RC poster

Unhappy HELP! TQi died when iPod was pugged in.

Hey guys i have a revo 3.3 for a couple years now and it has been working somewhat fine except with a couple regular wearing. But i have used an iPod 4th generation with my TQi remote and it would work perfectly until yesterday i powered everything on and plugged in my iPod when i noticed my TQi light turned off and I've never been able to turn it back on since then! :/ Can someone please help me find a solution because sending it to repair is sadly not an option.

BTW i already tried changing the batteries, unplugging and reconnecting the battery slot and tried reseting it... Nothing happens!! Help!

RC Racer
    **bump**

I have the same issue. Anyone have an idea??
    Rob
    P2DE Driver.

RC Qualifier
    Happened to me. requires a firmware reflash from traxxas. Sorry thats not an option for you.....

RC Racer
    Who are you referring to knall?? I just got mine back from Traxxxas and that's what they ended up doing...firmware update/reflash.
    Rob
    P2DE Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by roberz00 View Post
    Who are you referring to knall?? I just got mine back from Traxxxas and that's what they ended up doing...firmware update/reflash.
    He was probably referring to the OP, this is what happens
    when you don't quote who your referring to.

RC Champion
    just call traxxas and then you will send it to them to get repaired. its a stupidly common problem i have had aswell. there is many problems with the tqi that is just mearly ONE of them... EL Sob has been through 5 tqi controllers (ipod dock) and has had multiple crashs, loss of signal, and trouble witht he tqi, he was so fed up he sold the last ones after he got it back from traxxas.
    Last edited by mxaustin; 06-20-2015 at 12:49 PM.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

RC poster
    Mine died after being used and I contacted traxxas and they said sorry you live to far away for warranty (UK). It was less than six months old. Not brought in the UK.

RC Champion
    If they can sell it, they can warranty it. That's what I would tell them. No where on their warranty slips does it say "EXCLUDES UK OWNERS"
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx