RC poster

Question Does the E-Revo have a high center of gravity or a low COG?

I heard both arguments, and both are fairly convincing. I've heard that having the motor that high and shocks up top makes it high COG, and I've also heard that having the batteries low makes it a low COG. I tend to lean toward the low COG because batteries tend to weight a lot more than motors.

What do you guys think, and why?

RC Qualifier
    Compared to what?
    For a monster truck it has a low cog. For a buggy / truggy it has a higher cog.

it depends, you can adjust the suspension: pushrods, rockers, shocks and make it low or high..

RC poster
    Say we were comparing it to a truggy, why does it have a higher cog and can you adjust it to have a lower cog?

Compared to an E Maxx, Revo would be a low cog. M2C it would be a low cog, even with the Suspension lifted
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

Quote Originally Posted by Vallone1990 View Post
    Say we were comparing it to a truggy, why does it have a higher cog and can you adjust it to have a lower cog?
    Because thats how they are made, erevo is a monster truck, not a racing machine, it is for bashing. Yes you can lower the suspension to make it sit lower.

RC Qualifier
    It is a HIGH center of gravity no matter how much you lower the suspension unless you put in a type of limiting strap to prevent the suspension from moving. But if you are limiting the suspension travel that much you should just use a road car to start with. You can lower the COG of the Revo and retain your suspension by reconfiguring the center drivetrain and chassis. It makes a world of difference in how the beast handles.

What you need to do to the chassis to lower the boat anchor of a motor:

click the pic to see more details.

Details of how it got there
    If it didn't break you can do it again.