RC Racer

Tires coming unglued?

I just took my ERBE out today for the first time in a couple of months. I was pushing it pretty hard on blacktop to make sure my repairs where holding up. One of the tires started ballooning pretty bad and wobbling like crazy. It looks like the glue has come off the bonding a bit (tires/wheels were glued in August of 2014). It is possible to re-glue them as they are, or should I boil/bake the tires off and re-glue all together?

glue it a couple drops of CA glue should do it
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Thank you. I'll give that a try

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    You may want to clean the unglued area with acetone to remove old dried glue, then rinse the area thoroughly with water. Clean bond sites are strong bond sites.
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Racer
    Meh...just use some super glue or ca ...glue her back up good to go! Its probably going to come unglued anyway in the near future . if u are running stockers and running hard...thats brushless power
    Last edited by mike4884; 03-14-2015 at 11:48 PM.

RC Qualifier
    What's this ca glue everyone talks about

RC Racer
    Its really just a different blend of super glue ( cyanoacrylate) there are many different blends some are good for plastics. I think one has rubber mixed in with it. The ca i have used and like is zap. But honestly i have this loc tite super glue i bought from lowes it is the "professional" label and has a thin neck good for tires and never dries out . this stuff has got to be the best ive tried both ca/super glue. I glue my tires and rarely have to check them again awesome super glue

RC Racer
    I think it happened because I was pushing hard on blacktop. I use Dirtbonz tires on Desperados and have beaten them pretty bad

RC Racer
    Hey Mindprey! I just found out you're in the burbank/glendale area. My ERBE will be ready in about a week. Fresh truck. We should meet up and bash a bit

btw I live in glendale
    Last edited by mtb_prodigy; 03-20-2015 at 04:59 AM.