RC poster

Merv/slash parts compatability

I've been out of rc since I bought my Jato back when they first came out and just purchased a slash 1/16. I was looking at parts and noticed there's tons of parts for the merv, and only some mention being compatable with the slash. I don't see a huge difference on some parts. Is there a post or list I could use to see which "merv" parts would work on my slash? I've tried the search but didn't see much. Thanks!

RC Racer
    most of it will cross over, the a-arms, axles and springs will be more specific to just the slash
    Good, Fast, Cheap; You can only have two

RC Champion
    The only functional difference between the mini slash an mini revo are a-arms, axles, pushrods, toe links, springs, wheel\tire's and gearing. (Incidentaly, change those parts and you can convert to a mini revo, add rockers and you can do a mini summit) Then there are cosmetic differences bumpers, body, maybe body mounts. Everything else is the same...
    Dacaur

RC poster
    Thanks guys! That helps a lot.

Side note; so if I did want to widen up my slash a bit I could just buy merv parts and they'll change out easily?

Yes, but you would probably have to slash your Slash body and/or lift it using body mount extensions.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein