Thread: Yellow EVX-2 ??

RC Qualifier

Yellow EVX-2 ??

Ok guys An old friend just came home...lol...I got back after many years my old E Maxx.It has EVX yellow ESC. Now for some reason I was running 16.8 volts in this truck.I just looked at the ESC and it says 14.4 volt.I nailed the box top to my shop wall years ago and on the box there is a big yellow sticker over the novak ESC that says new feature EVX 2 ask your hobby dealer for details.I know I must have talked to someone back then but.....Am I ok to run 16.8? And also can I run 2 2s lipo on this ESC? thanks guys.
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Realy...nobody has an answer?...I would really like to run lipo,not stuck on brushless at this point, but would love run time.can I run 2 2s in this 14.4 volt yellow esc? It's a 3906 flat chassis with the traxxas yellow evx not the blue one.

RC Enthusiast
    If you can find 2s 7.2 volt lipos they would work otherwise you have to use 7.2 nimh batteries
    never go above the specified voltage
    Note: the emaxx uses two batteries that are connected in series 7.2 x 2 = 14.4

You won't find a clearcut answer. Experiences range widely with the 14.4V EVX.
    Keep in mind that the maximum voltage from a pair of 7.2V (NOMINAL) NiMH packs is 12 x 1.45V (for great packs), equaling 17.4V.
    Even at 1.4V per cell maximum, you equal the 16.8V maximum of two 2S LiPo packs. A friend has the old orange EVX and now runs 2S LiPos exclusively. The ESC has handled it well. The old motors, not so much due to the longer run-time at higher voltage because the LiPos don't sag so much.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Thanx guys....good food for thought.

RC Qualifier
    You can use two 2s lipos. On the evx2 I've managed to use 6s lipo (even though it's only rated for 4s)