TSM Traxxas Stability Management

TSM Traxxas Stability Management Accelerate Faster/Corner Faster/Brake Harder/Stay in Control!
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC poster
    Hey this looks awesome. Quick question will it find its way into all of traxxas Rc cars and trucks.

RC Qualifier
    I doubt it, sadly the TQI is not included in all new cars, it's the TQ for most, so how is a better car gonna be in anything but something like the top e revo and XO 1
    If a RC never breaks, your doing it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by NZ1 View Post
    Hey this looks awesome. Quick question will it find its way into all of traxxas Rc cars and trucks.
    It could, but since not everyone cares to bear the additional expense of this system, it probably won't be available as stock equipment.
    Happily it seems anyone who really wants it can get it:
    Installation on other Traxxas models
    When installing TSM into Traxxas models, it requires a Traxxas TQi radio system with the Multi Function knob. Connectivity to the Traxxas Link App (iOS or Android version) is also required in order to update the receiver firmware with a TSM profile for the specific model. Depending on the radio system, it may be necessary to purchase the TQi Traxxas Link Wireless Module to connect to a smart phone via Bluetooth. For TQ radio system, then consider Powering Up to the TQi radio system to have access to the full feature set, Traxxas long-range performance, telemetry, and Traxxas Link App compatibility.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

IMO, it is much cheaper to go spectrum with the dx4c and avc for 130$, instead of waiting, getting tqi for ~200 bucks when it comes out. thats my opinion, but don't get me wrong, i am not saying anything bad about traxxas, i just like Horizon, bc of their support
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by StampedeSwag13 View Post
    IMO, it is much cheaper to go spectrum with the dx4c and avc for 130$, instead of waiting, getting tqi for ~200 bucks when it comes out. thats my opinion, but don't get me wrong, i am not saying anything bad about traxxas, i just like Horizon, bc of their support
    Power up grade is only $100

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by StampedeSwag13 View Post
    Sounds like you like Horizon because of their price, as that is what you used as an example. IMO Traxxas has one, if not the best, support in the business. Powering Up is a great feature, you can trade your electronics when you are ready to open up a new realm of opportunities, for half the price of a buying a new unit. Behind the "no frills" face of the TQi, is quite an intelligent, remarkable RTR radio. Nobody else has a radio quite like theirs.
    40+ RC's, 4 = Traxxas. Doing this since the 80's.

RC Racer
    Yeah - this is hard to beat. Get the TQi + BT module for about $50, get the TQI+TSM Rx for $40, and for all of $90, you're in business. Those with TQI+BT already have just a $40 incremental. Hard to beat....

Will it work with a castle sct?

RC Racer
    It had better . I have 2 on order.

RC poster
    I just put one on my Stampede 4x4 VXL. Pretty crazy... here is a video of how the steering corrects itself in real time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h1z6hHhYb4

RC poster
    Wow! I am thinking about getting a Stampede 4x4 VXL and was wondering if they were going to come out with an updated version with TSM just because the new 2WD VXL has it.

How do I go about adding the TSM to s 4x4 VXL? How much is involved in adding TSM to the truck? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RC5150 View Post
    I just put one on my Stampede 4x4 VXL. Pretty crazy... here is a video of how the steering corrects itself in real time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h1z6hHhYb4

RC Racer
    Pretty trivial - add it, hook it up to the Bluetooth radio for updates (with iPhone or android) and you are off to the races.

RC poster
    Yep... what he said.

RC poster
    Traxxas TSM Receiver #6533. Swap with stock receiver. About $40

RC poster
    So I'm about to jump into Traxxas land. I'm trying to wait for the 68077-3 model (4x4 Ultimate + TSM). Can anyone tell me when this model will be available?

If I get the existing Ultimate, where can I purchase the TSM? Will the TSM fit in the existing Ultimate electronics box? Will it work with the existing Ultimate receiver?

Lots of questions and lots of excitement, thanks for any insight.

RC Racer
    Unknown when an Ultimate with TSM is available; only Traxxas would know. Judging by the introduction of other models, I'd say "sometime soon".

If you get the existing Ultimate (or any even remotely recent Traxxas model with TQi Tx) you can just replace the Rx (the non-TSM module non-6533) with the 6533. It should take even a novice about 15 minutes.

Take top off
    Unscrew the 4 screws required for access
    Undo a bit of wiring, keeping track of what wiring goes where
    Take screwdriver and loosen doublesided tape securing existing Rx
    Replace 6533 Rx
    Replace wiring
    Replace screws

Then do a few firmware updates and whatnot using the iOS/Android app

RC poster
    thanks for the quick reply. Are you saying the TSM is internal to the Rx? Or that the TSM will require a different Rx?

RC Racer
    The old Rx is just an Rx. The 6533 Rx now includes TSM. So yes, TSM is now internal to the Rx.

RC poster
    I recently bought the TSM receiver and it has the Traxxas Rustler already linked to it. I have the brushless E Maxx is there anyway I can program the TSM for the Emaxx instead.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dotydogg View Post
    I recently bought the TSM receiver and it has the Traxxas Rustler already linked to it. I have the brushless E Maxx is there anyway I can program the TSM for the Emaxx instead.
    If you have the Bluetooth or iPhone dock transmitter, just program it accordingly. If you don't, go buy it.

RC poster
    Hey i resently bought a brushless emaxx with the new tsm system i was wondering if i can take it out of my emaxx and put it in my 2wd slash (the slash needs it more the my emaxx) im just worried about how to properly switch both systems if it is compatable if so then how to set it up and how to switch the antenna since my slash has a long antenna were as my emaxx doesnt i dont want to damage my antenna wire. Any tips? Pls help.
    Last edited by mccreeper26; 03-11-2016 at 11:41 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mccreeper26 View Post
    Hey i resently bought a brushless emaxx with the new tsm system i was wondering if i can take it out of my emaxx and put it in my 2wd slash (the slash needs it more the my emaxx) im just worried about how to properly switch both systems if it is compatable if so then how to set it up and how to switch the antenna since my slash has a long antenna were as my emaxx doesnt i dont want to damage my antenna wire. Any tips? Pls help.
    The antenna is a design of the receiver, so it must stay with the receiver. So, to answer your question, yes. You can pull the entire radio assembly out of your E-Maxx and install it in your Slash. Once accomplished your Slash will be driven by the controller that is now running your E-Maxx (TSM requires 4 channel radio). You will likely need to re-calibrate the rx/tx to your Slash.

The radio from your Slash will have to entirely go into your E-Maxx (long antenna and all). Once this is done your Slash's controller will run your E-Maxx...and again, will likely need calibration.
    Slash, Street Rally, 4x4 /Slash, Summit LT, Aton.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by elDax View Post
    The antenna is a design of the receiver, so it must stay with the receiver. So, to answer your question, yes. You can pull the entire radio assembly out of your E-Maxx and install it in your Slash. Once accomplished your Slash will be driven by the controller that is now running your E-Maxx (TSM requires 4 channel radio). You will likely need to re-calibrate the rx/tx to your Slash.

The radio from your Slash will have to entirely go into your E-Maxx (long antenna and all). Once this is done your Slash's controller will run your E-Maxx...and again, will likely need calibration.
    any tips on how to calibrate it. Its my first time trying something like this is there a vid that you might know of that i could look off of if not i can just see what i can do. Also i know in the manual it show not to bend the antenna im guessing its ok to just pull the black cap off and slide out the wire (assuming the wire is held down by the cap)? Also now that i think about it, it should say in the manual how to calibrate it right? Sorry about all the question i just dont want to mess anything up.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mccreeper26 View Post
    any tips on how to calibrate it. Its my first time trying something like this is there a vid that you might know of that i could look off of if not i can just see what i can do. Also i know in the manual it show not to bend the antenna im guessing its ok to just pull the black cap off and slide out the wire (assuming the wire is held down by the cap)? Also now that i think about it, it should say in the manual how to calibrate it right? Sorry about all the question i just dont want to mess anything up.
    Sadly, I have no clue...I run a AVC system by Spektrum. No better than TSM, just different. I'm sure the paperwork that came with your E-Maxx system has steps needed, if any. It might just work, I don't know, but my Spektrum system requires a calibration process so I assume the Traxxas version does as well for optimal performance.
    Slash, Street Rally, 4x4 /Slash, Summit LT, Aton.

RC Racer
    far as i know there is no special setup required for traxxas tsm .
    just install the rx label side up is all .

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...s%20-%20EN.pdf

i have both the tsm system and the spektrum system and i know what you mean about setting up the spektrum one .
    slash P 4x4/cen colossus/rustler vxl/arrma kraton

RC Competitor
    Is the stampede without TSM any good?
    Adriano C.
    Moded 'Pede 44

RC Racer
    It's great - just not stable. . It's now a very old platform and it shows. I have one - 2wd - and while the 4wd is interesting, the 2wd is less so.

RC Enthusiast
    I just bought myself a new brushless e revo. Great motor nice truck but why go to a Bluetooth system that someone else has to hold for you? Also why get rid of the rechargeable battery pack? The truck is great but I feel like traxxas has taken steps backwards with there remotes and telemetry. I have a merv with a big block with all telemetry sensors and a dock and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by carpetman65 View Post
    Great motor nice truck but why go to a Bluetooth system that someone else has to hold for you?
    I have bluetooth and it makes perfect sense. What are you going
    to look at or change on your dock while negotiating your truck at
    speed. Use all the tools they give you and you won't have to see.

RC poster

I'm getting a vkar bison

I'm getting a Vkar Bison v2 but I want to get get the TSM receiver and transmitter basically I just want to know what do else I have to change.