RC Racer

any thing new happening?

ok xo-1 owners time to bring this xo-1 back to the top of the talk topic lol, i miss reading and tuning on my xo-1. anybody have any new designs or tips or tricks to try?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya510 View Post
    ok xo-1 owners time to bring this xo-1 back to the top of the talk topic lol, i miss reading and tuning on my xo-1. anybody have any new designs or tips or tricks to try?
    I think just about any mods you can do has been done, not a whole lot you can do to it, pretty much try to get rid as much as possible of all the play and balanced your tires and have fun

RC Racer
    yea i hear you on that, not a whole lot to really do, hardest part is finding somewhere nice and smooth enough to run it wide open lol.

RC Competitor
    As someone who has had the xo-1 since a few weeks after it was released, I for one am sad to see this great and awesome technological masterpiece has fallen off the radar , with a minor change from traxxas themselves which amounted to basically a body color redesign being the only "new" thing to come along for this Titan of RC ..

I had really hoped that we would have seen much more from traxxas and even secondary suppliers as far as hop ups and new more aerodynamic bodies, front canards for more downforce so we don't have to add front weight to keep it on the ground ,rear wings.... Yes you can get a corvette body that fits and another style..but none has been an improvement other then asthetics ...

I know it's hard to improve upon something like this , some have made their other brands as fast as the xo1 but no other manuf. has even attempted an out of the box 100mph car...

Would like to,have seen a racing class for this... A repurposing of the base idea into something like a on road late model race car.. A a nascar style bodies of diff. Auto brands, with purpose built rc scale high banked oval track ...

I'm just really sad this beast didn't inspire anything else

Traxxas? Anything in the works for your creation ? I came to electric from all my tmaxxs and revo and 4tec and jato nitro cars just for this car and am loving it every time I drive it...but I'm left saddened theirs nothing new in sight for it

RC poster
    Just installed MIP's, Pro-line Pro-Trac Arms, & 1/5 GRP wheels.... nothing new.

RC Qualifier
    Loopdiggakid which body are you running with those wheels and tires?

You got that right, Crazyivan. I've often wondered myself why there isn't a bunch of after market products for the XO. There's a bunch for my Emax, Summit, and Spartan. But, when it comes to my XO, it was all I could do to get a different body for it. You'd think it would be easy to get at least different bodies and wheels...nope. Oh well, I still love my XO too.

RC Qualifier
    Are the GRP wheels a hex or square nut?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by loopdiggakid View Post
    Just installed MIP's, Pro-line Pro-Trac Arms, & 1/5 GRP wheels.... nothing new.
    Hi
    When using proline arms for the rear did get away with not cutting the plastic on chassis and how far is grp wheels extending out of body. .
    My idea is to use stock arms at front for grp wheels and proline arms at rear with grps to give a slightly wider track for rear..
    Also i will use tra 6752 longer splined shafts for rear
    Last edited by laznickrc; 03-13-2015 at 06:12 PM.