RC Racer

ez peak plus 6 amp fan noise

Hello, picked up a ez peak plus charger 6 amp and I used it about id say 8 nimh battery chargings and the thing is making a weird noise. I notice if I leave it running the noise stops and returns to normal. any ideas what is going on here or should I get ahold of traxxas? ..Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Fan might be going out.

RC Racer
    yeah I hope the heck not I mean I just bought this thing brand new. I think I am going to give them a call about this tomorrow and see what will be done. Thanks

RC Champion
    I usually just tapped my fan till it quit making the noise. Most likely means it is off balance. Or well that's my experience.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Racer
    yeah, I could understand it doing that if it was old or used alot but being brand new? thats messed up. how long did you have yours before it started that?

RC Racer
    It happens to them all. The bearing in the fan makes a funny noise than quits. It shouldn't do it but it does. That's the traxxas bearings for you. If you remove the 4 screws on the bottom of the charger and carefully pry the two halfs apart you will seee the black fan in the top half. Take your 3in1 oil and give it just 1 drop of oil and I guarantee the noise will stop. Repeat every month or so and the charger will last for years to come. I am on year 2 and charge multiple batts daily. Keep the charger on a level surface and out of direct dust and smoke too.

RC Racer
    Thank you! I will do that because im tired of hearing it

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunm81 View Post
    Thank you! I will do that because im tired of hearing it
    I ended up having to do it to my charger last night. Was fairly easy to do and it made the fan run much better and quieter.

RC Racer
    Glad I could help. Waiting for the noise to stop is like waiting for your bearing to seize, and then you have no fan and shortly after you have no charger.