Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Jezza, do you know anything bout' LRP goods?

Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
    Jezza, do you know anything bout' LRP goods?
    Its funny but I am in the middle of checking them out. Last week my bros and went to an rc fair and so bunch of names of some we have not heard off including lrp and many more. I wae interested a lot in the italian nitro engines othe then picco etc.

[QUOTE=maximum;5939437]Okay - if anyone can assist with feedback on Team Associated 2200 kv Dynamic 8 motor/iX8 ESC combo, it would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking about this combo for the other truck.[/QUOTEf]

I have an sc10. Very nice set up but I hate their site, not a lot of infirmation unlike traxxas thats the obly thing why would not ge any more asscociated stuff. It goes by reputation but their site is mediocure. I got their Mt rival wheels but fannot find tyres t g on th U beads. Like wise cannot find detailed info if many things including what you had requested.

This is the reason why I tell peole I love my traxxas.
    Live life to the fullest

Jezza: That's interesting! Of course, Traxxas has always givien excellent support! I have another interesting thing that has happened over the years - I have never had problems with support from hop up parts and after market parts. Thank you for your input.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-10-2015 at 01:02 PM.

FLM Diffs question. What is the benefit of going with the 1/8 diff bulks rather than FLM part # 10200 and 10300 diffs which accept the stock gearing from the MAXX? Is it durability?

Does anyone know anything about Great Assembly bulks?http://www.greatassemblyrc.com/Produ...-6)/GA%2D10720

1/8 diffs works better because they have 6 spiders gears instead of 4 gears on 1/10 diffs also the gears on 1/8 diffs are stronger. GA products are very good made of aluminum 7075 which is stronger, but those bulks only fit stock diffs, I would go with FLM hybrids and ofna diffs.
    Last edited by NFS; 05-14-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks NFS! Okay - two more quick questions. I have heard that there are mods to be done with the 1/8 diff gears. If so, what are the mods and which 1/8 diff company best works with the least amount of mods for the 1/8 FLM diffs casing?

Not sure what kind of mods are you refering to. Ofna hyper 7tq are direct fit into flm hybrids, the only 1/8 diffa you will have to modify are losi lst to fit into regular bulks. Also you can do UE ultralight cases with same ofna diffs and fit them into any bulks, but that route is more expensive.

Thanks again NFS! I was just on OFNA's site trying to figure out which gears. You have help me once again.

Thanks again NFS! I was just on OFNA's site trying to figure out which gears. You have help me once again.
    just google ofna hyper 7tq diffs.

NFS - I have done the research, but still not sure bout' diff pinion gear to compliment diff 46t spur gear.:

RC Competitor
    NFS - I have done the research, but still not sure bout' diff pinion gear to compliment diff 46t spur gear.:
    The ring gear is 43t and the standard pinion is 13t
    http://www.eofna.com/13T-Tooth-Bevel...ar_p_5484.html

Hyper 7 diffs
    http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/ofna-1-8...ferential.html

Hyper 7 Spider diffs
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyper-7-Fron...item48741bd211
    Proud member of the red card club.

Thanks Grumpy42 for the direction. Makes the process simpler. Research is fun - answers are always better. Thanks again.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-15-2015 at 04:19 PM.

I have noticed different gearing in my research. When converting to 1/8 scale diffs F/R to work with FLM 1/8 hybrids, which is best Ofna Hyper 7 tq diff spur 43t - 56t etc.?

Need help with the above questions regarding diff spur. Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Hyper 7 tq diff's are 43t spur(ring gear) and 13t pinion. Brings it to a 3:30:1 from the stock 2:85:1 ratio if remember correctly. I have been running 30k diff fluid both f/r recently

Thanks Buggybasher for the info. Let me know how the 30K fluid works out!
    Last edited by maximum; 06-02-2015 at 08:36 PM.

1 Team Associated 2200 kv Dynamic 8 motor/iX8 ESC
    2 Team Orion Vortex VST2 Pro 690 4P 2100 kv motor/Vortex R8 Pro X Extreme ESC

Finally, I made the decision on brushless setup.Okay, I know these are different choices on for brushless combos: however, I look forward to giving feedback on both setups. It's a hobby. So, I thought of going with the unusual. Thanks for all your help .

I did some body mods in prep for brushless systems. These are the bods I will use when the trucks are on the shelf. I use all the ensentives available in the hobby. Hobby = yenom!
    Last edited by maximum; 07-19-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Quick question! Has anyone tried mounting the Jeep Rubicon 4 door body by Proline on their chassis? If so, were you successful mounting it without cutting up the front and back bumpers?
    Suggestions on how to do this without cutting up the body and mounting it too high over chassis would be appreciated.
    Last edited by maximum; 08-13-2015 at 06:12 PM.

the 4 door body is a bit large to fit the emaxx, it fits better on the erevo, summit, you might have to remove the bumpers and I guess the wheels won't fit the fenders either. I would get the wrangler body instead.

here is one I did for my erevo

Last edited by NFS; 08-13-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks NFS! Interesting note. This body was a gift and per the manufacture, the packaging labeled it to fit both Maxx and Revo trucks. Nice body! I will figure out what to do with it. Hmmm - maybe I will just keep it for my future ERBE or Summit.

Since you already have it did you try to mount it to check fitment?

Oh yea! The wheel wells line up really well. The body fits The FLM a bit better than stock. However, even with the longer FLM chassis, the body will still require cutting into both front and rear bumpers. I did talk to the manufacturing company earlier today and their suggestions were to mod the chassis length (bumper). i have seen your EREVO in my research. One of the only ones out there.
    Last edited by maximum; 08-13-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Any reviews on the Mamba Monster X? I hear some improvements have been made to this ESC over its predecessor.

RC Racer
    I also upgrade to brushless on my 3903 with Castle 2200 motor/ Mamba Monster MXL-6s Brushless Power System. It has stock 68T spur gear. Do you guy recommend go lower like 54T?

The reason I asked because E-revo have option to 54T and the vehicle go really fast with low speed.

THanks

Not sure Jvinhj240! It may depend on the tires and diffs on your truck. Maybe someone else can assist you. I have heard and read many combinations of gearing on that particular question. I am still wondering about the Mamba Monster X ESC.

RC Racer
    I tried today with 56T and the pinion cant reach to spur gear. I still have dual plate , how can it does not reach?

Last edited by jvinhj240; 09-07-2015 at 11:31 PM.

It was hard for me to tell from the angle of the pic. Not sure! Can someone assist Jvinhj240 with this?

Any reviews on the Mamba Monster X? I hear some improvements have been made to this ESC over its predecessor. I heard that they have resolved the cogging issue. Can someone assist with this question?

Can someone please assist me with the question I posted on 11/03/15 regarding the Mamba Monster X?

RC Qualifier
    From what I have read, they improved the bec, and the esc can run both sensored and sensorless motors.

Thanks Buggbasher.28! I appreciate the feedback on that question.

Merry Christmas everyone!

RC Qualifier
    Merry Christmas right back to ya
    slash 4wd upgraded

QUESTION: I have been researching to see if there are parts I need to strengthen the transmissions of my two trucks. Is it true the idlers gears could be a issue once I go brushless? I was considering speed and the amount of toque that will be placed on the transmissions - of course. If this is the case, which gears should I get? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    QUESTION: I have been researching to see if there are parts I need to strengthen the transmissions of my two trucks. Is it true the idlers gears could be a issue once I go brushless? I was considering speed and the amount of toque that will be placed on the transmissions - of course. If this is the case, which gears should I get? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have ran a combination of the stock 1515 2200kv motor and 1717 1650kv both on 5s and have been for 2yrs, all I have managed to break with the trans is the output shaft twice. I haven't stripped or broke any of the plastic gears inside the tranny yet surprisingly. I beat my truck up pretty hard so I'd say keep the stock brushless trans if you have it.

Thanks Buggybasher! Both trucks have the later model brushless trannies. You have helped in this brushless setup process. Certainly, your 1717 motor on 5s has put that tranny to the test. Two years gone by - that says a lot. Thanks again!

Quick question for the master builders?? Will the Proline Pro-Spline HD Axles work on the E-MAXX? I am still preparing for the brushless conversion. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by maximum; 03-05-2016 at 12:26 PM.

http://www.prolineracing.com/pro-spline/hd-axle-summit

Since the axle shafts are the same between the Revo and E-Maxx, I would think they should work just fine.
    "RED"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast