Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Going Brushless!

Below I have listed my choices in brushless combos. I have two 3905's I am converting to brushless. Does anyone have any suggestions on which brushless systems that would be best work for the trucks?

1) Tekin GEN 2 2250 kv motor/RX8 GEN2 ESC -
    (2) Castle 2200 motor/ Mamba Monster MXL-6s Brushless Power System -
    (3) Team Associated 2200 kv Dynamic 8 motor/iX8 ESC
    (4) Team Orion Vortex VST2 Pro 690 4P 1900-2500 kv motor/Vortex R8 Pro X Extreme ESC.
    Last edited by maximum; 04-21-2015 at 07:43 PM.

I will get either tekin or castle, tekin is sensored, runs smoother, it is not waterproof, and cost more than castle.

Thanks NFS. Have you heard anything on Team Associated or Team Orion's systems?

Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
    Thanks NFS. Have you heard anything on Team Associated or Team Orion's systems?
    Sorry no experience with those.

Certainly appreciate your help. I have noticed that most EMBE systems are one of those two. What I have noticed in my research is smoothness in Team Associated and Orion. They both cost more. O well - was thinking of trying something a little different.
    Last edited by maximum; 04-21-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Certainly appreciate your help. I have noticed that most EMAXX brushless systems are one of those two.
    Yup for obvious reason, nothing can be compared with those, not only in quality, but support, customer service.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    I will get either tekin or castle, tekin is sensored, runs smoother, it is not waterproof, and cost more than castle.
    This.

+1, I'm partial to Castle...but that's just because they come from Kansas City, lol.
    Last edited by elDax; 04-21-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Support and customer service is huge! Team Associated and Orion are both headquarter-ed in Europe. That could be a problem even though they have U.S. offices.

Another question - any suggestions on radios - Hitec -Graupner -Futaba?

Def futaba or airtronics.

Thanks again NFS! I have been checking out the Futaba 4PX 4 channel.

Here are a couple of pics of the two trucks.

Last edited by maximum; 04-21-2015 at 09:13 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    Def futaba or airtronics.
    I'm in the market as well...what about this rather cheap Flysky gt3C system I keep hearing about?

brushless[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/maxxtwins/media/100_5490_zpsduuk5qn5.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/maxxtwins/media/100_5210800x506_zps2d6cd4e3.jpg.html][/URLHere are some pics of the two trucks that are going
    Holy cow! Those are sweet!

I have a Flysky GT3C,
    Bloody good TX for the price. I have a few spare batteries for it to.
    The batteries are like a mobile phone battery.
    The receivers are hit or miss though. I buy like 5 RX's because some are DOA. And others seem to loose the antenna wire real easy. I'm sure Futaba would be better quality. (You get what you pay for)
    My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

I had them for six years. Just taking time converting them to my taste. They are both brushless ready. The blue one I will be adding some FLM parts soon. Thank for the comment elDax. Haven't heard about that radio until now.
    Last edited by maximum; 04-21-2015 at 08:58 PM.

ausprime, practical knowledge is always good - thanks!

Nice rides, I would like to see more pics of the first truck if you have some! what system are you running?
    Last edited by NFS; 04-21-2015 at 09:16 PM.

NFS - Stock brushed system. That is why I am looking at brushless. Can post more pics tomorrow.

NFS - Here are the pictures I promised yesterday. it is time to go brushless! I think I have made a decision on which brushless system to go with. I will show my choices when the systems arrive! For now, I have some additional upgrades in mind as well. The fun part on both projects has been in the planning and building. Thanks for the education on EMBE forum as well.

[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/maxxtwins/media/100_5627_zpsdguccqf9.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/maxxtwins/media/100_5626_zpszau7gpsx.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/maxxtwins/media/100_5625_zpsntbzbfu6.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/maxxtwins/media/100_5623_zps1cpyuiku.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/maxxtwins/media/100_5628_zpsabkulyvv.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/maxxtwins/media/100_5631_zpsrfufbbju.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/maxxtwins/media/100_5633_zpsgrk1cynp.jpg.html][/URL
    Last edited by maximum; 04-22-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Wow...very impressed beautiful trucks. What kind of shock you using on the first truck?

NFS: Those are stock shocks with New Era springs on both trucks. The ratings on the shocks were their most stiffest - forgot the rating. I will have to look it up in my records. Of course, New Era has since gone out of business.
    Last edited by maximum; 04-23-2015 at 05:01 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Where did you get those rod ends? look like they have lock nuts on them........

Which rod ends shock or toe - mudbug85603?
    Last edited by maximum; 04-23-2015 at 06:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    toe, I want some LoL

Integy! They have worked well for me. Titanium!
    Last edited by maximum; 04-23-2015 at 06:46 PM.

RC Qualifier
    cool thanks

Mudbug85603, if you are interested, dual steering bell cranks will help strengthen and stabilize your steering. I found that dual bell cranks made my steering more positive and responsive. Very little mod work needed. Check out pics below: URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/maxxtwins/media/100_5644_zps7wkuab8c.jpg.html][/URL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    NICE!!! I need a set of those silver servo horns like right now! where can I find them?
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    Mudbug85603, if you are interested, dual steering bell cranks will help strengthen and stabilize
    Yeah thanks..... Definitely will look into that...... Had some issues with steering the other day and wrecked my truck. Whether it was a servo or ball end that gave away, I can't tell from the carnage...... Looking into going single servo possibly, or have two Savox 0231'2 ready to go in, and a aluminum steering assembly on order. Trying to find those pesky tie rod ends now.....Those suckers are reclusive

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    NICE!!! I need a set of those silver servo horns like right now! where can I find them?
    If you cant find them you can always remove the anodizing by careful sanding with some fine wet/dry sandpaper and polish if you like them shiny

G-Rustler: The server horns are from Integy! They don't make them in silver any longer: however, oven cleaner works well to get rid of anodized colors and polished them afterwards.

Mudbug85603: Yep, I had similar challenges until I added the additional steering bell crank.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    @mudbug here's the turnbuckles. They're outta stock at the moment

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...w#.VTrlJsJ0xjo

@maximum yea I figured that was the case when I just seen only the blue version being sold on the site. Thanks man.

RC Qualifier
    @mudbug here's the turnbuckles. They're outta stock at the moment

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...w#.VTrlJsJ0xjo

@maximum yea I figured that was the case when I just seen only the blue version being sold on the site. Thanks man.
    Yes I had found those at many vendors and all are out of stock.... So was looking for different manufactures, with no luck either........

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug85603 View Post
    Yes I had found those at many vendors and all are out of stock.... So was looking for different manufactures, with no luck either........
    Dang..Yea I wouldn't mind grabbing a set myself. Let me know if you find them.

Yeah - most of the hobby stores as well only sell them in blue. They are supper light and weight-wise no more than the stock plastics servo horns.

RC Qualifier
    Dang..Yea I wouldn't mind grabbing a set myself. Let me know if you find them.
    Will do.....tried to backorder them through Integy...... it was a no go PayPal kept telling me my shopping cart was empty.....I'm on a Quest now LoL

RC Qualifier
    Have found all sorts of turnbuckles, aluminum, steel, titanium, it's the rod ends that are near impossible to find

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug85603 View Post
    Have found all sorts of turnbuckles, aluminum, steel, titanium, it's the rod ends that are near impossible to find
    Maybe I will just shoot Integy an email and see if they will let me pre-pay for a set and they can ship them when they get'em

Last edited by maximum; 04-24-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast