RC poster

Locking second gear

I recently converted my jato to electric. I have been driving it around in first, have been putting off taking apart the transmission. I thought the trans was the same as the revo's and was going to just screw the gear in. Did some looking around and alot of the post I saw doing the jato conversion use a conversion kit or have pictures of another method but those pictures are gone do to age. I also read by some people that the kit its not as good as locking into second. Just looking for some help on how to do this no to worried about having reverse either.
    Thanks for any help.

RC poster
    I'm looking for advise on how to lock the trans in to second could only find the one gear conversion kits, or one thread on another website that was very clear on how to actually lock it into second. I have though about notching the clutch gear there to allow me to place screws in the gear and keeping the clutch from turning kinda like how the revo lockout does but not sure if there are better ways out there that i cant find. Any help would be nice seeing how the trans is apart now.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cman6974 View Post
    I'm looking for advise on how to lock the trans in to second could only find the one gear conversion kits, or one thread on another website that was very clear on how to actually lock it into second. I have though about notching the clutch gear there to allow me to place screws in the gear and keeping the clutch from turning kinda like how the revo lockout does but not sure if there are better ways out there that i cant find. Any help would be nice seeing how the trans is apart now.

im going to assume youre turning the adjusting arm the wrong direction, you screw it IN to make the arm swing out at a higher rpm, thats how it shifts gears automaticly, it turns fast enough to over power the spring tension and grabs the pin molded to the second gear. so in retrospec loosen to make it shift sooner. i dont understand why you wouldnt want first and second gear . faster acceleration? better holeshot out of a corner? also makes the motor work harder and can cause over heating. the best thing to do is leave the trans a two speed and just adjust it properly.

how ever if your just dead set on it being stuck in second gear for some odd reason just loosen the adjustment till soon as it starts turning it swings the arm out into second.
    Last edited by mxaustin; 05-21-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx