Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New E-Revo!

New E-Revo!

Hey guys. maybe some of you on here remember me from the alley, stampede 4x4 and slash 4x4 section on this forum. Im happy to say that im back in this money sucker hobby! (Sayed in a good way) lol. I just purchased a e revo roller for 200$ that has alu. pushrods all around and rpm a arms all around except rear lower arms which are stock because seller didnt like them. It includes the two stock servos, body and wheels in good shape. Wheels where painted green and loosing paint but im going to sand em down and paint them black chrome. I got the mxl-6s esc from my slash 4xr that im slaping in there with a tracxas funny car motor for now. Gonna buy a 2200 soon. Gona run on 4s as it is the only battery i have right now and i researched around and found seceral threads that 4s is a good starting point before breaking stuff. I have been into the hobby for a while and know what to take care off lol. I would like to know what gearing i should run with the traxxas funny car 2400kv 4pole motor with mxl. And what upgrades should i make apart from the ones that are on. I have 120 budget for upgrades(motor already bought). Thanks guys. Ill leave ya some pictures so u can see it. Im so excited ! (seller pictures)

Last edited by traxxasvxlbasher; 04-17-2015 at 06:02 AM.
    | Slash 4x4 | Stampede 4x4 | E-Revo BL | RPM |

Great so you have joined in the erebe too.

I have never though that the 2400 will be a capabale motor so would not test it out on a 10lbs/4.5kg machine.
    How ever I have geared mine 18/58 on both a 2000kv and 2200 kv motor.

I like the revo platfforms so much that now I have two erebe and building two 3.3, keeping the slash 4x4 MT but got rid of two 2wd pedes.

You will love this monster , its another beast....eventually if you are going to stay on 6s, have a look at the lst xxl2 diff mods. I have not gone to that option though I have the parts, as I have not damaged any diffs nor stock arms.

Infact on this truck I have spent less then any other from breakage,s so I am pampering my basher...though nothing ever breaks.

Have fun, if I were you wait just a litlle for the 2200, not sure if the 2400 will be able to shine on her.

ps By the way the pics are not visible. (maybe I got a problem on my comp)
    Last edited by Jezza; 04-17-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Great so you have joined in the erebe too.

I have never though that the 2400 will be a capabale motor so would not test it out on a 10lbs/4.5kg machine.
    How ever I have geared mine 18/58 on both a 2000kv and 2200 kv motor.

I like the revo platfforms so much that now I have two erebe and building two 3.3, keeping the slash 4x4 MT but got rid of two 2wd pedes.

You will love this beast , its another beast....eventually if you are going to stay on 6s, have a look at the lst xxl2 diff mods. I have not gone to that option though I have the parts, as I have not damaged any diffs nor stock arms.

Infact on this truck I have spent less then any other froms breakage, so I am papmpering my basher...hough nothing ever breaks.

Have fun, if I were you wait just a litlle for the 2200, not sure if the 2400 will be able to shine on her.

ps By the way the pics are not visible. (maybe I got a problem on my comp)
    thanks for the info Jezza! yup, i finally koined the erbe club, i wnated to do so for a long time.

the old owner ranned the 1/10 old 2 pole version velineon system in it. i think the 2400 will do pretty good for a month lol. i will just keep the gearing low.

i have sold 2 velineon systems and a couple of parts only to get this monster. i was waiting for an offer like this for a long time. im now selling my rally 4x4 roller that i have to get some upgrades to it. 2 bodies (1 basher and 1 show body) a pair of new tires and keep some extra money for what breaks on it

you infact were the one that attraacted me to the erbe's. i remember saying something on ur thread on the slash 4x4 MT that ur erbe was so hard to destroy or something like that lol. since then ive been looking foward to where i am now.

Ok, ill try and upload them to photobucket

That a nice steal, you got all rpm arms all around and the traxxas 5338r as well as 5318x....love the green theme, I guess I am not the only one who scored a nice roller.

I got mine last year as you know, with the integy roll cage, tq 2.4 gh radio, servos rx and body in the original box delivered at the same price as yours.

I have since changed the servos to monster futaba servo s9157, single strc servo arm and smc servo horn, traxxas cvd centre, front and rear and all the traxxas red aluminum like yours but this weekend I will be puting the steel velocity to one revo and finally installing the MIP spline I got in the box for a long while.

