RC Qualifier

New tires and rims.

Just got a brand new set of trenchers remounted from the factory for my emaxx 3903. I notice that at high speeds they start to wobble quite a bit and they balloon? Is this just the way that they are or is there something I can do to get a more stable ride?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well I'm not speaking from experience from Trenchers on an E-maxx but I've run Trenchers on a Rustler and Stampede for some years and I can tell you that the ballooning part is normal. ESPECIALLY with pre-mounted Trenchers and Pro-line's rubber. Traxxas rubber is more hard and less "balloony" but also less grippy. Pro-line uses a softer, more grippier rubber that tends to balloon more. Many choose to buy proline tires un-mounted and tape/glue/balance them their self. Doing those 3 things will prevent your problems.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    What about the wobble. Is that normal. I have them tightened all the way down. Just bought the traxxas 17 mm adapter

RC Qualifier
    The wobble could be from bad glueing or a balance issue with the tire.

RC Qualifier
    I have them tightened all the way down but it still seems like there is some play. When I'm going WOT the truck looks like it's going to go out of control. Lol

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashco View Post
    I have them tightened all the way down but it still seems like there is some play. When I'm going WOT the truck looks like it's going to go out of control. Lol
    They are a tire more geared for off road then speed runs. If you want something stable at speeds then look into a street tire. Or something with a lower profile.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.