Thread: TSM and OBA

RC Racer

TSM and OBA

Any news as to whether a version with TSM and OBA will be released in the near future? I figure it just a matter of time, aiming the purchase

Thanks,
    Raz

RC Qualifier
    that's what I would like to see also plus it would be nice if they come out with a pro stock dragster and top fuel seeing that traxxas is a major sponsor for the nhra

RC Champion
    what use for TSM could you have going straight on road??? its designed to help new comers with cornering and extremely rugged conditions so they dont get frustrated at their driving skill level.

the OBA i can see for the sound effects, but you can get that just by installing a real engine lol
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mxaustin View Post
    what use for TSM could you have going straight on road??? its designed to help new comers with cornering and extremely rugged conditions so they dont get frustrated at their driving skill level.

the OBA i can see for the sound effects, but you can get that just by installing a real engine lol
    Wrong. It can help the newbie off-roader, but it's EXACT use is for holding a straighter line, bumpy or not. It's a gryo which the Funny Car is in absolute need of.

Also, you could try squeezing a fueled power plant, but I'm rather sure you'll never be capable of replicating scale sound

Bottom line...TSM is the most needed piece of equipment here, On boar sound would be a nice addition..

Raz

RC Champion
    does it not drive straight becasue of traction or somthing else?

becasue Its not throttle management, if thats your issue you can change your settings in your telemetry so it doesn't drop 100% at an instant. Lower it to 60% throttle response so it doesn't overload the tires to the point they lose traction.

the sound isnt "scale" by FAR, but it DOES sound better than a bee on a... "foreign" substance.... lol
    Last edited by mxaustin; 07-30-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Can you not simply drive in a straight line...?

Its not throttle management, if thats your issue than change your settings in your telemetry so it doesn't drop 100% at an instant. Lower it to 60% throttle response so it doesn't overload the tires to the point they lose traction.
    Please dial back the 'tude in your replies.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Can you not simply drive in a straight line...?

Its not throttle management, if thats your issue than change your settings in your telemetry so it doesn't drop 100% at an instant. Lower it to 60% throttle response so it doesn't overload the tires to the point they lose traction.
    Of course anyone can try, but holding a straight line can depend on several factors, SOME of which can be mitigated with settings. See you at the finish line

Raz

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Razmo View Post
    See you at the finish line
    ill race you there. lol

and the TSM can be bought off "chop shops" on ebay.
    Last edited by mxaustin; 07-30-2015 at 12:30 PM.

RC Racer
    ill race you there. lol

and the TSM can be bought off "chop shops" on ebay.
    I'm there already *L*... For those wanting to explore the advantages of gyro stability, TSM isn't the only option. However, I would very much like to see a rereleased version with TSM with on board audio

RC Enthusiast
    i have used the spektrum avc and it made a huge difference. While i could get the occasional 2.10's pass with out it i run 2.0's-2.10s every pass now. I am actually just gonna put the 2s back in and let my niece race it while i run the drag race concepts car. If i had a good series to run like the west coast with the rcdrl i would leave the stock radio and tires on it.

Jerone99
    i have a tsm receiver on my funny car and it hugely helps, i'm a kid and i can by twitchy sometimes, so it helps alot