From the picture, I see you have teh erevo motor plate, for dual motors, youmay eventually get the 5690x and the cover 5677x, how ever this will do , only thing is on my erevo smae set up, I could not mesh a 18 pinion with a 54 spur properly so put a 21 or 22 for now, with the erebe and those mounts that came with it I am good....but now I got a 60t robisons clutch and gear system.
    Live life to the fullest

Thanks Jezza. i currently have the mxl-6s esc with 2400kv motor and a 1/8 150a aftermarket esc and 2650kv 1/8 motor (big 2200 can), which of these are best to run in it for 1-2 weeks until i get the 2200? and as for upgrades i goes, im thinking of going summit driveshaft, are they good?
    Well, i got it in yesterday! its in better condition than i thought it would be. On his crappy pictures it looks terrible lol. looks like my iphone 6+ takes better pictures xD. Im already taking it appart and cleaning it. diffs are good except from one that looks like a teeth is a bit worn out so when ever it makes a turn with pinion gear, its sounds crunchy but works, i'm gona order some replacements now so i dont have to wait 1-2 week shipping for parts. Well, im gona leave you with some pictures later today if i got the time to upload, but here are two

THIS THING IS HUGE!
    Last edited by traxxasvxlbasher; 04-23-2015 at 03:07 AM.

mod, pls delete this post

Alright, so i got everything cleaned up, regreased everything, dyed the grey parts and boiled the bulkheads so they have a bit more flex to them IMO. it took me more than a day to do this lol. its pretty big to work on in such a small table. i transfered the mxl-6s and the 2400 motor over. need the motor mount to come in today so i can take it for its first run!
    i see the problem with the servos... they are crab... im gonna upgrade to a single savox waterproff servo soon. well, i didnt take so many pictures but here is some:

All nasty chassis

cleaned up and ready to be dyed!

Finish dying.

Work space :P

FINISH PRODUCT! (sorry for the mess in background lol)

Gona take some better shots in the weekend, maybe a video will drop too. now im painting rims blue with a black back up. looking good

She looks sparkling as new. Nice deying job.

Looks like you got long travel rockers already. You would beleive it but I saw a video of a person running 5700 motor on a 1/10 erevo
    Last edited by Jezza; 04-24-2015 at 06:00 AM.
    Live life to the fullest

Well, i got the missing part! running it with 2400 until i can afford the 2200

Got a donation from a good friend of mine. 5632 chassis brace! Looks so good on the truck. Im sure it will help out alot. I just got a summer job from june to juli, 1 month (im 15). There i will be able to buy like two new stock e revo brushless, around 1500 USD $. Im thinking of:
    GPM single aluminum servo saver
    Savox single waterproof servo.
    GPM aluminum shock mounts f & r
    MIP all around
    Traxxas centre alu shafts
    Proline 3345-00 ford raptor svt
    Proline trenchers
    Rpm front axle carriers
    New rpm true track
    2x2s lipo MaxAmps
    Wheelie bar
    Dusty motors shroud
    The toyz front chassis brace
    Losi diff mod f & r
    And more rpm i guess lol

Well well well... Been over a year now... this truck has just been sitting there on the shelf... I just want to tell you that im back into the hobby. i already posted my return and situation on the slash 4x4 forum on my thread. but i just wanted to update you here.

Im ordering the sidewinder 8 NOW ( i know i told like 3 times a year ago i was going to get one but i took a break from the hobby lol) and im putting the 2200kv motor from the sidewinder in the erbe with the mxl-6s and keeping the 2400kv funny car motor on the slash with the sidewinder esc.

As for upgrades, i got a summer job for July to earn some money. I will probably buy for sure a body and some new tires aswell as a servo but i need your help as to what else to upgrade on it.

Well i was out today having some fun with the only 2s lipo i had that was not dead so i took some pictures and did a small video while i was at it.
    PS: its hard to film and drive at the same time so sorry for any blurriness and movement

Well well well... Got this in today! Now i need to buy some LiPo's. My problem is of course is that i cant buy SPC or SMC or any good LiPo here in Europe. I was thinking of there lipos tho, what do you think?

Also, for tires what should i get? I found out that pro-line doesnt sell their trencher X which were the ones that i wanted to get without rims and unglued. I want to glue them my self and use gorilla tape to tape the inside so they dont ballon. What tires do you recommend me for all around tires that are unglued without rims?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by traxxasvxlbasher; 06-30-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Looks great! Get badlands, my trenchers are huge and it's hard for the erbe to handle it.
    Aww, SNAP. You crashed into the curb at 100mph.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobPlayer03 View Post
    Looks great! Get badlands, my trenchers are huge and it's hard for the erbe to handle it.
    I think the badlands are too small . I found the duratrax lockup, which looks pretty nice, but im not 100% sure yet, more recomendations would be great!

