RC Qualifier
    I'm from rip off Britain

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice video. I had to turn my boys avc's up. They would spin out on road.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Nice video. Obviously, Active Vehicle Control is fantastic.

But won't you learn to be a better driver by not using it?
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    Nice video. Obviously, Active Vehicle Control is fantastic.

But won't you learn to be a better driver by not using it?
    Yes it is kind of cheating but great fun especially for kids who struggle a bit,it just makes it more enjoyable and you can always turn it off.
    Also if someone is watching you can show off a bit lol!
    I'm from rip off Britain

Quote Originally Posted by uk slasher View Post
    ...if someone is watching you can show off...
    Sweet! Now, I got to get one!
    Obstacle Magnet

Ok, first off this is just my opinion and nothing more.

If I'm driving my rig and want to power slide a corner, I steer the rig but the avc decides to change my input.
    Now I want to put more power to the ground to alter the angle of my slide but avc decides to once again change my input.
    Question, short of running it into a wall am I still in control of the car?
    I'm sure it makes the car a breeze to run but, and again imho, I'm not in control of the car the avc is.
    But the point remains, you can turn it off.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    I'm still playing with AVC myself and got 3 receivers. 1 came with dx4s and I've had good luck with 2 of the 30 buck dollar hobbyz takeoffs. They say they are not recommended on other non OEM cars, but I find that it behaves just like the aftermarket srs4210.

you can turn down how much it "helps" you. you can adjust steering and throttle independently as well with a 4 channel radio. I actually will try out turning off throttle nanny and only use the steering aids next time I'm out.

RC Qualifier
    As with most things there's always a trade off I'm still learning with mine and adjusting avc imput according to different terrain,I only have the base model radio so can't adjust separate inputs to steering and exceleration .
    I would quess avc wouldn't be much use in on road situations unless maybe wet.
    I'm from rip off Britain

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Ok, first off this is just my opinion and nothing more.

If I'm driving my rig and want to power slide a corner, I steer the rig but the avc decides to change my input.
    Now I want to put more power to the ground to alter the angle of my slide but avc decides to once again change my input.
    Question, short of running it into a wall am I still in control of the car?
    I'm sure it makes the car a breeze to run but, and again imho, I'm not in control of the car the avc is.
    You can turn on and off the AVC

^^Thought I said that in the last line of my statement.^^

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    so....

Quote Originally Posted by Jelle318 View Post
    so....
    LOL, sometimes I'll type and post something before my proper cup or two of coffee in the morning and try to understand what i wrote a bit later.
    If I had a dime for every time I miss read a post I could take a cruse.

RC Qualifier
    I'm amazed by the technology though...really cool if you ask me.

RC Competitor
    So what you're trying to say is that you can turn it off?..

That is a nice circle track. I would like to see a video where you have it off so we could see the difference that it makes.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by almach1 View Post
    So what you're trying to say is that you can turn it off?..

Storm Troopers? To beat a dead horse . . . wouldn't it have been better to use the bad guys from the Lego 'Indiana Jones' series? Those were real, and really bad, bad guys!
    Last edited by jvogel; 05-11-2015 at 11:04 AM.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    That is a nice circle track. I would like to see a video where you have it off so we could see the difference that it makes.
    The track is about an hour away,but next time I get a chance I will do one with avc off
    I actually did do one without avc but the iPad was upside down When recorded and I don't know how to right it.
    I'm from rip off Britain

Quote Originally Posted by uk slasher View Post
    ...iPad was upside down When recorded and I don't know how to right it.
    Either turn your screen upside down or stand on your head. American ingenuity or stupidity? I think it's the latter.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Heck just turn it sideways and record

RC Qualifier
    What iam trying to say is if I post the video it will be upside down and I don't know how to correct it
    Obviously I know realise the iPad was upside down when my eight year old recorded it,just didn't notice at the time.
    I'm from rip off Britain

RC Racer
    I thought you was making us English look silly then too lol. But have you tried uploading it to pc or youtube and flipping the video with an editor.

If you type youtube/editor it will let you edit your uploaded videos and it's not a bad editor really.

The only problem is the video might seem stretched but it's worth a try mate. Or there must be a button in the ipad settings to right the picture.

Have you thought about getting an action cam something like the 40 sj4000 cam? I brought a gopro 3+ black then a friend brought the sjcam sj4p00 and tbh I wish I got that one too for how little I use it. In fact it's still new in box lol and I've had it afew months.

