Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    hmmmm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fumi-Aluminu...item1e9207a3dd

well these wont work with the pivot ball being the way they are. disregard.
    Last edited by G-Rustler; 04-24-2015 at 08:41 PM.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
    Mudbug85603, if you are interested, dual steering bell cranks will help strengthen and stabilize your steering. I found that dual bell cranks made my steering more positive and responsive. Very little mod work needed. Check out pics below: URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/maxxtwins/media/100_5644_zps7wkuab8c.jpg.html][/URL
    Can the linkage between the servos be eliminated when using dual bell cranks? It would seem that removing that linkage would prevent wear on the servos caused by the servos "fighting" each other.
    Proud member of the red card club.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy42 View Post
    Can the linkage between the servos be eliminated when using dual bell cranks? It would seem that removing that linkage would prevent wear on the servos caused by the servos "fighting" each other.
    I would think that the linkage would still be need to help stabilize(for lack of a better term) the movement of both sides....Like one servo being a little stronger or slightly misaligned, if you get what I mean

RC Qualifier
    The only 4mm reverse threaded that I could find at RC4WD is a bent....both need to be straight

Well Mudbug85603, I trust you find those rod ends. Maybe, there is some mod work you can do or have done. Check to see if there are some machine shops in your area. I have not had to consult any shops so far -only because I have always found my parts online. However, I have researched machine shops in my area that work aluminum just in case I need one. Check out G-Rustler's link at the top of the thread.
    Last edited by maximum; 04-25-2015 at 10:23 AM.

grumpy42: I have not had the problem with the servos fighting against one another unless I took them apart for rebuild or upgrades. I have been able to tune the linkage until both servos are quite when steering is in the neutral position. Maybe it's just me. I like tinkering until things are working correctly. For me it a relaxing hobby.

RC Qualifier
    Well Mudbug85603, I trust you find those rod ends. Maybe, there is some mod work you can do or have done. Check to see if there are some machine shops in your area. I have not had to consult any shops so far -only because I have always found my parts online. However, I have researched machine shops in my area that work aluminum just in case I need one. Check out G-Rustler's link at the top of the thread.
    No doubt I will....patience will provide.... There are so many other projects bit's and piece's I need to round up and install before it comes to the point of being able to run her again. No worries...........

So, what does your project look like so far? Do you have any pics of it?

RC Qualifier
    So, what does your project look like so far? Do you have any pics of it?
    Check out my thread....Wrecked it last weekend.... So it's going through a brushless conversion and the few parts that hadn't been upgraded yet.
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...-My-39036-Maxx

Sorry to hear about that. Truck looked good. What are you having to replace? If the list is too long don't worry about the response. I do not want to add more pain to the rebuild/replacement process. I know how that feels.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry to hear about that. Truck looked good. What are you having to replace? If the list is too long don't worry about the response. I do not want to add more pain to the rebuild/replacement process. I know how that feels.
    3 bent hinge pins, both shock towers, one tie rod, and the body is trashed, so not so bad. The plastic tie rod ends keep popping off the pivot balls and the steering linkage is wore out. Doing a brushless conversion, a tranny upgrade, diff upgrade, steering upgrades, and sure there is something else I have forgotten.

With bashing, you will either bend it or brake it. Have fun with the rebuild or "practically" replacement. The good thing about the process is gained knowledge.
    Last edited by maximum; 04-25-2015 at 12:44 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Dang..Yea I wouldn't mind grabbing a set myself. Let me know if you find them.
    G-R
    Just backordered a set of those titanium turnbuckles through Integy....... http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...6#.VUSxQpMTCao

They will charge you $7.21 to put them on backorder and ship them on a first come basis. Then charge the balance to your credit card when they ship. SO what it amounts to is your paying the shipping up front to get put on the backorder list.

mudbu85603: I'm glad that works for you. I have found that this time of year Integy is out of stock on products because of the warmer months when RC season really kicks-off. Kind of like going to my local hobby shop - a lot of items are on order this time of year. Also I've heard in the past that customer service was an issue - never had any problems. Let me know when those rods are delivered. Thanks for the update!
    Last edited by maximum; 05-04-2015 at 06:41 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug85603 View Post
    G-R
    Just backordered a set of those titanium turnbuckles through Integy....... http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...6#.VUSxQpMTCao

They will charge you $7.21 to put them on backorder and ship them on a first come basis. Then charge the balance to your credit card when they ship. SO what it amounts to is your paying the shipping up front to get put on the backorder list.
    oh cool! I'll wait a bit before decide to backorder them. Hopefully they restock them quick.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to try this https://youtu.be/5PaPE5d-NvU

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris01 View Post
    I'm going to try this https://youtu.be/5PaPE5d-NvU
    Might I suggest http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=296 Basically the same thing except waterproof. Just installed this in my truck and seems to work well.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Well - after more research I have decided on the ESC! Team Orion for one of my trucks. Check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzO4JktmMWc I will go with their 2100 KV motor instead of the one on youtube.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av4oeTgcE34
    Last edited by maximum; 05-09-2015 at 12:07 PM.

