Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

Exclamation Is anyone else having problems with the new Link App released 2 days ago?

Is anyone having problems with the updated Link app version 5.2.0.5249? Right after I installed the updated app, the Bluetooth firmware was updated too (version 2.2.22), and the app was not able to connect to my vehicle anymore, only the transmitter was shown as connected. Is there a way to re-install the previous version?

RC Competitor
    yes I updated firmware yesterday and now my android link app shows the tx but nothing on the receiver. I had to rebind the tx and the receiver just to be able to drive the car. but I still get no data from the car , temp , voltage, or rpm. it just shows red for battery voltage. but the tx shows green for voltage . I hate these firmware updates, mine worked fine before why cant they just leave it alone ?

RC poster
    Yup same problem. Updated software 4/28/15 after update reciever will no longer connect to Traxxas link app. Controller connects throttle steering and brakes work! I have no telemetry on app and truck on top right corner is red. I called traxxas support 2 times and both times was told they would talk to the engineering department and get back to me. Haven't herd anything back since. So is the problem in the reciever or Bluetooth on tx.

RC poster
    I'm having the same problem. I should I should have known better when the version number for the update was going backwards, was 2.2.7 going to 2.2.22 , but like a dummy I did it anyway. It seems the only thing I lost was use of telemetry. Hopefully it won't take too long to get it fixed.

RC Competitor
    I installed my other receiver on the car yesterday and it said it needed the update so I went ahead and did it. this time it worked fine. update went through and telemetry works. if you don't have another rx I don't know what you can do. and I don't know what im supposed to do with the one I have that doesn't work now. its not really worth the postage to send it in for rma. when I did this up date I had the phone and the tx and the rx right next to each other. I don't know if that has something to do with it but the first update that failed they were probably 20 or 30 feet apart.

RC poster
    I 'm having the same problem you could solve? It will be that was a mistake in the update ?

RC poster
    Same problem as your! Hope someone solve it!

RC Enthusiast
    I re-installed an older version of Link app, the problem persisted. So apparently the issue is only in the Bluetooth firmware update. Unfortunately I have no idea if that can be rolled back to a previous version. I also sent an email to Traxxas support, but received no feedback yet. I'm sure they're aware of the problem, I hope they will fix it soon, and not wait til the next release which could take months.

RC poster
    Hi Samer. Cold you please let me know how to re-install the old version of Link app?

RC Enthusiast
    Axxon I sent you a pm with instructions. Did you receive it?

RC Enthusiast
    Same here.Updated no Telemetry. If I have it hooked up to phone I have no power to the wheels. If I shut the app. down all is fine. This reminds me of DJI and my Phantom Updates. Only thing is the Phantom could drop like a Rock from 300' up.

Same for me. I could KICK myself for updating because I knew nothing good would come from it. Everything works except for the telemetry. I don't even understand how something like this gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Old Boy View Post
    Same for me. I could KICK myself for updating because I knew nothing good would come from it. Everything works except for the telemetry. I don't even understand how something like this gets released.
    Two of my transmitters w/bluetooth updated today, no problems.
    The only change I could see offhand was the addition of TSM in
    the profile section.
    The most important thing when you get an update notice is to
    make sure you have a full battery in your transmitter before you
    click OK to the update, WiFi on, and nothing to interrupt it like
    your phone going to sleep.

RC poster
    this seems to a firmware issue with the receivers.
    when I did the android update, I checked to see the changes, when I connected, it immediately did a firmware update.
    the was no choice. I did notice that the telemetry was working before the firmware update.

Traxxas, please fix this issue?

RC Qualifier
    I am in the same boat now. I was out with my two slashes and my new stampy, and the ultimate (only one with link) decided it wanted to do an update, I was hesitant using my mobile data instead of wifi but I figured "why not" as it didn't want to let me change drive profiles without the update and figured I could drive something else while I waited.

I had to rebind receiver afterwards when I got home and I'm getting the red vehicle icon and no telemetry.

Hope this gets sorted soon, I want to buy a link for my Stampede but will wait untill the fix.
    40+ RC's, 4 = Traxxas. Doing this since the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    Two of my transmitters w/bluetooth updated today, no problems.
    The only change I could see offhand was the addition of TSM in
    the profile section.
    The most important thing when you get an update notice is to
    make sure you have a full battery in your transmitter before you
    click OK to the update, WiFi on, and nothing to interrupt it like
    your phone going to sleep.
    I did all of that. There were no interruptions and the phone was already set to keep the screen on for 10 min. I sat there and watched it update. It went through step one and step two fine. It got to the end and verified the update and said everything was complete. After that it went back to checking for updates. Then it gave me an error that disappeared so fast I couldn't read it. After that it went back to the Home screen. The app is updated and I see the new additions but it will not connect to my truck (it stays red, just like all the other people that are having the same issue) and my telemetry does not work.

RC Enthusiast
    There's one guy called Miguel Sotelo who posted a review on Play Store saying he had the problem but he called Traxxas customer support and they guided him over the phone and solved the problem in 5 minutes. Has anyone contacted them?

RC Qualifier
    I had exactly the same problem as threadstarter. I updated the app on the phone, and when I was out to do a run I had to do a firmware update. Afterwards the app would not connect to the car, just the TX would show online. Steering and throttle worked fine, but no telemetry in the app.