RC Racer
    Stuff it ill go for 100 posts and ask if your on msuk too I'm RCbutcher on there.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-PHASE View Post
    Stuff it ill go for 100 posts and ask if your on msuk too I'm RCbutcher on there.
    Thanks for reply and info on action cam which iam looking into but will check out your suggestion,I've done some more vids both with avc on and off I will post soon
    Will also check out your musk signature although I don't visit that much,thanks everyone
    I'm from rip off Britain

RC poster
    What kind of radios are you guys using with the avc?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by PascoPete View Post
    What kind of radios are you guys using with the avc?
    You can buy the spektrum dx4c with the srs4210 reciever (which is the avc rx). But make sure it comes with that radio. Cause you can buy the dx4c and it comes with a I think sr410 rx

RC poster
    That's the one I bought. Just not sure how to set it up and tweak it. Instructions were very limited. And I know some people don't likr the discussion of "non-Traxxis" items on this site.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by PascoPete View Post
    That's the one I bought. Just not sure how to set it up and tweak it. Instructions were very limited. And I know some people don't likr the discussion of "non-Traxxis" items on this site.
    It's very simple to calibrate. If you need help with that I can help you. If it's setting the throttle and steer of the avc. That would be under the AVC in the menu turn it on then set % how you feel fit to your driving style. Everyone has a different setting and feel for it

RC Champion
    My main concern is AVC too invasive like what we see in many 1:1 vehicles? It's a cool concept especially for little kids but is it worth it?
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

RC Enthusiast
    What settings for steering, throttle, and priority for AVC did you use?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    My main concern is AVC too invasive like what we see in many 1:1 vehicles? It's a cool concept especially for little kids but is it worth it?
    I don't use it that much anymore myself. Doing more on-road. At worst case you're left with good fully functional 4 channel radio with 4 channel receivers. (I purchased a few recycled OEM take-off receivers from a chop-shop back when they were cheaper)

RC Enthusiast
    With a very powerful rc that doesn't wheelie it's hard to keep straight on full throttle without trigger modulation without some sort of heading hold. That to me is the most beneficial especially on a 4wd system that likes to veer left bc of the drive shaft

Also when going over some bumps you can easily lose control and the AVC/TSM can react faster than you can to save from a spin out or worse
    Last edited by DeathVirus; 06-30-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Spent some time last week with my son in laws losi with the AVC on, theres no denying it can take a so so driver like me and turn him into a pro with the flip of a switch. If I said it wasn't fun I would be lying, it felt good to feel like a real rc racer for a while.
    That said my son in law who is a top end rc driver, like he was just born with the knack admitted after playing around a few days with his friends running the AVC a lot when he hit his next real race they make sure its disabled before you run and if you win they will check the truck again before you touch it just to be sure it remained disabled, (just a simple plug in the receiver to do it) that he did horribly, he had become accustom to winning or being in the top three swore to never engage it again.
    He's back on top but it took some doing for him to basically learn to race all over again.
    I guess if any type of sanctioned racing is in your future its not a good thing, tho if you never plan to see a track or as I put it really learn how to drive your rig it can be a lot of fun indeed,
    I have it installed on my PF8 speed run rig but heard it has issues when you start getting around 80 or so mph as the front wheels start to wobble, never tried it yet so I have no first hand experience but will give it a go when/if I ever get my rig 100% ready to go.
    I believe it was Er33 that said it happened to him but dont quote me on that, I have heard the TSM and AVC will do this when there turned up to high but doubt the engineers had 100mph+ rc's in mind when they produced these things.
    I would say to anyone using this driving aids have a blast, but every no and again turn it off and let your self get the feel of what it used to be like when you had full control.
    Imo this would be best to do without on lookers,lol. Took me two days to get the feel back and I dont race, tho every now and again when I pull off an excellent maneuver it feels good to know I did it.

RC Enthusiast
    Spent some time last week with my son in laws losi with the AVC on, theres no denying it can take a so so driver like me and turn him into a pro with the flip of a switch. If I said it wasn't fun I would be lying, it felt good to feel like a real rc racer for a while.
    That said my son in law who is a top end rc driver, like he was just born with the knack admitted after playing around a few days with his friends running the AVC a lot when he hit his next real race they make sure its disabled before you run and if you win they will check the truck again before you touch it just to be sure it remained disabled, (just a simple plug in the receiver to do it) that he did horribly, he had become accustom to winning or being in the top three swore to never engage it again.
    He's back on top but it took some doing for him to basically learn to race all over again.
    I guess if any type of sanctioned racing is in your future its not a good thing, tho if you never plan to see a track or as I put it really learn how to drive your rig it can be a lot of fun indeed,
    I have it installed on my PF8 speed run rig but heard it has issues when you start getting around 80 or so mph as the front wheels start to wobble, never tried it yet so I have no first hand experience but will give it a go when/if I ever get my rig 100% ready to go.
    I believe it was Er33 that said it happened to him but dont quote me on that, I have heard the TSM and AVC will do this when there turned up to high but doubt the engineers had 100mph+ rc's in mind when they produced these things.
    I would say to anyone using this driving aids have a blast, but every no and again turn it off and let your self get the feel of what it used to be like when you had full control.
    Imo this would be best to do without on lookers,lol. Took me two days to get the feel back and I dont race, tho every now and again when I pull off an excellent maneuver it feels good to know I did it.
    It has something to do with the combination of ESC, AVC/TSM, and steering servo. I have TSM set at 12% on our speed run machine which is just enough to keep it stable for a strong launch as well as overcome veering to the left bc of the rotation of the driveshaft.

