RC poster

EZ-Peak plus 6 amp (2933) or two ID (2970) chargers

I just got a e-revo brushless yesterday and also got an ex-peak plus 6 amp charger. I'm going to order 2 traxxas 5000mah lipo batteries. Should I buy two of the ID battery (#2970) chargers and return the 6 amp charger? Or just buy the adapter that will let me charge both lipo batteries at the same time on the 6amp charger? Which charger will charger faster?

RC poster
    So after more research it appears that the 6 amp charger is not compatible with the new traxxas batteries. I believe I will need to get 2 of the "ID" peak chargers and take the 6 amp back to the store.

Adapter You can use this to charge them on the ez peak 6 amp
    ERBE, Summit, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 GD 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    I had the 2970 and replaced it for a 2933, which I should have gotten in the first place. I returned the 2970 to my local hobby shop twice for faulty fans and decided not to try out a 3rd one. I decided to pay the extra for a 2933. Ironically, I've read about 2933 fan problems on here as well. That aside, the 2933 is more than double the charger that that 2790 is in my opinion. It can discharge batteries, run off of dc, has double the power rating (80W vs 40W) and seem much more solid quality wise. Plus you get a status screen.

If 2 2970's will cost you less than the 2933 it might make sense, but here in Canada the 2933 only cost me 20 bucks more than the 2970. But if you would like to us ID batteries, you will need the adapter that Strykeviper point you to.

RC poster
    Thanks for the help. I already ordered two of the 2970 chargers yesterday. I guess I'll see which one I like the best. Wish I would have known about those adapters to start with!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You need to return or sell those 2970 chargers. ESPECIALLY since the fact you got the E-Revo that uses 2 batteries. With the Traxxas 2917 dual charging adapater you could charge both of your batteries at the same time using the Ez Peak Plus. I'ts going to take a while for them 5000mah batteries to charge with the 2970 charger since it can only charge up to 4amps.

http://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-2917-C.../dp/B007KMQAE6
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC poster
    I was about to buy the adapter for the 2933 charger and the ID battery adapters that will charge both lipo batteries at the same time but I was reading that is is quicker to charge them separately with it. Plus I would have to buy two adapter plugs. That's about 30-40 more dollars just to be able to charge both batteries at the same time. Is this correct??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Honestly you don't need the Id connector adapter. All you need is the 2917 dual charger adapter $20. with the 2933 charger $75 on ebay, and you're set. It will charge both batteries in 60-75 minutes. I do it all the time and have the SPC 2s 5000mah batteries. That's all you would of spent from the jump.
    We are all one race. The human race.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Honestly you don't need the Id connector adapter. All you need is the 2917 dual charger adapter $20. with the 2933 charger $75 on ebay, and you're set. It will charge both batteries in 60-75 minutes. I do it all the time and have the SPC 2s 5000mah batteries. That's all you would of spent from the jump.
    He still would need 2 ID to std traxxas/balancing adapter with the 2917 dual charge adapter for the balancing connection if he has ID batteries

RC poster
    Thanks again for all the help. Since I'm still new this all this, I'm going to stick with the two ID 2970 chargers for now. They charged the two brand new 2872X lipo batteries in about 1 hour 15 minutes. I understand the other charger might charge faster though. The 2933 has starting having fan issues after 3 uses charging the e-revo stock nimh batteries so it will being going back for a refund regardless.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by planters49 View Post
    Thanks again for all the help. Since I'm still new this all this, I'm going to stick with the two ID 2970 chargers for now. They charged the two brand new 2872X lipo batteries in about 1 hour 15 minutes. I understand the other charger might charge faster though. The 2933 has starting having fan issues after 3 uses charging the e-revo stock nimh batteries so it will being going back for a refund regardless.
    Fan issues were exactly the reason that I got fed up with the 2 2970's that I had. My 2933 has been great so far.