RC poster

Dedicated telemetry section?

Maybe I'm missing it, but it would be great if there were a section dedicated to adding the telemetry function to your traxxas models. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure things out from scratch and it has not been easy. Most of the devices do not have instructions that get into details, and the support people have been great, but we would not have to bother them on the phone if there were a knowledge base for telemetry. For example, I have a Teluride and ordered the TQ and expander, and I open the box and here's the new receiver and I have no idea where to start. Some of you may laugh, but remember some of us truly are new to this. The support guy says to me rather matter-of-factly "teluride is the same as stampede"
    Great, but how am I supposed to know? Nowhere is there info about what to do with the transmitter, no documentation anywhere and I looked for a long time trying to help myself before calling tech support.
    I did get it all working but it would be nice if there had been a topic from someone with a Teluride that has done this and posted details.
    Don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum View Post
    Maybe I'm missing it, but it would be great if there were a section dedicated to adding the telemetry function to your traxxas models. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure things out from scratch and it has not been easy. Most of the devices do not have instructions that get into details, and the support people have been great, but we would not have to bother them on the phone if there were a knowledge base for telemetry. For example, I have a Teluride and ordered the TQ and expander, and I open the box and here's the new receiver and I have no idea where to start. Some of you may laugh, but remember some of us truly are new to this. The support guy says to me rather matter-of-factly "teluride is the same as stampede"
    Great, but how am I supposed to know? Nowhere is there info about what to do with the transmitter, no documentation anywhere and I looked for a long time trying to help myself before calling tech support.
    I did get it all working but it would be nice if there had been a topic from someone with a Teluride that has done this and posted details.
    Don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, just a suggestion.
    Start with the link below, scroll all the way down to find the product you
    want instructions for and click on it. Let us know if it's what your looking
    for.>>Telemetry
    Last edited by Rich2; 04-20-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    Start with the link below, scroll all the way down to find the product you
    want instructions for and click on it. Let us know if it's what your looking
    for.>>Telemetry
    Here's a link for the expander it's self.>>Expander

RC Qualifier
    I agree with a dedicated Telemetry section on the forums, also an Esc/electric motor section.

I would also think it would benefit the forums to have the "Traxxas Slash" forum renamed to "Slash 2wd" as a lot of the new 4x4 guys think it is a general slash section and don't bother to look two sections down for the Slash 4x4 section. This would save quite a bit of unnecessary moderating.
    40+ RC's, 4 = Traxxas. Doing this since the 80's.