RC Racer

Air filter weight?

I have recently noticed a moderate weight saving tip that also increases acceleration. I just wanted to share it with everyone here. Both filters are oiled and ready to be installed.

This picture is the stock filter weighing in at 14.9 grams

This picture is a mugen style filter (I beleive this is an OFNA 1/8 scale filter) weighing in at 7.7g.

I can notice a decent jump in acceleration from a dead stop. I'm pretty sure it doesn't filter the air as much as the stock one, but I'm planning on using a pre-filter (or panty-hose) with it.
    I took it out for a run with stock gearing and a pretty big and heavy gps, and came back with a top speed of...

I can beat that, I'll be back...

Nice. Anyone know how that compares to running a automotive breather type filter?
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

NOT recommended as they are not able to filter the small particles that would ruin our engines.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I have a similar filter on mine, and only use it because I run on pavement only. Any dirty environment will likely present a lot of dust that cant be filtered out and drawn right into the engine.
    2CH3NO2 + CH3OH + 3O2 → 3CO2 + 5H2O + N2 =Jato Fun

Really? Makes sense, Im just saw a bunch of pics on gallery thread of them. Im gonna stick with stock if I can get the plastic filter housing to stop cracking. Or get a good cage/body
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

One other thing to consider: IF your air filter assembly is similar to the way the Revo's is assembled, you may be able to pull off the single stage filter (which appears to be the case with the first pic) and attach the dual stage to the neck; though the dual stage is a little longer and may give fitment issues.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I run those filters on my jato and 1/8 buggy. on road only cleaned and oiled each time out I like them.
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

RC Racer
    Double G what's a good filter? I want something good for my r/c's.

RC Racer
    IMO For longevity, you cant beat the stock filter, when properly maintained.