Losing screws on rpm wheelie bar mount

Hi,
    i am new to the forum... i keep losing screws out of my transmission (through the rpm wheelie bar mount), and i can't understand why. the bottom one is the one i am concerned about Please help!

RC Champion
    Lock tight or superglue. Vibration is a nasty little problem with nuts and bolts. Vibration can and will loosen from it. So use locktight or superglue depending on the application. Loctight(blue) if its aluminum and superglue(gel) if plastic.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

Thank you i will have to try that... could i also get a bigger screw?

RC Champion
    Not recommended. Its more trouble then its worth. Ull strip a pre threaded hole, then you would have to re tap the hole which is a real pain with out proper tools
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

Ok.. Thanks. I will try that.
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

After every run, I normally chek for any loose screws, hex nuts, etc. Vibrations ca do so unexpected damage.

Veryfy also if all your drive trains and bearings are not playing up, to cause unwanted or extra vibrations that should not occur under normal circumastances.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Competitor
    Hey guys sorry if this quallifys as jacking this thread but my question is 100% related to problem that the OP has encountered. After I switched to proline powerstrokes on my pede the rear screws that hold the lower part of the shock have been coming out on thier own when the vehilce is in use. I'm currently the RPM rear A arms. If I can't get super glue can I use CA glue instead? Also is CA glue and superglue the same? they both smell the same.
    Even though my question is related to this thread I appologize if this qualifies as jacking the thread.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I hope your not spending ALOT of time checking the smells of both types of glue. Lol

They are essentially the same thing. Superglue just costs more and comes in a smaller tube. I use thin CA glue, better for gluing tires and it still works fine everywhere else.

Very common to have shock mounting screws come loose. 2 things to help. CA glue in the threads will help. Using one of those really thin silver washers between the shock mount and the arm (so the shock pillow balls don't actually touch the arm) can help too. Otherwise you just need to check them. You can also use a different mount hole to take advantage of fresh threads. Taking your shocks on and off can wear the threads in the plastic arm and eventually they just get loose.

RC Competitor
    Before I switched to a different mounting position to see if the screws back out as much as they did before (So far so good. Knock on wood) and to also find which mounting position and spring setup I like most with my new powerstrokes. If the screws back put again I'll try the metal washers. If that doesn't work either then I will try the CA glue. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by smac4th View Post
    Before I switched to a different mounting position to see if the screws back out as much as they did before (So far so good. Knock on wood) and to also find which mounting position and spring setup I like most with my new powerstrokes. If the screws back put again I'll try the metal washers. If that doesn't work either then I will try the CA glue. Thanks for the tip.
    You also have an option of using longer screws and locking them with nylon lock nuts, I did this with the two 2wd pedes I had. Or use the proline kit 6063-05, which I have on my slash 4x4 mt.
    Live life to the fullest

That is not a bad idea... i have used that menthol when my shock dower screws came loose.
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!