Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Champion
    http://maxxparts.forumactif.org/f3-kmaxx-kustoms-hopups

here is one assembled with a CEN diff

I have an RC problem...

RC Qualifier
    Thats pretty kool wish I had come across this before doing the lst diff mod. How much did alm that set you back if you dont mind......I ended up selling my hybrids for the cost of the lst so I lost nothing lol.

RC Champion
    these were $125 shipped. you have to supply the diffs. I am going to sell my hybrids once i get these installed. there were 53 sets in the initial run and all were gone in a matter of hours. he is going to do another one at some point.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
    these were $125 shipped. you have to supply the diffs. I am going to sell my hybrids once i get these installed. there were 53 sets in the initial run and all were gone in a matter of hours. he is going to do another one at some point.
    What advantage do those have over the hybrids?
    Proud member of the red card club.

RC Champion
    more options for 1/8 scale diff choice including the much lauded CEN diff. LST2 also fits as well.

here is what the CEN looks like.

I have an RC problem...

RC Competitor
    Those CEN diffs look serious...
    Proud member of the red card club.

RC Qualifier
    Yah they do......man this looks like what the emaxx should have been and someone has finally created what some people had to modify to fit. I like it, it does look serious and imo I think those and the lst diffs definitely look more well built than the hyper/hybrid combo.

more options for 1/8 scale diff choice including the much lauded CEN diff. LST2 also fits as well.

here is what the CEN looks like.

That's not the New diff case from Kmaxx Kustoms. So i guess you're just showing a CEN diff inside a CEN case?
    I have 2 sets of Kmaxx Kustoms diff cases on the way to me. And cant wait to check them out!
    The UE ultralite diff cases retail for $150 for a set. And not all 1/8 scale diffs will fit. So that's one of the biggest advantages the Kmaxx Kustom cases have of the UE cases. But both of them still need a set of bulkheads to fit them to.
    My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

RC Champion
    It was the closest pic I could find to show just the diff. The case in that pic is not the kmaxx case.

I spent some time tonight trying to set up both the lst2 and vorza flux diffs in the kmaxx case and either will take some serious shimming to get a smooth running engagement. For the heck of it, I just ordered a pair of CEN diffs from eBay and will try those out once I get back from vacation week after next. I also have shims on the way too (both 8x13x.1 and 13x18x.1) the smaller ones are for the pinion depth and larger for the side bearings for setting backlash. I feel like I am setting up a Dana 60.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Champion
    My GA 7075 bulk heads showed up today so I did some trail fitting:

FLM Hybrid on the left, GA Bulk with Kmaxx diff on the right:

Best part about the GA Bulks is the access holes for the lower shock tower screws. No more goofy angle:

I will have to order another set of ejector pins because these bulks do not have set screws to lock the pins in place. My plan is to get some longer ones and use some collars to keep them in place.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Qualifier

RCM Vmaxx Chassis Build

Where did you get the GA bulks from? I'm now in love with them because they have the hole for the lower shock tower mounting screw

RC Champion
    ordered them directly through the Great Assembly website. Took about a week to ship but clearly he's still in business. They are REALLY nice products. There is definitely a weight penalty though. The FLM hybrids don't feel nearly as solid.

http://www.greatassemblyrc.com/
    I have an RC problem...

RC Qualifier
    Wow that whole setup looks beefy!!! Very nice build, but it does look like a lot more weight and rather on the pricey side

RC Champion
    Both the GA bulks and the kmaxx diffs are significantly heavier than the FLM hybrid bulks. But this maxx is built to be bombproof so weight is not the biggest concern.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Racer
    Now I've got my V-Maxx chassis. It seems to be good stuff.
    I've got a question regarding your center diff plate, mine does not look like the one you have.
    Are there different models or v2?
    This is how my look.

RC Champion
    Looks like he made some updates and increased the adjustability of the center diff plate. I would actually prefer that plate over the one I have.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Champion
    sorry it's been a while for update. family vacation got in the way of my build.

i left things off with going to CEN diffs in the Kmaxx housings. I got them in there and did a test run and was very disappointed with the rock-crusher sounds the CEN diffs make. The super coarse gears are not very quiet. I am sure they are strong but I like my cars to sound smooth. I pulled the CENs out and I am now installing the LST2 diffs into the Kmaxx housings.

I also made a change to the CD spur gear count. I was having some clearance issues with the 46t spur and 1717 motor which was limiting my choice of pinion down to about a 14t. I have since switched to a 50t spur which will now allow an 11t pinion. This was originally necessitated by the CEN diff gear ratio being very high however the Losi diffs are a bit lower. Now I can run a 12 or 13t pinion with the 50t spur and losi diffs to but the car right in the sweet spot with 6S and the 1650 kv motor.

