Thread: Lol

RC Qualifier

Lol

Well got the sidewinder sodered and mounted the esc to the batter hold down and on the first jump bam rear drive shaft went bye bye so now need to know what drive shafts to go for and I have Strc all the way around and f11 17 hex wheels on Trenchers geared 17 54 and man the torque this monster puts out and not even no heat from it but atleats my summit came in to keep me busy while the pedes down. But in advance thanks guys for the info and any shaft info I'll be interested

Mip x duty shafts are great! You will most likely need new 17mm adapters though.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

I prefer Tekno. MIP X-duties are great too, but looking at rotating mass, design with the two grub screws instead of a pin and price, I think Teknos are more value for money.
    Nobody is born with experience

For bashers though the x duties are stronger. But I agree with all your statements. If any of my cars were racers only I would get tekno shafts. On my next car I am planning on using xo-1 driveshafts.

RC Qualifier
    So im guess x duties and mip adapters

RC Qualifier
    With Tekno you have to use their hubs right

RC Qualifier
    Don't most people hate mip 17 hex conversion

RC Qualifier
    No complaints yet. I run the sw8 2200kv combo. I am heavily modified everywhere on my pede, thanks to this forum

RC Qualifier
    Okay I have on order are mip front and rear and their hex and also the hpi #86094 for the drive shafts bc most people say the set screw fall out and some other parts to start my vxl pede

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, the pin from HPI is way better then the 2 grub screws. I was having issues with the 17mm adapters but all is good now. I have no complaints about the MIP's. Only issue I've had was my fault. I didn't check the screws and one must have backed out. Half the shaft flew off the truck and I never did find it in the snow. I should be more diligent about looking at my rig before I take it out to bash.

I dont mind the way the 17mm hexes work other than I wish the nut was taller. That doesnt affect its function though.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell72 View Post
    Okay I have on order are mip front and rear and their hex and also the hpi #86094 for the drive shafts bc most people say the set screw fall out and some other parts to start my vxl pede

If I were you id use the traxxas pins instead of hpi's. They are beefier. Search the forum. I think its in Mario's build thread. There are 2 lengths from traxxas, I used the longer on the back and shorter on the front. The shorter ones just touch the shock tower up front. One burp of the throttle and it fixed that. I use rpm towers. If you use aluminum towers you may have to shorten the pins.

RC Qualifier
    Do you have the number for those pins?

RC Qualifier
    Go to page 3 post #104 in Mario's "operating table is prepped" thread to see pictures and read about it.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell72 View Post
    That was/is my favorite upgrade and install. Use good loctite and let it do its thing before running. I use blue on mine with no issues, seems to me everything starts to work lose after 10-15 packs and I tear down and reinstall

When I install Mip's I always put the blue Loctite on the ears of the differential. That way if the set screws fall completely off the axles will still be in place.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

I have always used red threadlock on my mips and the hpi grubs and when I need to remove them I just use heat from a soldering iron and they come apart easily...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    +1............