RC poster

Question revo 3.3 not shifting but goes real fast real quick.

I has recently replaced my clutch shoes on my revo 3.3 and when I had replaced them I had noticed that the engine would go real fast but would not shift. The other thing too is that when I hold the car in the air the wheels do not turn from the idle. The slipper clutch would not twitch like it usually would. The motor seems to be louder than it usually is.

1. Check the slipper clutch to ensure it is properly tightened/adjusted.

2. The tires should not turn at idle, that is the point of the clutch: to disengage a moving engine from non-moving tires.

3. Where is it louder from? Front? Back? Top? Side? Make sure everything is airtight back there.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    The slipper clutch is pretty tight. But the motor is really loud like almost screeching but when i stop the car it calms down. But is there a way to fix the shifting. But like i said it can get to being really fast real quick.

RC poster
    Try sanding the inside of the clutch bell with very fine sandpaper the inner surface maybe 'glazed', brake disc can also suffer from this. Check the boot connecting the header and pipe if it's damaged loss of back pressure will cause the RPMs to rise quickly and the engine noise will be very loud.

RC poster
    Also note that the clutch shoes need to be installed reverse of the diagram so that the pins are pushing the shoes around rather then pulling them around, if you have them in as per the diagram the clutch will slip when it shifts into second gear, the engine will race and you might not recognize the shift.