Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmogman View Post
    I broke the tip off my 1.5mm MIP hex driver trying to get out a stripped grub screw.

And I did not get it out either, Grrrr.
    I did the exact same thing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4 and Slash VXL owner

Welp I found a locked up bearing around my rear pinion along with the dirt I lost a week ago... haha just kidding

RC Enthusiast
    Not today, but very recently, broke a side bracket on my new RPM bumper...first time out with it. I contacted RPM and got the send the part in and we'll decide if it's warranty. Well, they wanted a padded envelope and tracked shipping so it was $10 bucks to get a piece for a $13 part. I don't think so. The rub is, I bought the low vis wheelie bar and mudflaps so needed the bumper to be functional to use that stuff. I coulda just sent it all back to Amazon for a refund but then my nephew had a spare bracket so I'm back in business with it. I had also ordered two of the wheelie bars on accident so I gave him one. Worked out fine but I did unload all the RPM parts that were in my Amazon cart. Not a real fan of RPM but the parts are cheap and they do have stuff that others don't. I just think the "strict policies" are why they can say "lifetime warranty" and get away with it. I don't think most people bother to even send stuff back when for just a little more they can buy another one. If this one breaks, I'll try to figure out a way to mount the flaps and wheels to a stock or another type of bumper. With RPM, probably should buy two of everything so you have spares.

I found a leaky shock time for a rebuild

I took the truck out to try a tad lower gear ratio. It sounded noisey but I ran it anyways. The noise got louder to the point I couldn't stand it and took it up stairs. I left the motor slightly loose and ruined my new 50t spur.

Put back in the old one and drove the rest of the pack out.
    Slash 4x4 Tekin RX8GenII w/Pro4 4300hd

RC Competitor
    I haven't broken anything. But somehow I think my method of bashing may differ from some on this site. I drive my slash 4x4 on the street, in the grass, sometimes gravel and snow. My truck is three weeks old and looks like it's years older compared to many of the photos I see here. Granted I roll mine a lot. And the one day I drove three batteries worth on fine gravel did a number on my driveshaft. I sure this truck holds up long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Subwarrior View Post
    I haven't broken anything. But somehow I think my method of bashing may differ from some on this site. I drive my slash 4x4 on the street, in the grass, sometimes gravel and snow. My truck is three weeks old and looks like it's years older compared to many of the photos I see here. Granted I roll mine a lot. And the one day I drove three batteries worth on fine gravel did a number on my driveshaft. I sure this truck holds up long term.

Sounds like my truck haha

Blew out another adaptor

RC Competitor
    Dang if I didn't speak too soon. Yesterday I had a solid 25 minute romp. Using a Venom 5000 30S LiPo. The truck slowed to half speed so I swapped batteries out due to low voltage. About seven minutes later as I was turning around in the street, at about a quarter throttle, she just shuts off. No lights. No servo. Natta. Put it on the charger today and charger says battery is full. WHat the heck? So I call the hobbies store that I got the battery from, two weeks ago, and he says he'll swap it out. Except I had my truck detailed last week and I think the kid at the shop threw my receipt away. So now I'm out a battery. I did register all my stuff last weekend. So hopefully Venom takes care of me.

RC Competitor
    My neighbors trash can came out of nowhere n crash into my slash and broke the front A-arm

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    cracked my rotor. About midway through a battery pack . Hit a small rise between my grass and driveway. Cartwheeled the landing. When I hit the throttle to start it jerked like it was cogging. I stopped immediately, shut down and unplugged tried to roll the truck with no power. It still had the same roll part a rotation smooth and catch pattern. I knew it had to be somewhere in the driveline. Took apart the rear assembly to investigate. Everything in the slipper and diff looked and felt OK, tried to turn the motor by itself and felt it feeling seized up. I took off the end bell to find THIS inside.
    I'm going to my LHS tomorrow to see what my options are warranty/ replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I landed a jump today and popped my proline caps off the mounts. It was interesting watching the body and chassis separate.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    Not today, but very recently, broke a side bracket on my new RPM bumper...first time out with it. I contacted RPM and got the send the part in and we'll decide if it's warranty. Well, they wanted a padded envelope and tracked shipping so it was $10 bucks to get a piece for a $13 part. I don't think so. The rub is, I bought the low vis wheelie bar and mudflaps so needed the bumper to be functional to use that stuff. I coulda just sent it all back to Amazon for a refund but then my nephew had a spare bracket so I'm back in business with it. I had also ordered two of the wheelie bars on accident so I gave him one. Worked out fine but I did unload all the RPM parts that were in my Amazon cart. Not a real fan of RPM but the parts are cheap and they do have stuff that others don't. I just think the "strict policies" are why they can say "lifetime warranty" and get away with it. I don't think most people bother to even send stuff back when for just a little more they can buy another one. If this one breaks, I'll try to figure out a way to mount the flaps and wheels to a stock or another type of bumper. With RPM, probably should buy two of everything so you have spares.
    I have sent them a few A arms in the past in a plain white envelope and received a new one about week later. I have done it that way several times.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuGgYbAsHeR.28 View Post
    I have sent them a few A arms in the past in a plain white envelope and received a new one about week later. I have done it that way several times.
    Guess I coulda tried that first. Your right...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ljl23 View Post
    I did the exact same thing lol

Might not have helped in this instance. But a lot of times if you round out a 1.5mm set screw, you can get it out with a 5/64th standard tip

RC Competitor
    Hub bearing. Got a new set coming in the mail, i hope it lasts longer than stock.