And if that's not enough. I found that the lower chassis braces on my vmaxx chassis are starting to bend. It seems the large holes that are drilled through the rails are weak spots and rails are bending there. So.... I am working with Kmaxx to get a magneto chassis eventually.

rear assembly with kmaxx diff housing loaded with Losi LST2 diff and GA bulks. I am using traxxas steel cvds as before and the LST2 diffs have revo stubs and short drive cups. the dog bone is positioned perfectly.

here is the CD mount with the larger 50t spur. The only thing I had to do was use a router bit to create a channel in the RCM skid plate for the gear to run in. pretty easy.

I have an RC problem...

RC Racer
    rock-rod, on the rear drive shaft . do you have to modify? because mine is quite short...it wont even go in drive cup.

RC Champion
    I used the rear shaft that came with the FLM lcd chassis. It measures 108mm pin to pin. If you are using the stock trans then it's probably going to be a different length.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Racer
    yup , i am using stock trans.

RC Champion
    Stock diffs too?
    I have an RC problem...

RC poster
    Wow! I love the K-Maxx and GA Bulk Combo. It looks very strong!

RC Racer
    yes stock diff. and madmax arm , aluminum diff cover.

RC Champion
    from what i understand, the stock center shafts should fit without issue. everything stays in the stock locations. Is it the front or rear center shaft that doesn't work. did you try emailing Mike at RC Monster?
    I have an RC problem...

RC Racer
    It is the rear drive shaft. here are some pic.

I think maybe madmax arms are a little longer than RPM or Stocks

RC Qualifier
    You'll need to use erevo drive cups, they are longer to hold the dog bone more in place and allow it not to pop out.

RC Qualifier
    Even the erevo drive cups may not be enough.. They're only 1-2mm longer

RC Champion
    I see what your issue is, I was thinking the center driveshafts from the trans to the diffs. I am using traxxas steel cvd shafts as well but my diffs are kmaxx housings loaded with LST2 diffs and revo drive cups. I can't tell what arms you are using. How far are the pillow balls screwed into the ends of the arms?
    I have an RC problem...

RC Racer
    I am using Madmax arms http://www.ebay.com/itm/MadMax-A-arm...-/281621830556

the pillow balls i adjust to where my wheel is straight but if i screw all the way in then my tires would not be even

Last edited by jvinhj240; 10-30-2015 at 11:43 PM.

RC poster
    Hi,

I think MIP Spline CVD could work. Because they are Teleskop Driveshafts.

RC Racer
    I might just have to do that. Or is there dog bone out there that maybe a little longer?

RC poster
    Maybe you can find Driveshafts they will fit in the Traxxas Axel. I think a Truggy Driveshafts can fit.

RC Racer
    Sorry rock-rob for hijacking your threat.

D8Tracer,I have look into a few . I am not sure which will fit.

http://www.rcplanet.com/Losi_CV_Driv...opping+Feed%29

RC poster
    Hi,

I measured the TRX Driveshafts from Pin to Pin. I think 128,5mm are correct. I know that front D8T Driveshafts are 131mm long. But I am not sure if this is from Pin to Pin or from End to End. I will Check this..

RC Competitor
    Can't find your mbx6t shocks you used, but found these.

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/mugen/mu...s-springs.html mbx7r
    Or
    http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/mugen-1-...h-springs.html mbx7t

Will either work and if so what ones better?

Thanks for any info

RC Champion
    Either from the 7 series will work. They are essentially the same shock but the valving may be different.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Competitor
    Either from the 7 series will work. They are essentially the same shock but the valving may be different.
    Thanks, and can I only use 4 or do I have to get 8? And I'd still need to replace with heavier springs? Sorry for all the questions I just hate having to return stuff lol

RC Champion
    I am using 4 but I increased the spring rates. Keep in mind that you can't using the stock 3.3 axle shafts. You will need some steel cvds because the shocks are quite a bit bigger than the stock or big bores.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Competitor
    I am using 4 but I increased the spring rates. Keep in mind that you can't using the stock 3.3 axle shafts. You will need some steel cvds because the shocks are quite a bit bigger than the stock or big bores.
    Thanks,

I will be using RPM arm's up front and the rpm true tracks in the rear with traxxas cvd's. On a RC monster vmaxx chassis with RC'S shock towers. Will they work with that?

Also I just noticed the MBX7R'S say they come with x hard springs not the medium ones that the t's come with. So I shouldn't need to replace the shocks right?

Thanks for all the help

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf8o View Post
    Thanks,

I will be using RPM arm's up front and the rpm true tracks in the rear with traxxas cvd's. On a RC monster vmaxx chassis with RC'S shock towers. Will they work with that?

Also I just noticed the MBX7R'S say they come with x hard springs not the medium ones that the t's come with. So I shouldn't need to replace the shocks right?

Thanks for all the help
    And what weight oil are you using. Was thinking to start with 45w. How many shocks can be filled with 2 FL oz of shock oil? Need a idea on how much to order.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast