RC poster

Weird vibration/noise

hello, so today I was doing my spring tune up after the long winter. During the winter I change my whole drive train to the 3/16 KR parts. everything was changed in the drive train and is all brand new. So when I was testing the boat today I noticed that it would make a very loud noise when I gave it a burst of speed or when trying to go 1/2 plus. if I slowly gave it gas it would not make the noise until about 2/3 throttle. The flex is greased and all the screws/nuts related to the drive train are tight. the noise appears to be coming from the middle to back section. The strut is at the zero position( had tried other angles, no good). the rear area where the brass tube goes through the hull is not warm but did not check under power tray. the flex cable looks fine and no wear can be seen but I did not run it very long when it started to make the noise. The noise is like a deeper grinding/rubbing almost like gears not meshing/striped.

If needed I can add pictures.

thanks, Lachlan

RC Racer
    If it was mine I would put the factory driveline back in quick and see if it is still making the noise. That would be the easiest way to determine if it is your new driveline components or not.

Flex cable all the way into the motor/coupler - wondering if there is slack where it could 'skip-rope a little at the transom and strut? It is installed all the way?
    Disclaimer: I am new to boating

If you have a metal prop, put a stock plastic prop on...you may have a bad prop. If that's good, I second what MxKid suggests.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC poster
    @MxKid- I will try that, I'm just not sure what part of the new drive system is broken/tuning is needed. When you say "factory driveline" do you mean completely change out the strut and everything or just the flex.

@jeteffect- from what I can tell the flex has no slack and seems to be working good

@ReglarGuy- I'm currently using a plastic prop, this proper however is the one that is made for the Villain. I found that i gave more speed as it is much bigger then the other prop and my system can handle it XD

RC Racer
    Yes I would put the stock cable/strut back on, and the stock flex cable collet if you installed a upgraded one. That will be the easiest way to determine where it is coming from. You definitely could just try putting your stock cable in and try that.

P.S. Are you running a nylon liner in the stuffing tube?

RC poster
    @ mxkid261- from what i can see the the stuffing tube is teflon lined, at least that what is says at KinetecRacing. And yes i have an upgraded collet. Also when I added the bend to the new (3/16) stuffing tube I did my best to match the bend on the old one, but would the bend not being right cause this problem? on the weekend I going to do some more trouble shooting and see what happens.

wish me luck XD, Lachlan