RC poster
    I don't know exactly what I broke. Can you guys please help me? We broke an a-arm the other day. I knew what that was and replaced it already. But I don't know if this is an axle or hub or what. Don't laugh too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonian71 View Post
    I don't know exactly what I broke. Can you guys please help me? We broke an a-arm the other day. I knew what that was and replaced it already. But I don't know if this is an axle or hub or what. Don't laugh too hard.

That is a front axle. About $3 plus shipping.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Good work isn't cheap, cheap work isn't good

Nevermind that is 4x4. That is an axle shaft, cvd. More than $3 sorry

RC poster
    Thanks. Sorry I forgot to put in my post that it is a Slash Ultimate 4x4.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FQUMaQod8MgOlA. They have a rebuild kit. But I would recommend replacing they with something stronger

RC Racer
    The bank! I broke the bank!!

Sent from my small worthless flip phone XS-2958137/33785-229540 AT&T LG B470 using text-a-talk
    Last edited by WizardMaster; 04-06-2017 at 08:54 PM.

RC poster
    Ok, doing some research now. Would you guys replace that axle shaft with the plastic/steel stock for $8 or go with the MIP x-duty or he Traxxas all steel version for $49?

RC Racer
    Depends how many times it might break in the future and that might add up to $49 really really quick if replaced at $8 time after time. If I can afford $49 to do it right, I will prefer the more expensive more heavy duty version and it's probably worth it. Why not??

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardMaster View Post
    Depends how many times it might break in the future and that might add up to $49 really really quick if replaced at $8 time after time. If I can afford $49 to do it right, I will prefer the more expensive more heavy duty version and it's probably worth it. Why not??
    Thanks! Any thoughts on the Traxxas steel version vs MIP?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardMaster View Post
    The bank! I broke the bank!!

Sent from my small worthless flip phone XS-2958137/33785-229540 AT&T LG B470 using text-a-talk
    You sir, just won the Internet!

RC Enthusiast
    Broke tie rods in the front, went to LHS problem fixed. Back to skate park and broke drive shaft. Back to hobby store and purchased MIP shafts. Hope they hold up they are 60 bucks.

RC Competitor
    Rear axle. 5 minutes later, front axle.

I had spares...

RC poster
    I'm quoting my own post here. I'm trying to replace this rear axle with the MIPS kit. But I can't figure out how to get that shredded axle screw out of the hub. Do I just have to buy a new aluminum axle hub?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonian71 View Post

Just unscrew the upper turn buckle from the hub carrier and it should swing down and the stub axle will slide right out.

Good luck!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    Thank you brother. That screw/pin had butterfly'd a little when it broke so it wasn't sliding out and I thought I was doing something wrong. Had to take a hammer and a tap it out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Just unscrew the upper turn buckle from the hub carrier and it should swing down and the stub axle will slide right out.

Good luck!

RC Competitor
    both front A Arms.....stupid trees

RC Racer
    Front and rear axle in less than a minute of driving on the 2.8 proline giant tires. I think the rear went first as for the last pass before it died the front tires were ballooning like there was not end in sight. That cost me 6 bucks in parts. Well almost 100 as I took the opportunity to jump up to the MIP.

Money well spent!

RC poster

finally did it

So I had a 3S in my Slash Ultimate and lost signal from the transmitter and plowed into a curb at 50ish mph. I know that I bent the center drive shaft so I've ordered a new Big Bone shaft to replace it.

But I need a little help. I think it hit harder on the left front wheel. The steering was stuck in a circle that direction. I don't *see* anything broken but I haven't taken it all apart. When I use the controller, I can't get any steering action and if I drive to move the wheels manually it seems very difficult to move. Is there something common that I have bent in there? Or is there somewhere I need to look to find out?

Sorry for stupid questions. I'm not a good mechanic. Thanks for any help, Brent

Visually check your steering turnbuckles and rod ends.

If all looks well, then remove the screw holding the steering linkage to the servo horn.

Now check if the steering moves easily without binding.

If binding, take the steering bell crank apart slowly to figure out which part is the culprit.

If not binding, then, while linkage is disconnected, turn the truck on and try steering left and right.
    Does it work/sound fine? You may have broken some internal gears in the crash.

Good luck!

RC poster
    Rear hub, front axle, and rear tire...bad day...

lost a wheel chasing cars then the wheel go ran over

how did you do that lol
    Member of the 100+ post club! Here to mess up!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast