOLOLOL

RC Qualifier
    I have the short chassis....So I'll check out the MIP'S.thanx Nizz.....

RC Qualifier
    Ok So just to let some in on the skinny of the.32 fitting. I'm going to have to move the trans forward a little.and the pull start does just touch the rear arm at full compression.and this is with the mount in the forward(small block clutch bell position) The big block position won't work for me.The JP3 pipe will need a header mod to clear the linkage and roll bar, that's an easy fix.But so far so good.

RC Competitor
    I thought that mount was adjustable so that it wouldn't bind with the rear arms.

RC Qualifier
    In my case with this .32 things have to move.I read alot of BB stuff in the revo forum. most engines fit no problem,Just not my case.I might limit the travel on that shock.the other problem is it has a 36t spur 14t bell. the the bell gear hits the clutch plate so a bigger spur is a must. Or move the tranny even more forward.And move forward it will.It needs to so the gears line up correctly.I read some where 18/38 or 40 with the wide ratio gears is that right?And that was just .32. .30 and lower was something else.That was running BB clutch.I have no glue what gear to run SB.Any idea's feel free tell.I will run this mostly street.love speed but like the font wheels up alot also...lol
    Last edited by froggymaxx; 03-05-2015 at 11:29 PM.

RC Competitor
    well when I slap on the picco i'm starting off 16T/36T. If it still wheelies i'll try a 17T clutch bell. We'll see after I'm done with the slayer project I'm gonna do a revo and use that new era mount. Probably slap on a LRP .28 or Picco Boost .28. We'll see. One thing at a time. You ever think of putting engine spacers to move the engine up higher so it wont hit the A arms?

http://m2cracing.com/product.sc?prod...&categoryId=-1

RC Qualifier
    You know I have a grip of them somewhere...But I got that not hitting I still need to move forward a 1/16 more to line up the gears.It's going to fit it just needs a nudge.I been looking at the RR Gen 3 slipper and hard bell.That with the RR wide ratio steel in the tranny.The .32 is going to have huge torque I hope to keep drives alive for a while with the slipper a little loose.I learned a ton the revo forum. I've done 2 revos in the past years I can't believe how much I forgot about them.The last one had a .26 picco red dot. with RR wide gears can't remember what gear one spur/bell. It was a platinum,The other a 3.3 basic stock model.

RC Qualifier
    I have to get some pics up soon..the truck is looking good...The .32 is in.!!!..the RR wide ratio gears are on the way,the exhaust is mocked up,and appears it will fit under the body...YAY no hack job....took a while to dig through all the 1/8 buggy headers I have to find one to put it in the right location.also thinking about some wheel extentions just need to make up my mind how wide I don't want a ton of width but enough to make it handle the speed ...like I said this will be more of a street machine....A mid block Revo is next for off road.

RC Qualifier
    Wow I tried to post a pic again to no avail...lol.....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by froggymaxx View Post
    Wow I tried to post a pic again to no avail...lol.....
    Picturetrail has yet to fail me
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    Ok here is some food for thought ....When the New era mount is in the BB clutch bell position(rear most) On the slayer with the force engines it clears the arm at fill compression strait down.....But If you land a jump left rear there is going to be damage.So what my plan is fuel tubing to limit read travel. I don't plan on much if any jumping with the slayer.This build is more street and Oval driving.But for those who want to use the force engines in the slayer with this mount this is what I have found.Hope it's some help.