RC Racer
    +1 on the Badlands. They are not small and they are light on the drive system.
    Very good off road tire for the ERBE

The thread is going to be paused for 1 month with maybe some updates in btw. On holiday now working, but i have 2 LHS so maybe ill be buying stuff along the way

ok so i bought 4 3s batteries 5500mah 35c continuos and 65c burst. ill upadte you in august since im on holidays..

http://www.ebay.es/itm/391459724113?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Last edited by traxxasvxlbasher; 07-12-2016 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Add Link

went shopping a bit today... got some spare parts aswell as Pro-Line Trencher X unmounted, found them in stock at a online shop in England. Enought talking, here is a list lol

-New Trencher X
    -Used (but very very good condition) Road Rage on Axial beadlocks, 8 hole version.
    -Axial Beadlock 8 Spoke for the the trencher x
    -Pro-Line Ford Raptor svt f-150
    -Action Camera, very very good copy of the gopro 4, FireFly6s
    -Lipo checker
    -New XT-150 connectors
    -and some more various stuff

will be updating you with pictures when i get back! (30 July :P)

RC Racer
    Trenchers are gonna require a lot of self control with the trigger finger on that setup. Looking great otherwise!!

Quote Originally Posted by wretep View Post
    Trenchers are gonna require a lot of self control with the trigger finger on that setup. Looking great otherwise!!
    yes, i was surprised when i got the trencher x, they are enormous! i thought the maxx tires i had where big, but these trencher x are no joke haha.

finally got time to trim the body and paint it. as you know i got the proline 3345-00 ford raptor body (not a ford fanboy, just like the looks lol). got some shoe goo in the mail since i cant get shoe goo in my local shop like in the US
    i also got a order with the batteries i bought, well, they are baaad... came super unbalanced and one of them was just dead with one cell at 1.69V so i bought some 2x 2s lipo which are good. im still caliming waranty for the others, just need to whait... another order i had when i came from holidays, contained some spare parts like wing mount, rockers, shocks, springs etc etc... i needed new body posts because they were totally scratched off from the previous owner.
    i bought the axial beadlock thinking it would fit the trencher x, but, the axial beadlock only accepts 40 series bead and i bought the trencher x with traxxas bead, what a bummer... bought some desperado 3.8, taped the tires inside and glued them together. really love how the turck looks now instead of that ugly green body and ugly wheels lol
    here are some pics

trimming finished, test fiting

holes drilled and finished trimming

hmmm, the smell of paint, love it lol!

and... its finished! gotta put some decals on it.

couple of hours later, i began reinforcing the body.

while i was waiting for the shoe goo to fry and cure for the day, i glued the tires.

i ofcourse taped the inside with gorilla tape to prevent balloning... hate it.

gluing process

all done!

day after, yestesrday infact, i ran the truck. yes, i let the tires cure for 1 day. i let the body cure for 2 days since it was still soft. so here is a short bash video i made:

but ofcourse... i had to do a photo sesion with the truck looking clean before taking it out. sooo... here they are!
    Last edited by traxxasvxlbasher; 08-14-2016 at 04:24 PM.

SREET SETUP

OFFROAD SETUP

I originally ordered 2 pairs of rear rpm a-arms to get them rear bottom arms rpm. i also got a lipo cell checker. i was using a voltmeter to read the voltage of the cells, what a night mare.. this is so easy now with the lipo checker. i tried out some new glue i never used before. only used proline and aka glue. this glue is OK but cracks easily... anyway, about the rpm a-arms, the shop only had one in stock, so they refunded me one pair and only shipped me one. im thinking of doing a big order from tower... who knows lol.

this is the paint i used. really good i think. its very flexible and soft.

this is my battery collection as of now. never had this many batteries beofre in my life haha.

i also got a question... i was out running the truck a week ago with the street setup. the car was pulling to the left when mid-hard acceleration, what can this be? im trying to upload a video now but my internet is super slow. i will post it when uploaded. trimming and tyre alignment is perfect so dont know what else it can be.. any clue?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
    Why on earth did you go out bashing your car without a body on it!?!?!?
    Because i just needed to get the truck running! I could not wait another day without running it! Also i have runned my trucks many times without body, never had a problem. Infact, its been a ++ since i get more airflow to cool down electronics

RC Racer
    I really like this build a+ job so far. I also like the axial beadlocks.
    Traxxas E-Revo,Traxxas Rustler VXL,Traxxas T-Maxx

New E-Revo!

