RC poster

Break-in procedure

Hi,

I just bought a Traxxas Nitro Slash a few days ago and wanted to start with the break-in procedure. After the first step (1/4 throttle in 2sec) the car started acting weird. After doing some searches over the internet and reading the manual I think the fail-safe was kicking in because the batteries in the receiver or controller weren't fully charged (at least I hope this was the case). The led's on the receiver and controller were green and after some seconds turned to flashing red. I could not finish the break-in procedure.
    My question is, is this a problem? What do I do next? Start break-in procedure from the beginning or start at the second step?

Thanks for your responses!

Move on to the second tank though there is nothing wrong with starting the procedure over. Get good batteries for the transmitter and purchase a 5-cell receiver pack for the truck.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thank you so much for your reply! :-) I will continue with the break-in.

Just one more quick question. Right now I have 800mAh recharchable batteries for the transmitter. Is this enough?

You may be able to get by, but alkaline batteries last a long time in the 2.4ghz transmitter so I see no benefit to having rechargeables in there. Rechargeable AA batteries put out 1.2v whereas alkaline are 1.5v.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks! :-)

RC poster
    Break in can make your truck glitch and act weird. After break in it runs normally. Just move on to the next step.
    Last edited by Double G; 10-14-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: advertising