RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet

Question El Sob Special?!

What is the El Sob special, heard many people referring to it but i've never really understood what it is.

The et 2400, which is the traxxas version of the MMP 2400 is the El Sob special.
    El Sob is a membre who has been nominated my Matt175 as the introducer of the combo, its just a beast on the slash 4x4 and pede 4x4 and any other rig for bashers, lots of torque qnd can be geared to the moon or even higher voltage batteries.

I had the MMP 3800, and finally got the 2400 after al the hype, will never look back, geared 18/54 3s 5000Mah on my slash 4x4 MT, erevo diffs and slipper clutch, MIP X duty all arround, traxxas heavy duty motor plate and motor mount etc., all traxxas aluminum carriers and hot racing C hub.
    Last edited by Jezza; 04-14-2015 at 11:29 AM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Yes matts was nice enough to name the motor combination after me. I feel honored and humbled. Here is a picture of mine before I installed it.

Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Yup...

Traxxas ET-3S ESC + Traxxas ET-2400 Motor = El Sob Special

Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Yes matts was nice enough to name the motor combination after me. I feel honored and humbled. Here is a picture of mine before I installed it.

Nice, Is the ESC 4s compatible???

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you re flash it it is. The info is in that thread I linked.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by matts175 View Post
    If you re flash it it is. The info is in that thread I linked.
    Ok thanks, btw what is 're flash' :P
    Last edited by Jelle318; 04-14-2015 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Made mistake

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Again.... The info is in the thread .... With a link to another thread that shows how to re flash step by step.
    Last edited by matts175; 04-14-2015 at 03:59 PM.

RC Competitor
    Mines from the drag car, and the can is green. I know its the 2400kv, and its a freak show with 3s and buggy badlands.

RC Racer
    Just put it in my Rustrler last week. tons of torque, and I have it geard down to a 1:8 ratio. Looking to reflash it here soon in order to run 4S

Quote Originally Posted by Mlevek13b View Post
    Mines from the drag car, and the can is green. I know its the 2400kv, and its a freak show with 3s and buggy badlands.
    Yest that is the castle creations one, the blue one is traxxas verison made by castle itself.
    Live life to the fullest

Quote Originally Posted by Mlevek13b View Post
    The early model Funny Car had the green can. The newer models have the blue can. I remember seeing the motor system for the first time. I had to have one. Look at me now

i can't freakin wait to get mine. 2s has been great to warm up the driving skills but i've been looking forward to 3s speed and power.

RC Qualifier
    What are the best wheel/tire combos for the MT and which body?
    slash 4x4

Everyone will give you a different answer!

Here's what I have:

Body
    JConcepts Illusion-BAJR

Off-Road Wheel / Tire
    Proline F-11 2.8" 17mm / Proline2.8" Trencher

On-Road Wheel / Tire
    Proline F-11 2.8" 17mm / JConcepts 2.8" G-Loc

Alternate Body
    Kirkland (Costco) Water Bottle

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...354-WarBAJR-II
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    Reviving old thread here...but is the Velineon 540xl from the HOSS the same thing? It's a 70mm can , but I can't find much about stats on it. It doesn't look like a Castle creation or clone.

I picked up a couple cheap 540XLs I wanted to use to upgrade a couple of Slash 4x4 Ultimate's. if the 3 VXLs will push it okay. Or do I need to look at the Castle 1514 mmx combo. Hate to spend that much $$, but is what it is.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimiStick View Post
    Reviving old thread here...but is the Velineon 540xl from the HOSS the same thing? It's a 70mm can , but I can't find much about stats on it. It doesn't look like a Castle creation or clone.

I picked up a couple cheap 540XLs I wanted to use to upgrade a couple of Slash 4x4 Ultimate's. if the 3 VXLs will push it okay. Or do I need to look at the Castle 1514 mmx combo. Hate to spend that much $$, but is what it is.
    My understanding is that the VXL-3s will push it, but you have to have the HOSS version that allows for the bigger motor wires. You can also use the MAXX version that is 4s. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by halygon View Post
    My understanding is that the VXL-3s will push it, but you have to have the HOSS version that allows for the bigger motor wires. You can also use the MAXX version that is 4s. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    That is correct, the Hoss esc has bigger wires that the Slash/Rustler esc. I just put a 540xl in my Rustler and had to run the Hoss esc.

Rustler 4x4 VXL
    Rustler 4x4
    If it ain't broke, you're not trying!

RC poster
    You can use any vxl3s ESC with the 2400kv motor just need to get motor wire adapters or solder on new bullets if you don’t have the “Hoss” version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran a 2400 with the VXL esc but that was back when the Funny Car 2400 was readily available as it had the same size connectors. Quick search on ebay shows a few of those motors still out there but people are kinda proud of them(if ya know what I mean) I still have mine in stock for future use(no it's not for sale..lol), might end up in my 2wd Rustler
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC poster
    Ah. I didn't realize the used different sized connectors on the VXL3s. I can change those out then.

Is the Velineon 540xl for the HOSS the same as the old castle /clone - or same output? I picked up a new TRA3461 its says its out of HOSS.

Thanks guys!

Wow! This is an oldie but goodie. I guess technically the Traxxas Hoss does have a version of the El Sob special motor system. I also ran the Traxxas Funny Car motor with a Velineon esc. My daughter still has the O.G. El Sob special in her Slash 4x4

RC poster
    Hah...both of mine are about to get them. They've been shelved for in favor of newer members of the family. Maybe this will get them some more burn time.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSDart340 View Post
    That is correct, the Hoss esc has bigger wires that the Slash/Rustler esc. I just put a 540xl in my Rustler and had to run the Hoss esc.

Rustler 4x4 VXL

Funny thing I just purchased a el sob combo and was wondering the same thing about the 540xl, How does it perform compared to the et2400 ?
    SlashUltimate/Slash4x4/Merv/SlayerPro