RC poster

Traxxas 2-cell/3-cell lipo balance charger part#2935

Hello everyone, How is everyone's day been so far on this beautiful day? Mine's been pretty good, anyways I have a Traxxas Stampede 2 wheel drive that I bought used. It didn't come with the factory nimh battery or charger it came with a traxxas lipo battery (part#2840) and a lipo charger (part#2935). Now I am fairly new to electric rc's and might not nessesarly know what I'm doing. but anyways when I go to charge the battery I will plug in the charger and then plug in the battery. 2 red lights will come on and one green light, obviously the green light is on because its only a 2 cell lipo battery. But I guess my main question is how long should this take to charge a 2 cell lipo battery from dead. I mean will it take over night? Or should it just take a few hours?

RC Racer
    You have an 800mah charger made for charging 1400 and 2200 mah batteries (the kind found in smaller cars).

http://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-2935-C.../dp/B006BYOYGU

It will take hours and hours.

I would invest in a good 10 amp or so charger for $80 or so, unless you're OK with a very slow rate of charge.

Even if you're patient taking a LONG time to charge batts, it will still fail. I bought a Slash that came packaged with 2 2s/4200mah Traxxas packs and that crappy charger. It took so long to charge those packs that the charger literally started to melt after 4 or 5 charge cycles. Traxxas did warranty it, but I just stuck it in the box and bought a different one. Plenty of good chargers on the market for reasonable money.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Racer
    Even the traxxas 4 amp lipo/nimh charger is great. Its only 50$ I bought one awhile ago and its great 1 1/2 hours to charge a 5000mah battery is the average time which is fine with me. I myself dont need a 30min charge. Plus the less amps going into the battery keep the lipo batterys cold.

RC Racer
    LiPo batts should never warm up while charging. If they do, I would ask why.