Talking What Did you do with your Rusty/Bandit today?

I posted a thread like this on the stampede forum page, and want to know what you guys do with your rustys or bandits

you can post pics, and videos, mods, upgrades, you name it.

the reason for this thread: to give viewers Ideas and an inspiration to upgrade their car.
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

RC Enthusiast
    I just put a cheap used brushless system in my rustler. Its a SV3 and a no name brand 4 pole 3300kv motor, have it geared 19/86 on 2S. Motor and esc only got to 80F. Now I just need new rear tires as mine are almost bald...

Quote Originally Posted by travis328 View Post
    I just put a cheap used brushless system in my rustler. Its a SV3 and a no name brand 4 pole 3300kv motor, have it geared 19/86 on 2S. Motor and esc only got to 80F. Now I just need new rear tires as mine are almost bald...
    nice upgrade!!!! I always like it when people choose another brand instead of staying with the name brand. it is the way i went with my dynamite taser 3300kv system
    and RC pilots say RC cars can't fly!

RC Enthusiast
    I hate seeing threads with almost 100 views and 1 comment.lol

I switched my slash and rusty to 32 pitch gearing and Im patiently waiting to get my g-locs to try a speed run.

And if anyone wondered how accurate http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html " was it has been almost dead on within 1 to 2 mph so far for me so far.

Still waiting for my flm tranny... should be here today or tomorrow though.

RC Enthusiast
    I upgraded to a proline suspension and power-stoke shocks. I still need to install my Novak Havoc Pro ESC and my 4700KV Hackmoto motor. Cant wait to try it!
    aTdHvAaNnKcSe
    DaveO

RC Enthusiast
    my old rusty now my brothers is pretty much just drag raced in 132' now. every now and then he will open it up to see what she has. Its name is hooptie mainly because it doesn't receive the care it once did and now has a crooked wheelie bar and other mix matched stuff that we had laying around to "repair it" lol, and even with all that it still goes really well. It does have a lot of power with mamba xl and a castle 4 pole 3800 on 3s all the way up to 6s at some points.
    https://youtu.be/2G-ADeTyXDI?t=2m50s

Finally! after 3 long weeks waiting for my flm gearbox I got it today in the mail assembled it and will be installed soon...
    [IMG][/IMG]

Just wondering, has anyone else moved the shocks in towards the body on the a-arms? I did it, one hole, to raise the ride height. No issues on the front but I feel like I am having more problems on the back now. I keep busting the rod ends off on landing and then yesterday bent the shock shaft 90 on a landing. Has moving it one hole in changed the forces that much?

RC Racer
    I put my bandit together trimed the wing abit and tuned my shocks. Also i installed a light at the back so i can see where im sliding in the dark

I ordered all the GREEN aluminum for my St. Patty's day Bandit. Wow this is going to be a hefty bill.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboniman808 View Post
    Just wondering, has anyone else moved the shocks in towards the body on the a-arms? I did it, one hole, to raise the ride height. No issues on the front but I feel like I am having more problems on the back now. I keep busting the rod ends off on landing and then yesterday bent the shock shaft 90 on a landing. Has moving it one hole in changed the forces that much?
    Maybe try moving them back out and see if that helps.

I think adjusting the ride height with shock spacers is a better idea. Moving the shock mount in or out on the arm is also going to affect the droop setting and the overall feel of the suspension aka inward = better traction on low bite surface, outward = better stability and cornering
    Last edited by brandon555; 05-19-2015 at 02:31 PM.
    Bashin' n' crashin'

I did take my time and cleaned up my wiring. now its all nice and tidy! It did involve a little bit of dremeling but nothing serious..
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    How do you like that esc timmey77? Does it overheat?

With the fan It barely gets warm on 2s but without it it gets a little hot... but my gearing is pretty agressive 16/56 with trenchers and 22/56 with g locs

RC Racer
    Ok thanks thinking of buying one for my bday.

Was a Huge upgrade from my 2 pole vxl... The vxl ran hot with 11/56 gearing with trenchers

RC Racer
    Yea.. I like the 1410 sct and probobly going to buy lipos eventually for it but for now just nimh

got my rpm front bearing carriers and long front aarms an went to a test drive. Crazy fast on 2s! geared 22/56 and never got over 135 with j concepts g locs. Also Im happy to report that all my understeering problems are gone! love how it handles now Most likely it has something to do with the 2.5 anti squat from the flm gearbox. Extremely happy how this thing handles now

RC Enthusiast
    Just recited my Rustler and esc fan in the mail today from Tower Hobby, can wait to get off work so I check it out!!