RC poster

How Water Proof Are They?

Hi, I just purchased my first LiPo's. They are 2 5800 MAH 25C 7.4v 2 Cell Traxxas with ID.

I was wondering how waterproof are they?

I wouldn't suggest it but most lipos can be submerged without any problems. I would only worry if you bought a cheap battery. But don't do that since traxxas doesn't say it is ok.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

Read the instructions properly because I think at one stage it mentions to avoid water.
    I put my Lipo in a baloon when I ran in deep and thick puddles and snow, that was then but now I avoid wet conditions at all costs, the clean up is too much, even though all my screw are stainless, esc and servos water proof.
    Live life to the fullest

RC poster
    Thanks for the feedback :-)

I ran my Traxxas lipos all winter without issue....had it stuffed full of snow on more than one occasion. Not sure if it's good for them or not but I'm still using them and they work fine. All I did was dry them off when I was done.

Alfredmadere
    I drove right after a flood and the thing did fine, the only thing i would be carful about is the screws. They tend to rust quite abit

RC Qualifier
    I have on 2 seperate ocasions had lipos submerged in a lake, I tried for a while to drive my way out..... then I had to go for a swim. Both times no problems after the fact. I am not the least bit concerned with puddles or snow.