Again, Certain receiver/servo/ESC combos don't work well or at all. For example:

1. Spektrum SRS4210/MMP/LHS LS-60D: the servo "sticks"
    2. Srs4210/MMP/Associated xp ds1015: truck turns right and spins out when I use the brakes with AVC active but drives fine with AVC set to 0%.
    3. Srs4210/MMP/traxxas 2075- works perfectly on any setting
    4. Srs4210/VXL-3-s/traxxas 2075- AVC works perfectly
    5. Srs4210/VXL-3s/associated xp ds1015- Tires twitch at high speed even with low AVC setting
    6.Srs4210/VXL-3s/LHS LS-60D: works fine going forward. When you hit the brakes it acts weird.
    7. Traxxas TSM receiver/BLX185/LHS LS-60D: works perfectly
    8. Traxxas TSM receiver/BLX185/associated xp ds1015: tires twitch at high speed unless TSM is turned off
    9. Srs4210/BLX185/associated xp ds1015: works perfectly
    10. Traxxas TSM receiver/hobby wing 45a/LHS LS-60D: flawless performance in any condition
    11. Traxxas TSM/MMP/LHS LS-60D- servo "sticks"
    12. Traxxas TSM/MMP/associated xp ds1015: works great
    13. Traxxas TSM/VXL-3s/associated XP ds1015: works great

So there you have it. It's all about comparability. The TSM and AVC are similar but different. On 2wd I like AVC hands down. On 4wd either one is fine. AVC is harder to set up perfectly and takes a bit more tinkering

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVirus View Post
    It has something to do with the combination of ESC, AVC/TSM, and steering servo. I have TSM set at 12% on our speed run machine which is just enough to keep it stable for a strong launch as well as overcome veering to the left bc of the rotation of the driveshaft.

Again, Certain receiver/servo/ESC combos don't work well or at all. For example:

1. Spektrum SRS4210/MMP/LHS LS-60D: the servo "sticks"
    2. Srs4210/MMP/Associated xp ds1015: truck turns right and spins out when I use the brakes with AVC active but drives fine with AVC set to 0%.
    3. Srs4210/MMP/traxxas 2075- works perfectly on any setting
    4. Srs4210/VXL-3-s/traxxas 2075- AVC works perfectly
    5. Srs4210/VXL-3s/associated xp ds1015- Tires twitch at high speed even with low AVC setting
    6.Srs4210/VXL-3s/LHS LS-60D: works fine going forward. When you hit the brakes it acts weird.
    7. Traxxas TSM receiver/BLX185/LHS LS-60D: works perfectly
    8. Traxxas TSM receiver/BLX185/associated xp ds1015: tires twitch at high speed unless TSM is turned off
    9. Srs4210/BLX185/associated xp ds1015: works perfectly
    10. Traxxas TSM receiver/hobby wing 45a/LHS LS-60D: flawless performance in any condition
    11. Traxxas TSM/MMP/LHS LS-60D- servo "sticks"
    12. Traxxas TSM/MMP/associated xp ds1015: works great
    13. Traxxas TSM/VXL-3s/associated XP ds1015: works great

So there you have it. It's all about comparability. The TSM and AVC are similar but different. On 2wd I like AVC hands down. On 4wd either one is fine. AVC is harder to set up perfectly and takes a bit more tinkering
    Thank you for taking the time and input, its truly appreciated.
    I have a specky DX4S, GEN 2 RX-8 esc and specky S6040 servo With a Srs4210 specky receiver and until I pull the trigger on a 2650 Poseidon its hooked to a 2200kv castle. with any luck I'll have a chance to get a few runs in this week end.
    Not looking to break 100mph put you never know what the day will bring.
    My speed rig is the only one with any driving aid receivers as I prefer to be in full control and would pick 2wd over 4wd any day as well.
    I guess if it does give me issues I still have a decent 4 channel receiver.
    Thanks again for taking the time to type out all your experiences with different setups, again it is truly appreciated.

RC Enthusiast
    No problem at all. Good luck

One question though- why do people want to disable AVC outside of sanctioned racing? Why get the receiver/transmitter in the first place? Futaba is a good brand to use if you don't plan on using a gyro system bc of they're superior range and other features
    Last edited by DeathVirus; 07-19-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVirus View Post
    No problem at all. Good luck

One question though- why do people want to disable AVC outside of sanctioned racing? Why get the receiver/transmitter in the first place? Futaba is a good brand to use if you don't plan on using a gyro system bc of they're superior range and other features
    With the exception of my speed rig I dont own any other AVC or TSM receivers as I want to drive my own rig.
    I bought my DX4S second hand with 3 receivers but none were AVC units.
    As far as why would one turn it off with the exception of a sanctioned race I can only use my son in law as an example.
    He spend some time running AVC messing around with some friends for a while and when it came time to racing again he had lost a lot of his self control over the rc and said it had to take some time to get back on top, for this reason he disabled his for good.
    I ran his losi with it for a bit and cant deny it was fun tho even the short time I was running it when I run a rig I could make dance on my own was clearly harder for me to get the feel of full control again.
    I'm not knocking anyone who desires to use either of the driving aids but I like knowing when I can just about (not quite) hold my own without it against others utilizing it feels good.
    I guess for me doing a nice power slide or other things knowing I'm under full control not a computer chip makes me feel as tho I did something awesome.