Thread: maintenace x01

RC Racer

maintenace x01

besides just over looking the xo1 and tightening up screws for maintenance what else is there to do thats super important in the maintenance side of things only the must do please let me know ?

I'm not one to make light of maintenance, but that's one of the beauties of the XO. If you're set up for 50mph, you play in big parking lots, and you don't crash; then you don't have anything other than look over maintenance.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Enthusiast
    Sadly though it's hard to find a perfect running area and often you will break an a-arm because you hit something such as a rock or a bump.
    Traxxas xo-1
    Stampede

RC Racer
    well i can keep mine in straight line now as my battery have deteriorated

If you do happen to find a good parking lot, do "8" patterns, and you'll get better wear on your tires.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes, but the xo-1 is meant for lines but if you only care about saving money on tires go for figure eights
    Traxxas xo-1
    Stampede

If all a person does is go in straight lines they will save their tires too, but it will be more boring than running figure "8's". In fact, running in straight lines is what the XO's made for, which would hardly ever wear out tires. But, for me personally, doing speed runs all the time would be really, really boring. Kind of like taking my Ducati out, and just riding it out on the freeway...boring! A ReglarGuy's got to have some turns and twisties to have fun.

Oops, back to the XO...I found out (the hard way) if a person runs their XO on a track with moderately more right turns than left (or vise-a-versa) they'll eat up their tires fast. When I first got my XO, I made this one track that had three rights and one left...I ate a rear tire within using my 8th battery...dudes, that's to rich for my blood.

The reason? Because, I also found out that if one rear tire poops out, you can't just change one. You at least have to change both rears. And, what I also found out was, if you just change only the rear tires, one of the fronts is going to be toast before you next time out is over. So now, you're looking at a new set of four to do things right, and at 80 bucks for a full set...like I said above...to rich for my blood. Anyway, with my "8" track it's fun, fast, and I get good tire wear by wearing all my tires out evenly.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-14-2015 at 04:27 PM.