RC Competitor

Mamba monster in rustler. have a few ???

Im wanting to upgrade my rustler roller to brushless. I have an emaxx with a like new mamba monster 2200 and mamba monster 2 esc that i never use. Is it feasible to put this in the rustler and "detune" it via the punch control and only run it on 2s? Im not lookin to set any speed records i just dont wanna spend $100 on another brushless system when i have one layin around, albeit overkill. Fyi i have to add a tranny to the rustler so i was gonna pick up a proline tranny so that will be one upgrade to handle the mamba monster. What do u guys think?

RC Enthusiast
    i have the xl in mine lol monster is fine, better to much than to little is the way i look at it

RC Enthusiast
    although the motor is heavy, probably wont be crazy on 2s though

I have seen it done and I want to do it on the build I am working on now. So what if it's over kill, I will have power when I want it.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

First issue will be fitting the 2200kv motor in the tranny case, you will have to hack it up with a Dremel like tool or buy an after market case with an open motor bay. The 2200 wont fit a stock plastic case.

After you get the motor installed I seriously doubt you will be happy with the performance. That is a big heavy motor hanging a lot of weight out back on a truck that is already tail heavy. Also the 2200 really needs at least 4s voltage to wake up, on 2s it will be sluggish. So you will end up with a sluggish poor handling truck IMO.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power