RC poster

Best Brushed Set Up For A Stampede

I've got a 2wd Stampede and I'm looking to get more out of it with out going brushless, i don't have the resources for that right now. I'm looking for a solid, reliable, powerful brushed motor that will work with my XL5 esc, I'm also running a Venom 2S 5000. I'm currently running an Electrify S-600 with a 83t spur and a 21t pinon, in all it runs great and doesn't give me much trouble but i want more but again with out going brushless. Currently the best sounding motor I've found is the Reedy Radon 17T Brushed Motor but i don't much about it, just what other people have said about it. So if anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks

Also, how do you put pictures in?
    Last edited by Skidoodude96; 04-28-2015 at 09:32 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Is there something wrong with your current motor? I use brushless so quote me if wrong, but the Titan 12T that comes with the XL-5 I here is great. Don't here many people disappionted with them, so if yours is running slow it may be a problem with the motor or battery.

If your motor is still working I would suggest just stay with it and save money. I didn't want to shell out for a brushless set for my son at first. He kept burning up titans and in the end I could have bought the sv3/3800 combo twice. We used the HPI firebolt for a while and liked it. Just put the cake combo in this week and wish we had done it long ago.

RC Competitor
    Do you not want to go brushless?

Just an FYI, you can get a good brushless system for under $100 and use the same batteries and charger you already have. Maybe you know this so I apologize in advance.

The one Zambo is referring to is $102 on Amazon.

Maybe that's a lot, but as was said already, if I would have bought it when my FIRST brushed motor broke, I would have broke even.

Sorry I don't have any advise about the brushed motor you asked about.