Quote Originally Posted by SandSlinger View Post
    I really like this build a+ job so far. I also like the axial beadlocks.
    Thanks! Doing my best to get this truck bulletproof and good looking and so far, i think i have acomplished the good looking part lol. Now i need more upgrades so you can come with any sugestion as far to get this bulletproof. For driveshafts i dont know, im very lost. Thinking of MiP but i read that people loose their 17mm adapters because they dont fit properly. Another thing i was thinking, were the summit axles but i dont know, they are almost the same $$$ as MIP. I dont know about the traxxas cvd's... Seems very britle.. Looks like they will bend with a crash with the flexible rpm a arms i have.. So if i can get some help, i will really apreciate it!
    I gotta upload a picture of the truck dirty :P

So i ordered a dusty motors shroud, and a order fron jennys rc with some spares etc. Got a new chasis since this one is old now and have some small cracks here and there and the battery compratiments keep opening when i hit something underneath. Planing on getting a savox servo or anithing else, because lets admit it, anything is better than those 2075 haha also bulkheads steering blocks... Etc. When this erevo gets to the point where i want it to be, ill haunt for a emaxx or rally. Gotta whait a week for the shroud and yhe lrder from jennys rc

New E-Revo!

okay... so bought the rc stainless steel screwz kit, the other set of rpm a-arms and two antenna tubes. i dont have any spare. now the part i most hate... the wait... 1-4 weeks of boringness lol. its gonna be worth it at the end, atleast i hope so hahaha.

Well, ebay sent me a email with a offer... 35 buks for one set of mip driveshafts. Could not let it go so i bought it. Now i need one set more :P probably going to order one now from tower... Dont know

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

New E-Revo!

Well, its much easier for me just to post a screen shot of what i buy of ebay cause i buy so much lol.

Also received the order from JRC. International shipping with JRC is so fast. Less than a week! And with standard shipping.

New E-Revo!

This was everything i ordered from JRC

This is what i won on a ebay auction i ramdomly bid on lol. I didnt even know i had bid on this until i got a email telling me i won the item haha. More to come... I will dye the chasis and some more parts i have laying around. I will update with more pics when i get stuff, i know you like to scroll down and see all the pics

RC Champion
    Be careful with the RC Screwz stainless screws.. most of the 2mm screws don't havr proper hex fitting, so they strip really easily.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
    Be careful with the RC Screwz stainless screws.. most of the 2mm screws don't havr proper hex fitting, so they strip really easily.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the quotation there . I already have RC Screwz on my slash. I have only striped one screw and that was my fault. I was trying to take a 2.0mm with a 1.9mm... Also, i have been using the screwz with lets say, "bad" tools. They were just some from my local hardware store, unbranded and still never striped a stainless steel screw. Dont know how people can strip them, i have always wondered how because i never.
    And now with the MIP tools i got (1.5 and 2.5 handdle wrench to come soon) i will defenetly say i will never strip one lol.

Got some goodies in the mail today. Probably getting the towerhobbies order tomorrow or i hope so. I also got a mamba monster mxl-6s in the mail today, guess were that is going? New build incoming? For now, here are some pics.

Took it apart to do some maintenance and install the stainless steel screw kit and rpm aarms etc.

Here are the parts

Some more parts arrived. Another shoe goo bottle for my slash, rc screwz, the other set of rpm arms and two antenna tubes. As for the big bore shocks for a emaxx..... Yeah, you can guess what is happening . Im only missing diff fluid which arrives tomorrow or past tomorrow also the servos from rcmart which im hopping to get this week or early next week.

RC Racer
    Wow alot of nice parts collection you got going. Keep the updates coming
    Traxxas E-Revo,Traxxas Rustler VXL,Traxxas T-Maxx

Quite some time since i posted. Been quite busy lately (still am with uni exams) but i thought i should post a update since i got the time today. I have a new idea for this truck. I want to make it a road/speed truck. Was thinking about getting it at 90-100mph. To start with, i lowered the truck so it sits 1cm from the ground. I also put new and thicker diff oil in the diffs. Heavier shock oil aswell. I have a Power HD servo laying around but i dont know if to put that into my erevo or summit . I really want to keep the truck look of it so im keeping this body on.

Now i only need proper tyres. Was looking at the GRP 1/5 scale wheels but they have a square hub so i dont know how to fit them on. If anyone knows how to, please let me know.

Here are some pics when i lowered the truck:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast