Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jvinhj240 View Post
    I tried today with 56T and the pinion cant reach to spur gear. I still have dual plate , how can it does not reach?

That motor will not go down far enough, it is hitting the transmission - the truck is built for a 65t not a 56t gear...your spur gear is far too small for this application.

***Edit***

But, I just saw that this post was over 6 months ago, I'm sure you have solved the issue already. My bad.
    "RED"

Red, that was my thought for the reason you stated about E-Revo and E-Maxx axles being the same. Thanks!

You are right about that post. But, someone finally answered jvinhj240's question. Thanks again!
    Last edited by maximum; 03-05-2016 at 04:35 PM.

LOL! I do what I can.
    "RED"

What's the difference between the RCM V-MAXX chassis and the FLM 3905/3908 Extended chassis - other than chassis length? Is there a weight difference? They both have battery pack options plus other aluminum parts. I did observe an option for the ESC/motor mount on the V-MAXX . I have been checking out the RCM V-MAXX chassis. Can someone help?

Can someone please assist with the above question? I have had no response so far.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-21-2016 at 07:15 AM. Reason: merge

I have a question regarding the 3908s.How many versions are there of this brushless edition? The reason I am asking is regarding continuous upgrades for my trucks. Thanks for you help.

Okay - i am asking the experts about shims for my new build. Do you have any suggestions: re: 1/8 shims for this FLM Hybrid Diff case build. I am using HPI HB D8T truggy diffs and the pinion gears have too much play in them. Any suggestions would be appreciated which shims to use.

Thanks ttThree, let the research begin! This info will get me started.

Well, to the experts - I have another question. The HPI HB D8T Diff Pinion Gears are not working with the Traxxas steel driveshafts. The pinion shafts are too long for the driveshafts, both front and rear. The dog-bone will not fit cause' of the length of the pinion gear. Are there shorter 10T Straight Cut pinions that will work on those HPI HB D8T Diffs?

Thanks "tt Three"! I have the R C Monster V-Maxx chassis. It is set up to work with stock E-MAXX f/r center drive shafts.

You could use the RCM CDM http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...%2FMotor_Mount
    and the center skid http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...erential_Mount
    maybe contact Mike at RCM to help you with any questions relating to his parts and chassis. mike@rc-monster.com
    My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

RC Racer
    I run the R C Monster V-Maxx chassis and centerdiff, using this( http://www.nitrohouse.com/search.asp...=29124&search= ) as the front axle and rear axle FLM org.

Thanks Ausprine and Painter! I will check those links. I have a E-MAXX tranny mounted in stock position on this chassis though. I did not purchase a center diff for the build. Painter do you know if those dog bones are longer or shorter than the Traxxas steel center drives?
    Last edited by maximum; 12-23-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Well, there was a solution for the center-drive issue. I simply shortened the pinion shanks and everything worked out just fine. All that was necessary was to leave enough room to secure the diff-pinion gears with the set-screws. Thanks again for your assistance everyone.

Well, the # 2 truck, now a roller, is just about ready for brushless combo. I will be using Castle's 2200 kv motor with Mamba Monster "X" ESC. Here's the link to that post. This forum has helped a lot with the updates on each truck. https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...s-3905-s/page6
    Last edited by maximum; 01-10-2017 at 07:48 PM.

I have installed a Robinson Racing 68t GEN 3 spur gear. Any suggestions for the tooth # for the pinion? The motor will be Castle's 2200 kv.
    Last edited by maximum; 01-12-2017 at 07:15 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I would go for at 20 or 22 t pinion but watch the temperatur on the esc and motor you could go higher but the tourque and speed are good with those pinions

Are you running 6 s or 4 s you should gear according to the pinion spur gear, 4s 20 to 22 should be fine

6s gear down smaller pinion some have run 17/68
    Last edited by Sypsp; 01-13-2017 at 09:22 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Or even better this

http://scriptasylum.com

Thanks Sypsp and ttThree! I was thinking about running 19t pinion for the motor. I have 43t/10t diffs. I will be running 4s. I am mindful of the ESC and battery heat issue. Thanks for your input. I trust I am on track with this pinion.

RC Enthusiast
    I know this is a little off the subject but has anyone ever considered using the two speed transmission geared high enough to make first gear equivalent to a single speed trans and 2nd for long range high speed runs to keep from changing pinion and spur gears?

XXMCGRAWXX, I have not considered - maybe someone in the forum has.

RC Enthusiast
    I reposted a thread for it I have done the calculations on the gearing it seems legit but I don't know anything about the 2 speed transmissions if they could handle the high speed or if the pinion and spur would reach each other. It would just be neat to have both fast grass or dirt running and then if you want to hit the pavement for some high speed runs you wouldn't have to change any gearing, just push the button and go.

XXMCGRAWXX, several years ago I did some research regarding this issue. On the forums - then - others reported the challenge with 2 speed transmissions was they would break down if the transmission were changed while running at higher speeds. I could be wrong, it has been some time ago. Trust someone will assist you with this matter on the forum.
    Last edited by maximum; 01-25-2017 at 10:34 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, I could handle that if that's the only complaint considering I only plan to change gears while changing driving styles and terrain (although accidents can happen) maybe I should put this one to the test and just find out.

Your welcome XXMCGRAWXX! There are individuals on this forum who have a lot more experience that can help you, as they have helped me. Okay experts - XXMCGRAWXX - needs help - thanks! Check out his thread on this page.

Getting closer to each truck being brushless: a - long, but fun and knowledge acquiring process though! https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...s-3905-s/page6
    Last edited by maximum; 02-08-2017 at 05:15 PM.

This is the number 2 truck with FLM upgrades. All that is needed now is the brushless combo. Brushless systems have changed since I began this upgrade. Now I will do some research on those brushless systems again. Mamba Monster X with Castle's latest motor upgrade is one consideration. This truck is going brushless!
    Last edited by maximum; 02-23-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks for the info ttThree! That was one of the considerations.

ttThree, I may not have been clear with the previous past. I have also checked out Tekin. Not sure if they can handle the weight of this truck. (This is a monster truck, not a truggy as well.) Brushless yes - speed no! I will be using 4S. Team Orion Vortex VST2 Pro 690 4P 1900-2500 kv motor/Vortex R8 Pro X Extreme ESC is another combo I have been researching and it can handle the weight..

I had some issues with my 1/8th scale diff upgrades on my "going brushless" builds. I changed the diff case gaskets that measured 0.55 mm in thickness, to 0.50 mm and the diff challenges disappeared. In fact, did not need to shim the diffs . They are operating like they were built by someone with more knowledge than me. Still going brushless though!
    Last edited by maximum; 04-05-2017 at 08:53 PM.

RC Racer
    That looks like a work of art!!!

Thanks Virdi! I enjoy the hobby and the gathering of info regarding it - lots of fun.

Yep! Different type of driving ttThree. Hmm, I only have scratches on the skid plates for this truck. But, still going brushless.

I look forward to truck # one's change-over to brushless. The first change will be the chassis. The chassis will be anodized black. I'm going to keep the black and blue theme, even though I will be changing parts.

This was a 3905 E-MAXX in the beginning as you can see in the pics. This forum has helped a lot with the other builds. So, I looked forward to our exchange on this truck as well. Going brushless on this truck too!
    Last edited by maximum; 05-02-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Okay - have a question for those of you that utilize the FLM Hybrid 1/8th bulk. There seems to be less 1/8th scale diffs available; specifically, at lower prices. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Looking for a 43t ring gear.

Well, I received the answer to my previous question on my own thread - thanks Grumpy42!
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy42 View Post
    Your advice worked out just fine and the order for the diffs has been placed.
    Last edited by maximum; 07-26-2017 at 04:55 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
    Well, I received the answer to my previous question on my own thread - thanks Grumpy42!
    Your advice worked out just fine and the order for the diffs has been placed.
    Nice body you got there.
    Where is all the other older e maxx brushless thread?
    It must be more posted here and it is great with old post to find answers..

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerman View Post
    Nice body you got there.
    Where is all the other older e maxx brushless thread?
    It must be more posted here and it is great with old post to find answers..
    Hi Kellerman! I trust this post will help! This is the forum on the E-MAXX (forum) that is the foundation for my brushless builds: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...x-Twins-3905-s

Also, here's the page that Grumpy42 assisted me: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ushless!/page5
    Last edited by maximum; 07-31-2017 at 01:07 PM.

RC Competitor
    Everyone is gone e revo. I will stick to my maxx. You can do anything with this truck.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast