RC Racer

wheelie walking?

I don't really know how to explain it but when im in a wheelie it will rock back and forth. Would heavier diff fluid help and what are the benefits of a center diff instead of a slipper clutch?
    Hey kid that's not a toy!!

RC Qualifier
    Heavier diff fluid may help (a lot of us run 50k in the front and 30k in the rear diff). I had the same issue, and the main reason was the stock 2.5 toe-in on the rear. I installed the alu diff carriers #1952X with the left and right ones interchanged. This gives 1 toe-in.
    It also helped when I mounted Trenchers, because the stock tires have very soft inserts.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Keep it on all 4 wheels. You can't really expect control with half the wheels in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    Keep it on all 4 wheels. You can't really expect control with half the wheels in the air.
    +1 on that, I really do not like to do wheelies either.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by badfrog219 View Post
    I don't really know how to explain it but when im in a wheelie it will rock back and forth. Would heavier diff fluid help and what are the benefits of a center diff instead of a slipper clutch?
    Mine did this when I was running light oil in the rear. I switched to 100k and it wheelies a lot better and not that side to side motion

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    +1 on that, I really do not like to do wheelies either.
    I didn't say don't do it I love wheelies, and I actually try to ride them as far as possible, I also like showing off and pulling the front end up at speed.... It is very controllable, if you have the finesse to do it. I run a spooled rear end on my 2wd

RC Qualifier
    If you really want to wheelie for a long ways, you can buy a spoil for the rear diff or fill the diff with jb weld

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx Racer View Post
    If you really want to wheelie for a long ways, you can buy a spoil for the rear diff or fill the diff with jb weld
    I used hot glue, so pretty much the same thing, and I had it in the house, so it didn't cost anthing. I have found it to be quite awesome

I tried diff locking putty, it somehow worked itself of the gears and essentially turned into an open diff... with all the power I was throwing down, I would just sit and spin donuts with no steering input

RC Enthusiast
    The narrow wheelie bar doesn't help. I put a Slash 4x4 bumper on the back and it drags bumper now and doesn't walk side to side. I have stock slipper and diff fluid in mine.

RC Competitor
    Might wanna check out T Bone wheelie bar they are huge upgrade from traxxas [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Appreciate all the info guys, does anyone run the optional center differential?
    Hey kid that's not a toy!!

RC Qualifier
    I run it. It's not good at all for wheelies, but good for everything else🏼

I keep 100,000 in my rear differential. When my truck pulls wheelies it hold them without the side to side action. The viscosity of the fluid slows the action of the differential unloading.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!