RC poster

Telemetry / Voltage sensor with Traxxas ID connector

Hi,

I just purchased Stampede 4x4 VXL that has the new Traxxas ID connector.
    I'm planning to add basic telemetry and already have the Traxxas Link (#6511) and related stuff setup and functioning.
    I've seen plenty of youtube videos that explain how to connect everything inside the car.

Now I would like to add voltage and temp telemetry using parts #6521 (Sensor, temperature and voltage (long)) and #6541 (Power tap connector) (don't have the temp mount part, yet - but don't worry about that).

It seems the power tap connector does not work together (i.e. fit) with the Traxxas ID connector on the car.

Looking at this, it seems Stampede 4x4 VXL "parts list" does not list #6521 nor any replacement part # for getting the voltage telemetry. Also Stampede 4x4 VXL product page only lists power tap #6541.

I would expect Traxxas to have taken this into account some way or another.
    Does anyone know is there a replacement part # - or what is the right solution for this?

Tontz

I don't use the power tap for the voltage sensor. Mine is soldered to the positive esc wire at the connector.

You could always get the legacy connector. Then push the pins out of the iD connector and push them into the legacy one.
    ERBE, Summit, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 GD 4x4

RC poster
    Yeah that would work. Also the power tap connector could even just barely fit in the iD connector if I break the two hook shaped pins, but that would mean breaking up some parts in my brand new car.

I'm just surprised Traxxas didn't take this into account with their Telemetry stuff (or so it seems at least).

RC poster
    I guess my solution will be using adaptor cable #2938 (which I ordered by accident and won't need for anything) and taking the positive wire from the jst balance connector and connecting it to the voltage sense with a short DIY extension.

When I changed from the VXL esc to the ET-3s I just pulled the wire from the connector. To install it on the ET-3s all I did was shove the wire into the connector. It worked just fine.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!