RC Enthusiast

MM2/2200 - Power Unloading in Rear

Hello - looking for suggestions - I have a MM2/2200 combo and even on light throttle the rear wants to spin around. I know it has a ton of power but I think I may have the setup wrong.

I ordered XO-1 diffs when I built last fall - anyone know the diff wt used in those? Could I have reversed them? Suggestions for diff fluid wt to clean them out and start over?

I have everything bulletproofed and in nice condition and can't find any binding. I have a Robinson Racing SG slipper set tight -1/3 turn. Gearing is 19/54.

Any help would be appreciated - I really like the 4x4's for the grip and go power but all the guts seem to spill out the rear - Thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you bought complete xo1 diffs. You really don't know if your getting 2 fronts or 2 rears or 1 of each. I don't remember which is which. But one has 10k while the other has 100k. If you did get 1 each then it should be easy to figure which is which by spinning it. I fill mine 60/100 f/r. What tires are you running

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    If you bought complete xo1 diffs. You really don't know if your getting 2 fronts or 2 rears or 1 of each. I don't remember which is which. But one has 10k while the other has 100k. If you did get 1 each then it should be easy to figure which is which by spinning it. I fill mine 60/100 f/r. What tires are you running
    I'm running Trenchers on 3.2 revolvers. Are you running a Mamba setup and getting good traction at all corners with the 60/100?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SV8T View Post
    I'm running Trenchers on 3.2 revolvers. Are you running a Mamba setup and getting good traction at all corners with the 60/100?
    When I ran mt tires I was running the sw8/2200 system. With 19/54 up to 22/50 I would ride wheelies with 60/100.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Are you running 2s or?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    Are you running 2s or?
    I'm running Thunder Power G6 Race Pro 4s 100c 6500mah.

What would be the outcome of running 100 both front and rear? Would I be better off to use lighter wt one end?

RC Qualifier
    I could be wrong but I think the lighter weight may allow one wheel to spin and one to get traction making the truck go off to one side. i actually run a 1/8th motor and run 500K in the rear! It may just be me but I think it tracks straighter now. I only bash though and rarely run on pavement. I do notice under hard throttle the truck does sometimes pull to the left (I think) but I have chalked that up to the power and rotational force of the drivetrain. I'll be curious to see what others say.

RC Competitor
    I am running mm2/2650kv on 3s I just recently cleaned and rebuilt my factory diffs and put 50k front and 30k rear and I gotta say since I've done it I have noticed on pavement if there's a little patch of sand the rear seems to unload a bit too much and it will spin the truck around. To be honest the truck handled better before I touched the factory diffs

RC Qualifier
    My diff case broke in half and I'm getting ready to figure out how to fix it. How much fluid do you add and where do you put it in? Is there a fill hole or something?

I'm running a SW8 and 2200 kv.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magstang1 View Post
    My diff case broke in half and I'm getting ready to figure out how to fix it. How much fluid do you add and where do you put it in? Is there a fill hole or something?

I'm running a SW8 and 2200 kv.
    Are you talking about the diff housing? The part that you mount the bumpers and shock tower too. Or did you split the actual diff case in half?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pcgjr47 View Post
    I am running mm2/2650kv on 3s I just recently cleaned and rebuilt my factory diffs and put 50k front and 30k rear and I gotta say since I've done it I have noticed on pavement if there's a little patch of sand the rear seems to unload a bit too much and it will spin the truck around. To be honest the truck handled better before I touched the factory diffs
    That could be part of it - this truck wants nothing to do with gravel and the road is a bit sandy. I've been trying to bash at a nearby construction project and there is quite a bit of sand and dirt on the pavement areas. It seems I can't get any traction though just goes straight into donuts.

With the 30 in the rear do you get the "walking" wheelies? Another issue I'm trying to figure out. Turck seems to want to track left or right regardless of steering trim. I kind of chalked it up to taping the tires 2x with Gorilla tape and them being too rigid. Could the lighter rear fluid cause it to pull left or right on throttle?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SV8T View Post

With the 30 in the rear do you get the "walking" wheelies? Another issue I'm trying to figure out. Turck seems to want to track left or right regardless of steering trim. I kind of chalked it up to taping the tires 2x with Gorilla tape and them being too rigid. Could the lighter rear fluid cause it to pull left or right on throttle?
    I noticed it on mine when I use to run 50/30. It rocked side to side like crazy. I had to let off the throttle or else it would be in the ditch or hit a curb. With the 100 in the rear it rode the wheelie straight and long.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Are you talking about the diff housing? The part that you mount the bumpers and shock tower too. Or did you split the actual diff case in half?
    The housing. I bought a new one already. Just started tearing it apart last night.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magstang1 View Post
    The housing. I bought a new one already. Just started tearing it apart last night.
    Oh ok. So you know now you don't need diff fluid. Just some grease not a lot but some on the ring gear( big gear mounted on the diff cup

RC Qualifier
    Cool. I grabbed a tube a grease at the shop. Should be good to go. Thanks.

Hijack over/