So...that's a Hobbywing WP-SC8 ESC in carbon fiber costume?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Or visa versa Aluminum casing.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-09-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Are you sure about that? Heatsink is aluminum. The case does not seem to be.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Are you sure about that? Heatsink is aluminum. The case does not seem to be.
    http://www.teamorion.com/vortex-r8-p...6s-en-2-3.html

The previous design has been improved with a new aluminum case
    Machined aluminum case and carbon look cover

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    So...that's a Hobbywing WP-SC8 ESC in carbon fiber costume?
    Not even close...
    A couple key differences:
    220A vs 120A
    Sensorless/sensored vs. sensorless only
    Not waterproof vs. waterproof

RC Competitor
    Well - after more research I have decided on the ESC! Team Orion for one of my trucks. Check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzO4JktmMWc I will go with their 2100 KV motor instead of the one on youtube.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av4oeTgcE34
    I would be all over that ESC if it was waterproof... I have been looking at the Viper VTX8. It is waterproof, but unfortunately it only works with sensored motors. I am more comfortable waterproofing a motor sensor than an ESC, but I wish that I could find a similarly spec'd ESC that is waterproof and sensorless.

Grumpy42: Team Orion Neon8/R8 Brushless Combo is waterproof. That was one of the considerations for my choosing the ESC with other considerations as well.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av4oeTgcE34
    Last edited by maximum; 05-09-2015 at 05:48 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Grumpy42: Team Orion Neon8/R8 Brushless Combo is waterproof. That was one of the considerations for my choosing the ESC with other considerations as well.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av4oeTgcE34
    Only thing I don't like about it is 4s maximum according to the specs on the box in that video. Granted doubt I would ever go over 4s. That being said, it's a nice option to go 6s if the desire would arise.

mudbug85603: I had pretty much decided to go 4S anyway for control reasons and less tear and wear on parts. Speed is good, but controlled speed - for me - is better.

RC Qualifier
    mudbug85603: I had pretty much decided to go 4S anyway for control reasons and less tear and wear on parts. Speed is good, but controlled speed - for me - is better.
    I agree doubt mine will ever go over 4s just for carnage reasons..... I tear up enough stuff on 4s now LoL

ksb51rl: I'll verify the casing. The best thing to do is put my hands on one instead of online research!

mudbug85603: Money invested and to knowingly destroy the work put in the projects does not work well for me. It removes the fun of the hobby for me. 4S is good for me too!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy42 View Post
    Not even close...
    A couple key differences:
    220A vs 120A
    Sensorless/sensored vs. sensorless only
    Not waterproof vs. waterproof
    Ah, yes. Somehow I misdirected myself to the Neon 8 which is an entry level ESC.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-09-2015 at 07:28 PM.

I myself am a great fan of team Orion, in particular the 2OO amp Vortex R8X pro Extreme application, it just looks awsome and sounds great, I beleive the qaulity is as great as CC with their after service, after all european standard is also very high quality.... the only that hinders me for the moment is the price tag, for the combo I am looking at it will cost almost the same price as a new erevo.
    Live life to the fullest

Jezza: You said it: "Live life to the fullest." http://www.teamorion.com/index.php?d...oduct_id=37520 I also like the specs on it as well. Appreciate you input on this. You are the first to give some feedback on the product.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-09-2015 at 07:42 PM.

mudbug85603: Found out it does handle 2S-6S as well.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-09-2015 at 07:55 PM.

RC Qualifier
    mudbug85603: Found out it does handle 2S-6S as well.
    The Orion Vortex R8X Pro Extreme ESC will go 6s
    But, the Vortex R8.1 Pro and neon 8 are maxed out at 4s....unless I'm reading the stats wrong
    Last edited by mudbug85603; 05-09-2015 at 07:53 PM.

The Orion Vortex R8X Pro Extreme ESC will go 6s. You are correct and that is the one I am looking to purchase.

RC Qualifier
    The Orion Vortex R8X Pro Extreme ESC will go 6s. You are correct and that is the one I am looking to purchase.
    Oh ok you had posted a link to the Neon 8 previously, that you said you wanted.... never mind I'll shut up....LoL

Nope! i was wrong on the post. i don't mind the correction and help. That's why I am here to learn.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-09-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Yup there is a huge difference between the neon and vortex vst2 motors, the neon are 61mm and the latter 69mm, I am eyeing the one I see at my lhs, but have not yet decided after I aqquired so many trucks lately....but its on my list and the apart from the CC XL2 I am getting next week, not sure what to put it on yet...but I could not resist.
    Live life to the fullest

Okay - if anyone can assist with feedback on Team Associated 2200 kv Dynamic 8 motor/iX8 ESC combo, it would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking about this combo for the other truck.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-09-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast