Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the tip!
    Summit, Stampede 4x4, Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9016524

Built here. Basically the same vehicle as you with a shorter chassis.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    He who dares, wins.

You are a winner.

RC Qualifier
    Whoa! Changed to putty and 9/54 gearing yesterday. It went from OK to awesome! I think I will have to upgrade my axles soon - the plastic stock ones are put under extreme torque with this setup. I've still only driven the truck indoors among my son's toys (yes, most of them are on the floor, in piles, just asking to be scaled by my truck) Thanks for the help with the putty!
    Summit, Stampede 4x4, Slash 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsjo View Post
    I was waiting for a whole bunch of scale accessories to finish the truck, but once they arrived I found that they only messed up the visual appearance. I have yet to buy a motor/ESC (which likely will be a HW Crawler, low KV one) but the truck itself is done. This is how it turned out

Both the body and the cover are painted matte with Tamiya's matte clear spray just to make everything match. The spare wheel stays put by means of some scale bungees (this will be a looooow speed truck). I guess I would prefer NOT having the huge Slash rear bumper since it will likely get stuck on the trail, but it looks too good not to have it IMHO.

With everything in place it looks ready to go

The clearance is great and the definition is better than I expected. The GTR shocks (tested with two batteries to simulate operational weight) does a very fine job indeed. This is the most enjoyable project I've done so far

Just as with my Summit project, this truck will soon get a driver model head with some more detail.
    This is why I love this hobby. Look at these rigs. They looks amazing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Just read thru this and loved it,I did a slash 4x4 aka Squeegie and I love it as it is a beast on a MM2/2650 combo.

But for this one if you want crawl ability then go to a sensored motor. I will tell you to look at a castle MMX or MMP, motor wise the castle has no sensor, so look at Tekin Rock 412 or a tekin 4x4 HD 3000kv. Both smooth solid motors that will work with the castle esc.
    I'm playing along with your same ideas

HANG UP AND DRIVE !
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123