My newest build - 8S XO1

I figured I'd put this up now even tho it is in its infancy. I got an XO1 roller. My plan is to run 8S on the 1717 motor with an XL2 ESC for speed runs. I have ALOT of work to do before it ever sees the asphalt. I've read a lot of the posts about shimming to reduce slop and even someone drilled the steering assembly to insert flanges bearings... I've built a few other custom RCs but this is going to take the most thought and planning. Anyway, I'm glad to join the ranks of XO1'ers!

[IMG][/IMG]
    2650Kv sl4sh 8S Rally erevo 2 sl4sh 4 kids

Looks like you only have another minute or two of work to be done. (lol) I'm just kidding, looks good so far!

^thanks.

One thing I'm unsure of is what tire to go with. I've heard that the stock XO1 tires are not that good on anything other than pristine tarmac. I've had good results with GRP's on my Rallys (80mph). I've seen a few guys using 1/5 scale adaptors with GRP'S or PMT'S on the XO1. My plan is straight line speed for now. Maybe later on after I see what I can get speed WISE I might change directions with it. So, anyone recommend speedrun tires for the XO1?

I don't know. I run the stock wheels on black top. They run well for me, but I do try to lay out my tracks so that I have the same number of turns in each direction. That way my tires where out evenly. If you make speed runs like you do, you don't have to worry about that. I'm not a straight line kind of a guy. I like twisties!

I enjoy the twistes too. I've got a Rally and a street backslash for general racing and bashing.

[IMG][/IMG]

The Rally actually has all XO1 c-hubs, castor blocks, rear bearing carriers, axels, & diffs. Just in case I ever want to put the beans to it...

[IMG][/IMG]

Will the wheels on your yellow buggy fit on a stock XO?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Will the wheels on your yellow buggy fit on a stock XO?
    I was thinking the same thing are they steel belted?

They are belted GRP's. Not sure if it's a steel belt, I doubt it... I know speed run guys are using them on their Rustler, Slash, and other 1/8 builds. The only thing is their overall diameter is fairly smaller... That's why I was thinking of the 1/5 wheel.

Ordered & in route; aluminum drag link, 1/5 wheel adaptors, 1/5 GRPs, & blue 2014 body. XL2 mounting plates are out if stock slowly but surely the parts box is filling up

RC Qualifier
    Hi, how fast is this setup that you have?

Quote Originally Posted by natrix500 View Post
    I enjoy the twistes too. I've got a Rally and a street backslash for general racing and bashing.

[IMG][/IMG]

The Rally actually has all XO1 c-hubs, castor blocks, rear bearing carriers, axels, & diffs. Just in case I ever want to put the beans to it...

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    How much did you pay for that roller?

I figured I'd put this up now even tho it is in its infancy. I got an XO1 roller. My plan is to run 8S on the 1717 motor with an XL2 ESC for speed runs. I have ALOT of work to do before it ever sees the asphalt. I've read a lot of the posts about shimming to reduce slop and even someone drilled the steering assembly to insert flanges bearings... I've built a few other custom RCs but this is going to take the most thought and planning. Anyway, I'm glad to join the ranks of XO1'ers!

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    The XO1 is nothing but joy to build from a roller... I used the Leopard motor with my XL2... she flies...

Nissanguy8, I've only got the run the backslash once so far. 54mph on 3s... The Rally did 53mph on 2S. The XO1 roller was $250.

XO1 MD, I'm looking forward to seeing what the 1717 motor will do on 8s! I think the Kv on it is 1650? What is the Kv on the Leopard motor you're running?

RC Qualifier
    I ve seen some rollers sell for even $220, seems like a great deal if I can find one since it shares many parts with a LCG slash platinum, I wonder if the blue aluminum shock towers would work on the slash platinum LCG?

RC Qualifier
    I think they would.

RC Qualifier

XO1 MD, I'm looking forward to seeing what the 1717 motor will do on 8s! I think the Kv on it is 1650? What is the Kv on the Leopard motor you're running?
    If it is the 5882 Leopard Motor, likely 1360KV, also 8s.

the xo1 towers do fit. I ran them on my backslash previously. The $250 was shipped too.

RC Qualifier
    Nissanguy8, I've only got the run the backslash once so far. 54mph on 3s... The Rally did 53mph on 2S. The XO1 roller was $250.

I am running the Leopard 5882 1360KV Motor/Castle Creations MM XL2 ESC 8mm Shaft setup. I have a build thread somewhere on this forum so have a look. The 8s would void your warranty on the 1717. AM sure it could handle it but trust me... the Leopard on 8s is golden...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 MD View Post
    I am running the Leopard 5882 1360KV Motor/Castle Creations MM XL2 ESC 8mm Shaft setup. I have a build thread somewhere on this forum so have a look. The 8s would void your warranty on the 1717. AM sure it could handle it but trust me... the Leopard on 8s is golden...
    The sound alone from the Leopard 5882 is AMAZING!

Temporally installed. I've got a lot of trimming to do in order to get these massive meats to fit properly. I love the look tho!

[IMG][/IMG]

So I lost interest in this build. My loss your gain. Putting it up in the marketplace this weekend as a roller w/ servo and ALOT of extras. HMU if interested.

So I lost interest in this build. My loss your gain. Putting it up in the marketplace this weekend as a roller w/ servo and ALOT of extras. HMU if interested.
    What Happend bro? You more interested in your backslash road runner?

Quote Originally Posted by RadReptiles831 View Post
    What Happend bro? You more interested in your backslash road runner?
    I bought my youngest son, 6, a sl4sh platinum and this will pay for that. Plus I have a Kyosho gt2ve coming. The Ferrari body just sucked me in... The XL2 and 1717 are going in that.

RC Qualifier
    Where are you listing it for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR View Post
    Where are you listing it for sale?
    It was in the market place... It sold already tho... Smoking deal it was...

Last buyer backed out back up in Traxxas marketplace