When I came home I tried my other Erbe with the same controller, and everything worked fine with the app. Switched back and tried the other, and now the car came online in the app and everything works. Its so typical that a update mess things up..
    Slash 4x4 / Erbe / Custum Erbe / Bandit VXL

RC poster
    I also was on the street when I needed to update the software and the firmwaree after that the car's telemetry stopped working does anyone have any idea of how do I get back the old firmware so I can date again via wireless home

RC Competitor
    traxxas really needs to make a way to rollback an update to previous version just for this reason. once mine failed it said no updates avail. until I put my other rx in my tmaxx. then it said it wanted to update my firmware. the second time came out ok

RC Qualifier
    Maybe a tx reset help. Then you have to bind tx and rx again..

RC Competitor
    Isn't it nice that someone from Traxxas recognizes there's a problem and lets us know that they are working on it?

Oh wait.....
    P4de VXL, Slash 4x4 VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Great news buddies! I received feedback from Traxxas support, they suggested to delete the vehicle from TQi memory then bind it again. It worked!
    First, make sure your phone's bluetooth if off - there should be no connection between the transmitter and Link app.
    Here are the steps to delete the vehicle, as per owner's manual.
    1. Switch on the transmitter and receiver you wish to delete.
    2. Press and hold MENU. Release when the status LED blinks green.
    3. Press MENU three times. The status LED will blink green four
    times repeatedly.
    4. Press SET once. The status LED will blink green once repeatedly.
    5. Press MENU once. The status LED will blink green twice repeatedly.
    6. Press SET. The memory is now selected to be deleted. Press SET to
    delete the model. Press and hold MENU to return to driving mode.
    After that, you have to bind them again. Turn both transmitter and receiver off. Then, while pressing Menu, switch on the transmitter - LED blinking red. Then, while pressing the link button on your vehicle's receiver, power on the vehicle. They should link in a second. Now, switch on your phone's bluetooth and launch the Link app. If all went well, everything should be working now.

RC poster
    Thank you for posting this Samer, you're a fine dude. I was worried about having to find time to call Traxxas this week. You saved me a headache.

RC poster
    Hi Sumer. I did this and it all worked out . thank you very much

RC poster
    yup erasing the model and linking it again works

RC Qualifier
    I get to #6 "press set" and mine starts flashing red slowly, I press set again and it flashes red fast. Press and hold the menu button and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas Tauranga View Post
    I get to #6 "press set" and mine starts flashing red slowly, I press set again and it flashes red fast. Press and hold the menu button and nothing happens.
    Thank you Samer, you are a scholar and a gentleman! It worked perfectly. I had the same issue as TT ^^ on step 6 and I just turned the radio off and back on and went through the binding steps and everything started working.

RC Qualifier
    Ok figured it out. I have never had to bind any of my models yet, so when I tried it as per the instructions above after #6, it says to rebind you have to hold down MENU and turn on, when in the manual to rebind it says to hold down SET and turn on transmitter. (Might want to edit this Samer, for Traxxas newbs like me haha). So my Tx wasn't bound lol. After that I also switched them on an off again and deleted models in the App.

It works again! And thanks Samer for making the call!
    Last edited by Traxxas Tauranga; 05-04-2015 at 01:19 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Lazy people at traxxas software test apartment?

RC poster
    Thank you very much Samer for your help. Everything works.

RC Enthusiast
    Tauranga you're right, it's the SET button you have to keep pressed when binding again, not MENU. I made a mistake while writing the solution in haste. I can't edit my original post now.

RC Enthusiast
    Samer .Thanks everything works .I think Traxxas should make you an offer to put you on the Payroll.When they returned my email I could not get it to work.Its not there fault .I just need it explained a little better.

RC Qualifier
    New app "update" released today. Also updated tx firmware again. No new problems afterward.

RC Racer
    My TQi Transmitter is dead after the firmware update with the android app from last week. The android app connects to the bluetooth and shows TQ firmware 0.0.0 The TQi transmitter just blinks orange. No more function. Cannot press Set or Menu or anything. Just orange blinking. Dead.
    Last edited by MJP; 05-06-2015 at 02:53 PM.

I'm having an issue with my GPS.
    All of my standard sensors work. But the speed GPS module doesn't.
    My app doesn't even show the satellite symbol.
    My expander unit is flashing red, like its looking for satellites.
    But there is nothing showing up on my app. It worked fine before, and the speed source priority is set to GPS(if available).
    So i set it to RPM only. But in the telemetry setup page. It still says Receiver/GPS.
    Man this sucks!
    My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

I deleted the model memory. But it didn't fix my GPS problem.
    My RC Cycle:

RC Qualifier
    Im the app, under Garage - Telemetry Setup, with your model switched on and linked to the transmitter, Touch Refresh now. Does it show then?

Quote Originally Posted by ronnyen View Post
    Im the app, under Garage - Telemetry Setup, with your model switched on and linked to the transmitter, Touch Refresh now. Does it show then?
    It still wont work. I tried a new RX. But it does the same thing.
    So i tried it on the TQi docking station TX, instead of the bluetooth TX. And its still not working.
    I then deleted the traxxas app, and then re-installed it from iTunes. That didn't help ether.
    The only thing i haven't tried, is a different iPhone or android. But that's because I don't have another one.
    I think i'm good a solving issues when it comes to RC's but this one beats me.
    This is the Emaxx with "GPS Telemetry".... Well it used to work! The electrics are basically the only things left on my truck that is from Traxxas. Don't tell me i have to look elsewhere for a decent RX/TX Telemetry kit. I'v already replaced 2 TQi controllers, that had the No light of death.
    My RC Cycle:

RC Competitor
    Best bet is to call Traxxas, their phone support is awesome. Online support is non existent though (not that they ever said there was online support but, you know, forums are an easy place for it)
    P4de VXL, Slash 4x4 VXL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast